“Rooms are too small”

Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotels, but for a family if four it's way too small, hard to move around , we have stayed a number of times but don't thinkwe will stay agin, have to find one with bigger rooms. Good for one king bed and maybe door in between and a queen in other room,

Room Tip: Rooms are small
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear 448Yvonne31:

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton and for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor.

Our guestrooms are smaller than many of the standard hotel brand guest rooms. We have utilized design to maximize the efficiency of the space available. You might want to consider connecting rooms to allow more space for the family during your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I chose this hotel as we were going to Boston for the weekend. This hotel is perfect as it's out of the"traffic mess" in Boston. Parking is free and most of it is covered which is nice. Check in was simple. The room was different but very nice. The hardwood floor caught my eye as it would be easier for them to clean than carpet. There is a restaurant/bar downstairs. We had a few drinks one night, and I must say the service and the drinks are worth the money. Definitely a nice place to stay and we'll be back

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Steve L
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Steve L:

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your expereince and look forward to hosting you during your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel sits at end of Riveraide T line in suburban area and next to highway. Good location.

Parking good and free

Reception welcoming and informative.

Rooms are small but if you ask for two beds there is more sqft.

TVs not very new butvthey are acceptable. And good WiFi.

I found only one fatal flaw....water pressure....pathetically low.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Harper5633020:

Thank yfou for choosing the Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton for your recent trip to the Boston Area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on line.

We are glad you enjoyed the value proposition of staying at our Indigo. The free covered parking and easy access to public transportation makes the hotel a perfect choice for the majority of traveler's needs.

We are very sorry that you had an issue with water pressure. This has never been an issue for the building in general. It usually is caused by a faulty showerhead that needs to be replaced. I will reachout to you directly in an effort to determine what room you have occupied so the issue can be corrected.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel this past Sunday because he had a business meeting the next morning in Newton. I figured I would join him for the evening this way we could spend our afternoon relaxing by the pool and grabbing a nice dinner before the work week started up again. Boy was I wrong...

We drove up to the crowded hotel front where there seemed to be valet however we were told to "continue on" and had to park in the back while the "pool party" guests were being welcomed and their cars were valeted. No big deal we both have arms and legs and proceeded inside. The front desk staff were probably the only pleasant thing about this hotel. We went up to our room, small but moderne overlooking the pool...how nice we thought....

This "pool party" is every Sunday from 2p-8p and is the TRASHIEST event I have ever seen. Girls were in risqué bathing suits and high heels- the guys had their pants down to their knees. I definitely saw someone with socks that had marijuana leaves on them. My fiancé and I are 25 and 30 respectively...we love to have a few drinks and enjoy a good time...but this was just disgusting! We asked for chairs since we were hotel guests and we were told they were $10...but they had none for us anyways so we sat by the edge of the pool. We were starving but since there was no where for us to sit we decided we would skip lunch and get an early dinner. I ordered a fruity cocktail-my 3 sip sangria costs $12!!!

Well, the pool was a fail so lets grab a good dinner. I put on my dress-he put on his polo and boat shoes and we walked down to Bokx 109 prime where we hoped to get a nice meal (since we never ate lunch). NOT. They don't serve dinner on nights of the "pool party". So we were given a sticky menu at the bar while we watched an overly intoxicated man get kicked out of the pool party, sneak back in and then the cops escort him out again. All we could hear was the bumping of the dj's music.

This hotel was on my fiancé's business "preferred" hotel list. This will hopefully change. He already told his co-workers in Wellesley and Newton to NEVER put their clients in this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Kaitlin C
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Kaitlin J:

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton for your recent Sunday stay. We appreciate your comments and suggestions.

I am sorry that the pool event held on the Sunday in question was unappealing and distrubtive to your stay experience. Your comments as well as the feedback from other customers will be considered carefully as we plan future events on the pool deck.

Thank you again for your time and comments.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The location is amazing! Right next to the T Station to get into Boston. Hotel was very noisy between bar and t station of the trains. I requested a quiet room and never got one. I came in for a convention, very difficult to sleep. Hotel was very full when I arrived so the desk couldn't change my assignment. The shower was cold. Hot water was a major problem. Bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Book online for best prices.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear guest34iu:

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that your stay was distrubed our active restaurant scene. Many of our guests tell us are beds are extremely comfortable. We are glad that you found the experience pleasing.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We live in the area and have come to enjoy the hotel and pool on occasion. This past visit was riddled with terrible service both poolside and in the restaurant, and we were surrounded by loud, very over served adults who turned the pool area into a trashy, inappropriate at scene by 3 in the afternoon. It took over an hour to get three sodas, poolside, and we gave up on the food order. The next day, we were told that we must leave the pool and hotel at checkout (11am), which I've never experienced. Most hotels welcome you using their facilities until you're ready to leave for the day. We spent less than 24 hours and were made to feel unwelcome (and am also an IHG Rewards Club Member). I will never go back and hope they are able to creates less trashy, more accommodating and service oriented environment.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank ClaudiaDHenderson
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston Newton for your recent staycation.

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am very sorry that the pool atmosphere was less than enjoyabe for your and your family. The pool deck is a very active space and not always and sleepy relaxing environment.

Late check outs are provided to IHG rewards elite members which can extend your time a the pool until 2 pm on your check out day. The hotel is unable to accomodate all guests at the pool beyond check out time, in order to have space for our incoming guests that start arriving by late morning.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. We value your feedback and the opportunity it provides for us to contiually improve the products and services provided by the hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had heard good things about this hotel so when visiting the area for a family event, I had to see for myself. I must say I was blown away. The hotel is great and the customer service is fantastic. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with smiles and pleasantries and then we met Mark at the Front Desk, a fellow Mid Atlanticers like us, it made us fell welcome in the notorious Northeast . He was courteous, professional and almost knew what we needed before we did! He suggested places to eat and see and was well versed in his knowledge of the area. He was spot on with his walking and driving directions, crucial in a busy area during a weekend for out of towners.

I would stay in this hotel again and will definitely recommend it to coworkers and friends. Thank you Mark keep it up!

Room Tip: Ask for Mark he's the man
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jeremy C:

Thank you for choosing the hotel Indigo Boston - Newton and for sharing our comments on trip advisor.

I will pass you comments on to Mark who will be thrilled that you truly enjoyed your stay.

Come see us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Boston Marriott Newton
Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
Residence Inn Boston Needham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

Been to Hotel Indigo Boston - Newton Riverside? Share your experiences!