My Husband and I stayed in the Over Water Jacuzzi Villa for 6 nights. Beautiful waters, nicely maintained property, clean pools, Strategically placed bars. The Jacuzzi water villas in the north wing are in the only adult area which gave us all the privacy and the calm that we required. The gushing waves hitting the stilts of the villa can be a botheration to the weak sleepers though. So be careful while choosing your room. Sports activities offered are satisfying, though i feel that use of Pool tables, Badminton, bicycles etc should be complimentary. Snorkelling is the best thing that happened to us here, waters are crystal clear and the marine life is also decent. Swimming pools are strategically placed and offer good range of cocktails and other drinks.
( Negative ; The sunlounger / chair , mattresses and cushions on the pool and in the room decks are made of fabric and in case of rain, they get drenched and are of no use till the time they dry up. It is a botheration as one is unable to relax and lie by the pool or in your room deck, We had to spread our beach towels on the sunloungers in our villa deck and lie down as just the wooden loungers may hurt your back )
( Negative ; Housekeeping can be a little more effective. The dirt and dust they accumulate on cleaning the villa daily, is thrown into the sea water flowing underneath the villas which is a disappointment and makes one angry as the marine life is being affected.)
Restaurants are also nicely located with good food quality. Vegetarians may have a bit of a hard time but it is manageable. The serving staff is very courteous and shall make sure they serve you the best always. We were on a full board plan. There is an all inclusive choice also available which I feel is a personal choice at the end of the day depending on the amount of beverages one may consume during the stay etc. Water is chargeable during lunch and dinner. Over water spa is very nicely planned and located. People who love walking will have a great time here as the island is huge and there is a lot of walking involved. We had a great time walking around the island almost daily. The crabs may give you a hard time in walking on the beach so be careful. Our transfers were planned out efficiently and before the day of check out we received a detailed list of when to keep our luggage out and what time to check out etc. It saved us a lot of hassle. Bill clearing was fast and non controversial. Tipping in maldives is not necessary as all the rates include 8% GST and 10% service charge. It is up to you to tip or not. Restaurant waiters may be given anywhere between 10 to 20 US$ per week of your stay, Porters 1$ per bag. We would highly recommend this resort for people looking for quality in an economical window. Meeru island is one of the bigger islands out of the many islands of Maldives and maintaining such a huge property is a task in itself and they are doing it beautifully. With the quality and quantity we got for what we paid, we would surely like to go back to Meeru ( ignoring the few drawbacks as minor and managebale ) P.S the images shown on their official website and elsewhere is exactly how the resort looks, even better in actual.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meeru Island Resort, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Male' Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide, about 60 hectares (105 acres). Your speedboat transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 55 minute ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meeru Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meeru Island Hotel North Male Atoll
- Meeru Island Maldives
- Meeru Island Resort Maldives
- Hotel Meeru Island