“Perfectly acceptable hotel”

Holiday Inn Berkshires
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Adams
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel was comfortable, clean, and the staff were friendly - and the location was perfect to visit the art museum and walk to other restaurants / attractions in this cute New Englad town. Things like the gym, saunas, and hot tubs were added bonuses.

Just be aware the hotel has a few 'quirks'. For example, there are offices (lawyers, real estate agents, etc.) intermingled with some of the hotel rooms. Our room was also in an odd shape and had quite a bit of open, empty space. None of these are bad things - just things to be aware of.

Some aspects of the hotel could use refurbishment - our bathroom was dark and the shower leaked. The heat unit also gave off a weird smell.

Still, perfectly comfortable place to stay. Friendly staff and a good location are critical.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlueTraveller711

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The employees are very friendly. The food is ok, could use some improvements. The rooms are clean,beds are comfortable.the pool and hot tube are nice to relax in after a long day of work. Not alot of stuff in town to do after work hours.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've been staying at the Holiday Inn Berkshires for 4 years now while my son was in college and it was always the best service. Stop in for breakfast at the restaurant Erin is an amazing server. She works so hard.

Room Tip: All rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This property easy to find. Located very close to places to eat (walkable). Close to Mass MOCA, plus two colleges - Williams and MCLA. Prices are a little higher than local small hotels. I got a huge discount by having a hotel credit. Only stayed one night. Very clean, comfortable bed. I had a view of a busy corner but this nice newer building is very good soundproof windows, in my opinion. Two small issues: It was loud hearing the persons talking in the room next door thru the adjoining door entry. (I had to leave my TV on to drown out the conversation). Secondly, a little problem with bathroom shower head, it was stuck aiming to the end of the tub. Could not adjust at the time of my shower. I reported it to maintenance when I left. Pool, on site restaurant, game room etc are available but I didn't use on my quick stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
lsearcy, Manager at Holiday Inn Berkshires, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time at the hotel and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Berkshires for one night with a large group - 12 people in 3 rooms. It was exactly what we expected and were looking for - clean, comfortable and quiet.

The location is great. It's right in the downtown area, and there are multiple restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance.

The rooms were quiet - we couldn't hear our neighbors. They were also a good size - we crammed four of us in comfortably, with plenty of room for all our bags. Beds were comfortable, a little on the firmer side (which I prefer).

I didn't use the pool, but several of my party enjoyed it and the hot tub. There's also a small gym.

The front desk and housekeeping service was great. They made sure we had rooms next to each other. They brought us a cot and extra towels quickly and gave us an extra hour to get out of the rooms in the morning.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay, and exactly what I've come to expect from the Holiday Inn Brand.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank abarber
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed here off and on over the past decade, including a period during which the Holiday Inn status was temporarily defunct. It is a Holiday Inn again after some renovations and I'd say it meets the standard for the brand. My room was spacious and comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and the service was satisfactory. Having been on a whirlwind tour of ski areas I was too tired to go out to eat, so I dined at the hotel restaurant which was pretty decent. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here one night while checking out MCLA. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful with our small requests. The room was your typical room. It has decent size refrigerator and microwave. The beds are very comfortable. There is a restaurant, which we did not try. They have an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. They also have a gym, laundry and a room with a ping pong table and Foosball table. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
The Williams Inn
#8 of 13 in Williamstown
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Holiday Inn Berkshires? Share your experiences!