“good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

nice place, clean, friendly staff, good food, a little bit slow on saturday morning, but acceptable.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank weiweiweiweiwei

Boston, Massachusetts
“Waited a LONG TIME, and uncooked food... STAY AWAY!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I were excited to try this place. First of all, very LOUD employees. You can hear them talking to each other on the other end of the restaurant. Maybe it's the silence from the the jukebox or the echoes throughout the establishment.

I order a cheeseburger and also my wife ordered a turkey burger. After 30 plus minutes our food came out. The place wasn't pack, there were only 4 tables with customers. Looking around, we all stared at one another waiting to see who will get their food from the wait staff. When our food arrived, my wife took a bite in the turkey burger and noticed it was still raw with a cold center. It seemed as if it just got thawed from being frozen. She wanted to puke. She was extremely disappointed and immediately, our waitress took the burger away and order a replacement for her. My wife stared at me the whole time while she was waiting for the food.

While we were waiting, we noticed the owner was going through all the tables to greet the customers before they pay for the tab. He was introducing himself and asking them if everything was all set, how was the food, etc. I was looking forward to see him, when it was our turn.

Believe it or not, we waited for another 20-30 minutes for the second turkey burger. My wife didn't even want to eat the burger, she asked to have that packed to go. We both couldn't believe the wait time. When our bill arrived, the owner did not even come to our table.

From the look of his eyes, he knew this happened. He knew we had an UNCOOKED turkey burger. The waitress brought us the bill. She apologized for the mishap. I just wanted to speak to the owner. As soon as I stood up, he walked to the back. I felt like we were magnets on the same pole, repelling from one another. The closer I walk towards him, the farther he walked away from me. I hope he can see this review as I think he is very much a WEAK Owner.

Think, how can you have an uncooked turkey burger served to a customer. How did the chef let this order go. Wanna know why??? When we walked out the door, we noticed a very young adult (probably in his teens) cooking at the grill. He had his headphones on both ears, looks like he was a dancer instead of a cook. Overall, he didn't care for his job duties and lacked the inspection on the quality of the food prior to placing in on a plate for a customer. It really bothers me to see such a new place, get so runned down by UNQUALIFIED employees!

I hope to see someone from this establishment respond to this review. I am not optimistic.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Wonno
“Remembering the 60's..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Start with the wonderful 60's decor...reminiscent of the soda shop or diner you hung out in after school in the 60's and 70's...ok, I'm dating myself here...jukebox centerpiece as you walk in and clean fresh decor.
The food was fabulous! Breakfast served all day...homemade home fries, a mix of white and sweet potatoes, ham right off the bone on my plate. My niece and I shared a chocolate milkshake...decadent.
Full menu with homemade desserts...next time!

• Visited July 2013
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“perfect breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

my son wanted a pancake breakfast while visiting in the foxboro area. i found johnny's hometown and decided to give it a try. my son ordered The Route One, which include two big pancakes, 3 eggs, sausage, bacon, and potatoes. He was very pleased. He even asked for chocolate chips in his pancakes which the did for him. I enjoyed a veggie omelet which came with potatoes and toast. The coffee was delicious. Since we were only there for breakfast, I can't speak to the rest of the menu, but it did look good. Our server was very friendly and attentive as was the staff who greeted us at the door.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MA
“terrible....runnnn away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Attached is a copy of a letter written to owners about recent experience.

Hello-

I wanted to write you about my recent experience at your restaurant in North Attleboro. I'd like to state that this is officially the first time in my life I have ever complained about an experience somewhere, I was totally disappointed.

My wife and I visited your establishment around 2pm on Monday of last week. We walked in to only one table of patrons and several employees standing around. No harm there, but having to wait to be seated while the conversations were finished wasn't necessary. The waitress greeted us and for the most part throughout our dining experience she was fine. Here are the three things that bothered me...

1. The food - My wife ordered a belgian waffle and well done bacon (after we split a quesadilla which was fine). Aside from the fact that I could have made the waffle for 50 cents at a local motel, it tasted like cleaning solution. My meal was much worse. I ordered some form of double cheeseburger with fries. Now at this point Id like to mention that we are now the only people here. My bun was stale (actually hard), the bacon was not cooked through and my fries were sopping with fry grease on the outside and actually cold inside. I had two fries and half of the burger, the rest was thrown away along with 75% of my wifes waffle.

2. The atmosphere - For a diner, it was incredibly stale. I think we heard 25% of four songs spread our over our 45 minutes to an hour there, there rest of the time was spent in silence, which gave us plenty of time to listen to the employees talk. We had to sit and listen to the person, who I'm assuming was the manager, sit at the counter and eat his food for a majority of our time there. At the same time people (not employees) are coming in and out from the parking lot grabbing things from the kitchen, talking to workers and leaving. Then a bigger gentleman with a black eye came in who was an employee (probably a cook) and talked to the "manager/supervisor" at the counter about how he got wasted and got into a fight with someone. There were several inappropriate topics, raunchy stories and expletives that were said. I found their conversation topics unacceptable for the dining room, yet could hear them without problem because of the silence.

3. The prices for the food we received. Your pricing is insane for both the quality of your food and the portions you serve. We paid $50 plus for a motel waffle, decent quesadilla and a double cheeseburger on a stale role with greasy half cooked fries. Completely unacceptable.

Now again, let me state that I have never complained about a business before in my life. For a new establishment trying to earn customers, I would assume this is some feedback you would like to receive. Our visit was completely unprofessional and a giant waste of money and time.

Tim Johnson