“Always good!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Troy, New York
“Always good!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We've been going to Freight Yard for years now & it's always great!. Staff is friendly, food is very good. Hubby LOVES their whole belly clams! Their burgers are very good & the french onion soup is one of the best.

• Visited February 2014

Latham, New York
“Overall....not a bad experience”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I stopped in about 7:00pm on a Sunday in January. Wasn't sure what kind of a crowd, if any, we would find. Seems to be a friendly, neighborhood type of place. Waitresses and bartender called many patrons by their first name. Bartender greeted us from behind the bar...."Sit anywhere" I thought it was a pretty good crowd for a Sunday night. We chose a cozy spot under a ceiling mounted heater. They were out of regular and diet cola so we went with iced tea. It was OK. Fried pickles for an appetizer. They weren't bad but could have spent another minute of two in the fryer to crisp up a bit more. We both had burgers. Mine, ordered medium rare with bacon, Swiss, and mushrooms. I'd give it a solid OK. Was cooked the way I ordered. Meat seemed a bit bland though. Just as with the pickles, the French fries could have benefitted from another minute or two in the fryer. Portions are very generous and the service was fine. We saw others around us with a plate of nachos piled sky high although they looked a bit light on the actual toppings. The chicken wings looked good. Nice and big and meaty. All in all, not a bad experience. Would we go back, yeah, probably. Wouldn't make a special trip but we'd stop again if in the area. Oh yeah, parking is under the bridge. Trust your GPS if you're using it. The pub is there, you just have to look for it.

• Visited January 2014
Corning, New York
“Wore a coat while we ate, but the food was good”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Wow, what a cool place - both literally and figuratively. The building appears to be an old rail station, with the large beams running through the building. Simply a lovely place, but it would be nice if they turned on the heat!..Food was very good, but we did eat with our coats on. I had the seasme chicken wrap which was simply excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“As Good As Ever”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have dined at FYP many times over the years. Due to a relationship with MCLA, I often make overnight trips to North Adams. It's been a couple of years since I last visited, but I came back on November 3 and had dinner at FYP with my wife.

I found the food to be as good as ever and the atmosphere was outstanding. It was snowing and we were seated in front of their large fireplace with a fire roaring. I found the service and food to be outstanding...it's a pub afterall, not a 5 star restaurant. They have a very good selection of beers on draft and in bottles. The menu was diverse...something for everyone.

Still one of my favorites and I will return!

• Visited November 2013
Clarksburg
“Has not kept up”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

In years past the FYP was one of the few good places to eat in town. Basic American fare in a pub atmosphere. The FYP has declined in service and food offerings. Maybe this is a symptom of the ecomonic downturn. On the upside the food is ok and the drinks are wonderful. Parking is good. Again, be prepared to wait. Service is horrible. Food pricepoint is $$.

Visited August 2013