“ok place”
Review of Blue Sea Motor Inn

Blue Sea Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Reviewed 12 September 2012

For years I stayed at the Blue Sea Motor Inn...in an efficiency unit....until one year, i noticed that the ceilings in the 2nd building they purchased (across the street from old building), had black mold/mildew on the ceiling. My girlfriend and I made jokes about it the year we were there and discovered it, but it was also our last year staying there. Plus, the apt rooms always felt very damp.......they were clean, but damp none the less. Bottom line, with a little research you can find a place to say for cheaper that offers more.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lisa0208

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Courteous staff. Right on the beach. Beach was covered with seaweed in early August 2012 when we rented 8 rooms while attending a wedding locally. BathTowels were from the 50's also.
We all cooked at the BBQ one evening and it was in dis-repair. The indoor pool needs up-dating and the choline odor is powerful. No beach chairs are provided so we brought our own.
The wedding was great @ a local farm.
The location to Provincetown and other Truro events is great. The bus service to P-town is very slow.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank hopkins45
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just checked in and all I can say Is NOT impressed at all!!! This Motel is more like something you would expect in the Norman Bates Movie!!! NO Thrills at all decor is so outdated. Have Pink tiled Bathroom. Fridge is something that my Great Grandmother would have. Only good thing going for it at least has a Indoor Pool and the AC is somewhat new. Room had a musty smell, carpet is outdated and beds have a odor. I recommend that anyone that is looking for a nice place to stay, GO ELSEWHERE! NOT worth the money!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank freakyfrank73
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Looking at the pictures of this motor inn and reading some of the reviews we thought we were getting a great deal. I have to say that I was a little, maybe a little more the a little, disappointed. We didn't need one of the big rooms so we got a room with just a queen size bed, it was located just doors down from the office. No view of the water or the dunes, but we didn't expect that for the price. We did however expect to be able to shower. The bathroom was tiny, but the shower, was nearly impossible!! There was no way to soap up your hair, or body because there is no where in the shower to go where the water isn't hitting you. However, the bathroom is so small that if you forget something you can just open up the shower curtain and reach it, or open up the door to ask someone to hand it to you. We also expected to be able to open the windows. Yeah it is hot and humid most of the days, but the nights on the Cape are awesome and it would have been great to open the windows and feel the breeze. However, one window had the A/C unit in it, the bathroom window and one other room window only opened a crack and one other window didn't open at all. I believe it was painted shut. Then there's the door!! First we couldn't get in without hitting it with your shoulder as you turned the knob and pushed. So we thought "Oh well it just sticks a little", the next morning we thought we were going to have to call the office for help getting out!! We tried everything and it wouldn't even budge. Finally I pounded on the top of the door and then kicked the bottom and it opened. My girlfriend was getting ready to yell help out the crack we could open the window. On Saturday we were getting ready to go out to dinner, I was drying my hair and my girlfriend was watching tv, and the power went out. The hair dryer, tv and A/C was too much for the fuse I guess. But then Sunday we were going out and we just had the A/C on (since we couldn't open the windows) and the tv and blew a fuse again!! When we called the office they asked if we had any electronics on...of course we did!! I have heard how nice the other rooms were... Not so sure I believe it now. I picked up one of the brochures and noticed the rooms looked nothing like that, and I would love to know where the pool in the picture was because that is not the one I saw at the Blue Sea!! On the good side.. the rooms and the grounds are very clean, it is nice and quiet, a great location with P'town close on one side and other restaurants not too far away the other way for those times you don't want to walk around the town. Plus they do have the private beach which is a plus. I can't review the beach because we didn't make it down there.

Room Tip: Ask for the bigger rooms with the view of the beach, and slider doors!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DorrieR65
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We have been coming to Provincetown for over 20 years. We usually
stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in the past that wa closer in to town.
This year we could not get a booking at the old place, so we checked out other
venues. We decided to stay at the Blue Sea Motor Inn this
summer (July 2012). It was the best decision we ever made! Some of
the negative reviews gave us some hesitation before we made our decision.
Those negative reviews were totally off-base. We found the extra
large room we got at the Blue Sea's auxillary building just across the road
from the main Motel to be one of the best values ever if you are going
to P-Town, especially during Bear Week. If you want a large room next year
in P-Town, you definitely should line up your reservation today.

Joe Neussendorfer

P.S. : Josh, the owners' son was exceptionally courteous during our stay.

Room Tip: Go for the larger rooms on the Dunes side. Most rooms in P-Town are very cramped. Not so at the B...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe N
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The outside of this motor inn appears run down so I began to worry...however, my bottom floor bayfront room was spacious, immaculate and had very pretty seafoam colored bedding. In addition, there was a small round table with two chairs and a good sized refrigerator. The TV had expanded cable access. The tub/shower never ran out of hot water, although some of the towels felt like sandpaper. There was a lovely cushioned lounge chair with oversized footstool that was angled toward the sliding glass door that faced the bay. The sea air was unbelievably refreshing! I literally only had to take two steps out of my room and there was the beginning of a very large, sandy beach. There was a rather lengthy walk to get to the water over a wooden boardwalk. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had deposited mounds of seaweed which made accessing the water challenging. On low tide there is a huge sandbar which attracted alot of beachcombers looking for shells and small crabs. My stay was for a few nights but the appearance of the indoor pool and hot tub was not at all inviting - chlorine was needed there. The maid service was wonderful, hardworking and had nice rappor with the guests. Overall, though, this is a very dated property. While it seems management is trying to keep a fresh look cosmetically to the rooms, they really need to invest some $$$ overall. NOTE: Although the rooms are advertized as having phones - mine did not. I was told by management that "a storm came through over the winter and some of the rooms still do not have phone service."

Room Tip: If you are a beach-lover stay in the beachfront units. The website has a property map.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank ILUVMYVOLVO
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Great location...old style cape motor inn on the beach. If looking for Holiday Inn updated type hotel...you will be disappointed. The price was great and the view and ocean breeze priceless.
Super place to be out side P-town activities yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle. We will return!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
#5 of 15 in Provincetown
Top Mast Resort
Top Mast Resort
#1 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Blue Sea Motor Inn? Share your experiences!