“Go for the beachfront...”
Review of Blue Sea Motor Inn

Blue Sea Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Ok. THis is a nice, basic, family-run motel. It's nice to see one of the very few places that haven't gone "condo". The grounds are very nicely kept, and there is an indoor pool and coin laundry. Free WIFI also! Mid-size fridge in the room we had - not just a cube.

But the reason to go is the beachfront. You are right on the bay, with beautiful views of Provincetown and the real "hook" of Cape Cod. There are huge sand bars to explore at low tide, and the beach isn't too rocky considering it's a Cape beach. Beautiful breezes at night, with wave sounds in the distance.

That said, the rooms are ok. I don't want to say they should renovate, b/c I want it to stay affordable! Things are clean, but worn. I'm not there for the room, but to enjoy the Cape, and to that end, it is a great place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TIJ11

Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is the 6th time we have stayed here. It is clean, affordable and on the beach. The beach seems to go on forever. The seaweed referred to in recent reviews has to with the choppy seas all week. Its not the norm. We stayed across the street where you face a wooded area with the dunes beyond that from your back porch. Route 6 is also visible but not heavily traveled. It is a large room with a king and bunk beads. It has a full kitchen. There is a large kitchen table. The pool and hot tub are good but are housed in an older structure. Its in a good location, just over the line from p-town. It does look like a throwback from the '70s but is clean and in good condition. It is an affordable option. I like that is family owned and operated. I support small businesses.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank travelingwoman45
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We came for the party, but couldn't afford to stay in p-town. The Blue Sea offered us a a great rate and a location close enough that we could still enjoy all the festivities of carnival. Rooms were well appointed with a great view of the dunes. The bus stop right out front made for convenient travel into town. My one real complaint is that there was no hair dryer.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Slilights
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Some of my extended family stayed here for two nights for a memorial type of visit. We had 4 rooms some of has had two double beds and one of us had the king size. Even though we had the doune view the highway is just beyond that but wasn't too loud. The back deck was nice to sit and relax on. Staff was nice upon check in told we were staying across the street and parking would be available over there( it's really diagonally across the street a little ) Well, twice I was with out parking because the parking lot is so very tight and if people don't park correctly spaces are lost. Not to mention bikes hanging off the backs of SUVs makes it nearly impossible to park. The room was adequate for our needs. Rooms seemed clean, dates but clean and didn't have any issues.
The beach, well be prepared to walk. It's quite a walk to the beach especially carrying items, hot sand and the board walk only goes about 1/4 of the way to the beach. Was a drag every time you needed to use the rest room or grab something else that was needed. Beach had lots of seaweed but that's not really at the fault of the hotel. We used the pool once right before we left. Was clean and seemed to suit us. We did not use the hot tub. There are towels at the pool for use and two changing areas. No shower besides outside and a tiny bathroom that's located back at the front desk. I've stayed at all different places on beaches etc and this one wasn't too bad. We enjoyed our stay and think it was fair for the price.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jessicajlq
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This is the classic American motel. It's in a really nice point of cape cod with the beach connected to it. Rooms are really basic. Bed, restroom, a little wardrobe, TV and a/c.
It's the perfect room for 1 night if you are travelling around the states!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Pietro T
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This motel is a time-trip to the past (think 60's). It was "adequate" for us, but if you regularly frequent moderately priced chain hotels like Hampton Inn, Wingate, Fairfield Inns etc. you will probably not like this place. We arrived an hour or two before check-in and were given our room keys cheerfully by the gal at the front desk. The bus stops right across from the motel and is a WAY BETTER option than driving into P'town. Checked out the pool and hot tub which seemed adequate but the structure they're in looks shabby. Didn't use the pool/hot tub but the people in there said they were happy.
First the rooms: we were on the "beach" side (see below) in the older section 114-121 and when we first arrived the room smelled dank and I was sketched out. The rooms are like a time travel backwards right down to the floral curtains, dark indoor/outdoor carpet, pink bathroom (with a constantly running faucet which gets to you but apparently not them), big boy TV and 2 queen beds which actually were firm. There is a miniscule refrig (no freezer) and a coffee maker (no coffee but you can get packets in the office). The room was very dated, but clean. Our room was quiet (114 is right next to the road- 121 farthest from road) and gets the late afternoon sun (100-112 get morning sun and afternoon shade). I mention that because we had cool, clear, breezy weather during our stay so didn't use the A/C and had fresh air blowing through. Had it been hot and/or damp we would have had to use the A/C which seemed pretty old and I wondered about the filter. If you choose the older section near the office try 100-112 for the late day shade. I had to get something from the front desk during our stay and a very pleasant young guy accommodated my request. Wifi was available and was no problem. The "beach front" rooms are more expensive and from what I saw of the beach aren't worth it (see below). Beachfront rooms are 2 story and appeared to have far more children.
The beach: There is a huge sandy beach overlooking the bay but the entire shoreline is choked with sea weed. It is fine if you like to sit in a beach chair and read, look at the water, or have kids who like to play in the sand but you wouldn't want to swim here (see pictures). This is where the whole "beach side" thing eludes me. We ended up driving to the real beach and taking the bus to P'town.
To sum it up: It wasn't an awful experience (though I arrived with trepidation from some of the reviews). The room was clean, quiet, my bed comfy and the staff friendly but I wouldn't stay here again because I would rather be where I could walk to town and/or the ocean. If you're used to old style motels you'd probably be OK here (it took me a couple of days to get used to it). As I've noted in my other reviews of our visit I'm glad to have seen the area but found pretty much everything in P'town over-priced.

Room Tip: For this hotel I would choose the older section near the office because it has wifi and is close to...