“As Good As Ever”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have dined at FYP many times over the years. Due to a relationship with MCLA, I often make overnight trips to North Adams. It's been a couple of years since I last visited, but I came back on November 3 and had dinner at FYP with my wife.

I found the food to be as good as ever and the atmosphere was outstanding. It was snowing and we were seated in front of their large fireplace with a fire roaring. I found the service and food to be outstanding...it's a pub afterall, not a 5 star restaurant. They have a very good selection of beers on draft and in bottles. The menu was diverse...something for everyone.

Still one of my favorites and I will return!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

In years past the FYP was one of the few good places to eat in town. Basic American fare in a pub atmosphere. The FYP has declined in service and food offerings. Maybe this is a symptom of the ecomonic downturn. On the upside the food is ok and the drinks are wonderful. Parking is good. Again, be prepared to wait. Service is horrible. Food pricepoint is $$.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was OK for a casual dinner at the end of a long day outdoors, but I'm not sure I'll return. The atmosphere is much more bar-like than restaurant-like, noisy with sticky tables and lots of TVs showing sports. Service was quite slow and the food was not very memorable.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We prearranged lunch on a Saturday with Colleen the owner. She communicates well, made sure the staff was ready for all 34 of us when we arrived. Blocked off parking for us. Nice restaurant - Great Staff - Good Food - Fast Service. I would recommend Freight Yard 100 o/o and we travel a lot with our Corvette Club to many places. She did a wonderful job accommodating all us. Not one complaint!!! Well done. Thank You

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Either this place has gone downhill, or we went on an off day. It took a very long time to get our food and it wasn't worth the wait. The nachos were undercheesed and overcooked, the clam chowder, which in the past has been pretty good, tasted old and unhappy, none of the other food was very good. They changed their menu, going for a smaller selection, higher prices and a more image intense corporate look. I preferred the old menu. They do have good beers, and the atmosphere is nice. The free popcorn is a nice idea, nut it was mushy and stale.