“Local flavor”

The Farmer's Daughter
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmer's Daughter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in North Easton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Local flavor”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived on a Saturday just after noon and were seated right away. We ordered the Avo Egg, fruit salad and the special crabmeat topped frittata. The wait was about 20 minutes for our good. The decor was neat and added to the rustic "farm" feel. The food was very good and fresh. Look forward to trying this again for lunch!

• Visited September 2013

Stoughton, Massachusetts
“i also wanted it to be good!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

REALLY cool decor. AN HOUR to wait for our food. when it finally came out, the food was tolerable at best. pancake was flavorless, dry with a hint of cinnimon. eggs, dry and bitter. toast....COLD. i was so hungry after the wait i gobbled it all down making myself sick!

1 Thank Christopher M
“Wonderful Food, Attentive Service....but a bit too much noise...”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was our first trip to this restaurant. We went with friends who live in Easton, so we walked to the restaurant. We arrived at 12:45 on a Friday, the dinning room and bar were bustling and we were warmly greeted. There were only two tables available and we waited only a few minutes for a table to be prepped for the four of us. We found the menu to be very diversified and all four of us ordered something different. We were all pleased with our choices, in quantity, but more importantly in quality. We ordered: Cobb salad, Pan Asian salad with grilled skirt steak, the Havana sandwich, and the Double BLT. We ate in silence, even though the room is noisy...why? ... Because the food was so good! My three partners all enjoyed their choices, no exceptions. What I personally like in dishes is big, bold, complex flavors, and the BLT more than met my expectations. (Anyway, who likes bland and boring?) It's a combo of pulled pork, with a vinegar flavored BBQ sauce, with BACON, and real tomato on grilled multi-grained bread. The flavors of this sandwiched were right down my alley. The only reason we didn't give the restaurant five stars is the noise. There is no decor element that softens or absorbs the voice noise. It was difficult for the four of us in our party to converse during our meal. Don't get me wrong, the decor and art are very nice but we felt the noise level was difficult. They serve breakfast and lunch, with breakfast always available. We are going to try breakfast, and I'm certain we'll be back for lunch. They are recently opened and doing very well...maybe some opening and growing pains but trust me, the food is very good!

• Visited September 2013
North Easton, Massachusetts
“I really wanted it to be good!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The good: The restaurant works hard to maintain the "farmer" theme, A rustic feel and smartly appointed, the décor is a perfect fit, even down to the tiny milk cans used for the coffee creamer and the wooden clip boards used for your check. The menu offers several unique and interesting choices for breakfast and lunch.

The bad: The prices are way too expensive for what you get. I went there with my wife and daughter and spent almost $40 for a light breakfast. We would have spend under $25 at Stonebridge and we would have gotten better food and service. Both my wife's eggs and mine were overcooked and dry as a bone. The toast was delicious, but cold by the time it reached our table. Most of the servers are extremely nice but seem inexperienced and slow to serve meals and refill coffee. For some peculiar reason, the have Equal but no Sweet & Low. They also don't offer American cheese or Swiss cheese (which we like), opting for more exotic choices.

Bottom line: It's nice to have a restaurant like this in Easton but not at these prices, average food quality and mediocre service, we'll wait to go back until these issues get fixed.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Willowtree115
Boston, MA
“Good food, more waiting than necessary.”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were there on a late Tuesday morning for breakfast. The restaurant was very busy, but we were able to be seated right away. We waited a while for the waitress to come over, and were ready to order by the time she came over. We both asked for coffee, and then waited. We waited for close to 10 minutes to actually get out coffees. Then more waiting. We finished our first cup of coffee and our second before our breakfast arrived. I had the Avo egg which is a fried egg on 1/2 a broiled avocado. It was DELICIOUS! My husband had the oatmeal pancakes with blueberry compote which were also yummy. The coffee was also really quite good. Overall, really good food. I was glad that we didn't attempt to try this place with the kids, they would have been going crazy with all the waiting.

• Visited August 2013