“Good”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Good”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was in town for the night and needed some seafood badly. Found Fresh Catch and I have to say that the food was decent. Nothing really spectacular but the price was good and the food was good as well. I ordered a drink called the scorpion bowl and at first I figured it needed more alcohol but it slowly crept up on me as I left. Very good and very tasty. I would recommend.

• Visited November 2013

Lyndeborough, NH
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The restaurant was chilly when we arrived, but the waitress eventually found the thermostat and turned it up. There were very few diners there, but it still took a long time to get our food, which was barely warm. The cornbread was excessively sweet and dry. I substituted onion rings for the fries, and they were quite good. My shrimp and clams were adequate in quantity and average in quality, nothing special.

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again. There are other places in the area that provide a better meal for less money.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BobRLyndeborough_NH
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Seafood”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Food was ok. Some of the lobster in the Haddock Oscar tasted fishy, however the lobster in the seafood casserole tasted very good. Server was very helpful and talked with management and we received discount. Also had a "wedge" salad which is large enough for three. Great taste with the bacon. Drinks were good. Nice simple place have had some good food. Reasonable pricing and great service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank dei3333
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just o.k.”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had a gift card for this restaurant and decided to try it on a recent Saturday night in July. Arrived at 6:00 p.m. and got right in. No reservation needed. Waitress was prompt and friendly. She brought a basked with 2 pieces of cornbread over immediately. Nothing special, just average cornbread. My husband doesn't like cornbread, would have prefered rolls instead. We ordered drinks while looking over the menu. The Blue Hawaiian was delicious. Decided on clams casino for an app. What I received were the worst casino I have ever had. The clams had way too much breading on them. The top was browned, but the crumbs underneath were mushy. I tried scraping off the crumbs and could not find the clam! The bacon on top was so fatty on 4 of the clams. This dish was more like stuffed clams instead of clams casino, but still horrible. Do not recommend. My husband ordered 1/2 dozen Wellfleet oysters. Although pricy (2.95 each), he said they were very good. On to the entrees - I had the swordfish. I ordered it blackened. Very tasty and a good size portion. Mixed veggies were just o.k. - some of the broccoli was cooked so much, it was gray in color. Not very appetizing. My husband ordered the fish and chips. It was served with the skin on and had a thick, tempura like batter. He does not like a thick batter so he picked off the batter and just ate the fish.The downer for him was that it was served w/dill pickle tartar sauce, not the sweet kind served in most places. The coleslaw looked like it had been through the blender, so fine and mushy. Not good at all. Overall, we thought the place was a little pricey and just average for what we had. Definitely would not hurry back to this place.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Fuzzychicken
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Gray, overcooked, obviously previously frozen tuna”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I am the biggest push over in the world, My family teases me because even when I have a terrible meal I tip well and never complain. However, tonight when my "rare" tuna came to the table gray and terribly over cooked I ask the waitress to take it back. She did and within 30 seconds came back with the same dish and a message from the chef that I was wrong and the fish was cooked fine. I said I wanted a new piece and she very uncomfortably took it back to the kitchen. I then spent the next few minutes being stared at by the chef, who reluctantly fired me a new piece of fish. A few minutes later I was presented with a second gray and sad piece of fish, on my now wilted and old salad. I was uncomfortable and had lost my appetite by this time. I tried to eat my meal but did not get very far. It was clear this was never going to be the fresh, pink tuna the menu described and I was hoping for. The very, very, very strong flavor of gas/propane on the fish was more than I could overlook. Not to mention the grilled mushrooms that were so cold they hurt my teeth. We asked for the check and that was that. On the bright side the very sorry waitress spoke to another server and removed the salad from my check and gave us a $10 gift card to try the place again. I appreciated the effort of those 2 staff members and the uncomfortable situation they were put in by their chef/manager. I doubt we will ever go back but the servers should not feel responsible for that fact.

• Visited June 2013