“CUSTOMER SERVICE AT IT'S BEST!”

Holiday Inn Berkshires
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Adams
Reviewed 8 October 2013

That is the best way to describe my experience at this hotel. It started as soon as we arrived. The bell person, Josie, was friendly and prompt. Jen got the group checked in without incident. The rooms were great. In the morning, Gail got all of our luggage down and ready to load. Our breakfast was prepared by James and served by Linette Searcy. What surprised me the most is that SHE IS THE GENERAL MANAGER!. I have never been anywhere where a manager dug in in such a way. she was very friendly and everyone made us all feel right at home. OUTSTANDING!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
lsearcy, Manager at Holiday Inn Berkshires, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It's always great to hear when our team members get noticed for going above and beyond. We are committed to providing a world class experience and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Berkshires

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We have stayed a couple times on business. We also were told, no early check in. But that's OK. The check-in always seems slow, average customer service. During our last stay housekeeping walked in on me while I was in the bathroom, did not knock or announce herself. I was so incredibly embarrased !!! I told the woman at the desk when we checked out and she laughed and said " yes I heard, she thought you had checked out". I thought a mistake as serious as that deserved an apology and something like a free meal? Instead I was the joke of the day. We will be going back as it is the closest hotel for work but I will lock the door!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the bldg from the fire dept.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

We apologize if you believe that we joke about our guests. We are committed to providing world class customer service, and this is an issue that we take very seriously. I have directly passed along your feedback to the front desk and housekeeping staff. I do invite you to return to our property on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Comfortable, spacious and updated room in a great location!

It's walking distance to Mass Moca and restaurants.

We had a great dinner at Public. Chicken tenders, autumn bisque and apple cider beer was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's accommodations and it's proximity to the local venues. I do invite you to try our onsite restaurant, The Richmond Grille, on your next visit to our property. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with great feedback.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here on a Priority Club Rewards night. The hotel is extremely well kept, clean, attractive lobby. Nice pool. Rooms are nicely put together with excellent beds, Flat-Screen TV, wireless, Kuerig coffee maker in room. The location is right in the center of downtown North Adams, and there are probably 12 restaurants within walking distance of 5 minutes or less. The restaurant at the hotel was the only real drawback. The staff at breakfast was unbelievably poor. There were two people working our table, neither knew what the other was doing. My breakfast was brought out 20 minutes before my wife's, it didn't stay warm more than a couple of minutes, a cold waffle is a bad thing. Then a waitress happened to walk by about 15 minutes later and said "Didn't you want anything to eat?" to my wife, add another ten minutes to finally get the breakfast. Paying the check was another horror show, reminded me of the service in Aruba in the 1980s. The hotel is great, the restaurant is terrible. My rating is of the hotel only.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else downtown for breakfast, staff very poor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
lsearcy, Manager at Holiday Inn Berkshires, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be most accommodating and well kept. We do apologize for your displeasure with your experiences in our restaurant. Your feedback will passed along to our Food and Beverage Director so that we can continue to provide the world-class service that our guests should receive. I do invite you to join us again on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

For 4 years, my husband and I have been staying at this hotel when we visited my daughter who was in boarding school in the nearby town of Williamstown. From the very first time we met Susan at the registration desk, she show such warmth and made us feel welcome. She is extremely knowledgeable about where to find things around the town. She always would take a moment to listen when we talked about how well our daughter was doing in school. This year my daughter graduated from high school and Susan took care of the guests we invited to come to my daughter's graduation who stand at the hotel too. Susan is outstanding in her customer service, and I don't say this lightly. At a former job, I was a trainer and I taught new employees how to administer customer service, I stress warmth, knowledge, and empathy as key components in administering customer service. Susan excelled in all of these areas of customer service. In the 4 years of staying at the hotel several times during a the school year, Nov, March, May, and June, Susan has shown consistency In her manner and her service. Susan gets an "A++ rating from me.
I hope the Holiday Inn administration has some sought of good service award for outstanding employees such a Susan.

Tracey Wise-Quick

Room Tip: The Executive Suites are spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
lsearcy, Manager at Holiday Inn Berkshires, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. We take great pride in providing the highest quality service to all of our guests, and Susan is a fine example of this. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to review your stay.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night in August on our way to Saratoga, NY. Horrendous check in experience. Front desk person was rude right from the start. We arrived early and hoped for an early check although we know it's not guaranteed. The girl immediately informed us absolutely no early check-in's today - no exceptions. I politely asked if she could give us the first room available and offered my cell #. Again, no early check-in's nothing until 3pm. I then said will have nothing at all until 3pm out of 100+ rooms? She was rude and very unaccomodating. When we returned to the hotel around 2:15pm we noticed she was checking in another guest - how insulting is that? I wrote to Holiday Inn expressing my displeasure with this hotel and they advised the hotel would do an internal review, but I would not be able to see the results. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the service was slower than slow. This hotel was awful and would never return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnchris16
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Berkshires, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear donnchris16,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us continually improve our guests services.

I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had during check in and truly sorry for the dissatisfaction you had with the service level provided by our staff. Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible.

We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel and it did not disappoint. The 1st time was about 2 years ago and we were out in the area again traveling with a another couple and decided to stay again. I made reservations directly with the hotel and had no issues but my friend called the 800# and got some strange rates and found them not to be very helpful. We contacted the hotel directly and they quickly and pleasantly straightened it all out for us. Check in/check out was quick and efficient. Our rooms were very comfortable, spacious and very clean. We had rooms higher up which afforded some good views of the mountains. We had drinks and appetizers in the outdoor patio area later that evening. Service and food were very good (the band was not so good). Location is excellent when visiting the area or fall foliage trips – it is close to most major attractions in the area (colleges, Mt Greylock, Museums, etc). We found everything as it should be and everyone very pleasant and helpful. Good value for the price we paid (watch for deals). We would definitely stay here again and recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for staying at our property. We greatly appreciate when our guests take the time to provide feedback regarding their visits. We take great pride in our pleasant and accommodating staff. We are glad you found great value in your stay at our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Adams
#2 of 13 in Williamstown
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
#4 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to Holiday Inn Berkshires? Share your experiences!