“Wish we had just one more day” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Truro
Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod
ma
“Wish we had just one more day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is our third time staying at Adventure Bound Campground in N. Truro. We rented one of the trailers on the property for the weeked. It had everything that we needed for our family of four. The front bedroom constists of a queen size bed. In the common area there is a table and chairs, couch, cable tv, stereo, small kitchen with a sink, cooktop, oven, microwave, fridge and freezer. The oven is not full size we learned that the first time we stayed there so now we are sure to bring small size pans to cook. There is also a coffee pot and a toaster along with dishes, pots and pans. There is also a bathroom with a full tub. The back bedroom consists of two sets of bunkbeds. There are no guard rails on the upper bunks which wasn't a problem for us since our kids slept on the bottom bunks. The air conditioning in the trailer work great! It was a hot weekend so we were glad that we had it. Outside of the trailer there was a deck, picnic table and a gas grill. The campground also rents fire bowls. Be sure to sign up for one early as they do not have enough to go around. They cost $5 per night to rent. We walked to Coast Guard Beach. It was about a 20 minute walk from the campground. The beach was great. My kids loved the huge sand hill. The water was a little cold. We wish we had another day to venture to P-town. Next year we will stay a little longer. My husband purchased some delicious corn at a local farmstand. All in all it was a great weekend. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank violetlilac

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

This campground is pretty much as good as it gets.

A beautiful facility. Heavily wooded, with the very pretty scrub pine trees common to the area being by far the most common tree.

Meticulously maintained. I don't think I've ever seen a cleaner campground. The commons areas were spotless. A fair number of permanent or seasonal campers, but even their sites were tidy and presentable (this isn't always the case in large campgrounds).

It's located in North Truro. A five to ten minute walk down beautiful dune paths to two terrific local beaches.

Or you can take the trolley into PTown in about twenty minutes. The trolley runs every 30 minutes all day and it's last stop is literally at the front door of the campground. It's a dollar if you buy a token in the camp office. Last trolley leaves PTown at 12:30 at night. It's a very convenient way to get around.

My partner and I have stayed here for a week plus every July for the past three years.

Lots of families. Lots of sport fishermen, kayakers, etc.

Since it is close to Provincetown it's gay friendly. But I wouldn't call it a gay destination.

No pool. No organized activities. But with great beaches ten minutes away you really don't need much else.

What really struck me was how well run it is. It's a pretty large facility, but I never saw the front desk overwhelmed. The staff were always professional and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. Which can't be easy, as I'm sure they have answer the same stupid tourist questions over and over again.

The only complaint I can think of is I do wish the camp store was better stocked in terms of food items. But then that's a complaint I have at all campgrounds.

What really struck me was how quiet the campground was. Even though there were plenty of families and young couples I almost never heard screaming, loud music, etc.

We had a couple of specific requests, including an emergency UPS delivery, a need for an extra power cord extender, etc. James (camp manager, I believe) and staff were very accommodating. They even loaned me a bicycle helmet when I asked about local bike laws.

We stayed at the 'main' campground. Right down the road is Hortons, which is a campground that Adventure Bound recently bought. It's still being developed. It has more of a natural look, with less structured sites, etc. More of a natural vegetation look, rather than a meticulously maintained camp. I suspect it will become more developed and look more like the main campground over time.

Last, right down the road is Savory Pizza, maybe the best pizza I've ever had. So if you don't feel like cooking at your campsite there's a great food option about a mile away. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

You really can't go wrong with this campground.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SpartanJoe
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

I liked this campground! Not only were the staff at the campground really, really nice, but it was easy to find and fun. We went kind of late in the season so it wasn't super busy but it was a good place to stay. You can purchase firepits and you must buy your wood from the campground, which can get pricey. (This is to make sure you don't bring any pests onto the Cape, which I understand).

The price is a little much, but there aren't a lot of campgrounds on the Cape, especially so far down. The coolest part of this campground was that it was only a mile to Head of the Meadow Beach. It is such a nice beach and it's great that you can walk there from the campground.

I would camp here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank taves7
portsmouth RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for a long weekend at "Adventure Bound". We should have known from the name. We have Camped on the National Sea Shore for years. I was absolutely appalled when we arrived at this "camp? ground. Paved roads with little spots of dirt and grass every few feet called "primitive sites"??? I could hear the women in the next tent breathing at night (not snoring) The children are running up and down the roads in front of the "tent site? on scooters, skatboards and bikes from 6 am on. The staff was short tempered and seemed annoyed by all these people, Well, I have to admit, I was annoyed with all these people too. Of course, I was paying for this environment, not getting paid.The quiet policy is NOT enforced at all! Finally,in fustration from lack of sleep, at 2 am, .. I had to walk around the park to get to the site above us (In the parking lot!!) but called a site? to ask the 8 young adults to turn down the music and the volume on their screeming! the staff apparently were unaware of this, but on my trek back to my own site, I received quiet shout outs of "thanks" thank you so much" form the tents I passed. The bathrooms were similar to being at 6 flags Amusment park.. Wet and crowded with soaked papertowels on the floor and people pushing into each other. Camping?, peace? quiet? the sounds of nature? relaxation? alone time with your mate or children? You would be better off camping on the side of route 6, believe m,e at 2 am, it's quieter.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
7 Thank Camanda08
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

We stayed at Adventure Bound Camping Resort during the last week in August. The location is wonderful. It's close to some of the best beaches on Cape Cod. As a matter of fact you can walk to the beach.... granted its a long walk about 20-30 minutes and about a mile away, but if you are up for it you can do it and it's actually a nice walk through a wooded path. The sites at this campground are mostly filled up with seasonals. There are really no amenities at this campground. Even the campground store is stocked with very little. The bathrooms are a bit older but mostly clean. We didn't use them because our camper has a bathroom and we had a full hookup. The campground charges you $5/night for a fire pit, which I think is ridiculous and every day the staff comes around to collect the fire pits unless you've paid ahead. The $5 charge does not include wood so this price is really outrageous to me. Also, if you don't put out the fire by 11:00 pm the night crew will dose it with a bucket of water, which happened to us. We weren't upset because these are the rules and we were aware of them, but some people might get offended by this. I also think that it had to do with the fact that the camp ground could lose their fire permit if the fires aren't out by 11:00 pm so that is why they are strict about it.

The site we stayed at was very large but the hookups are really far away and we had to go to office and ask for extension cords, which they let us borrow for a $100 deposit (which we got back when we brought back the cords). As I said this campground is set up for the seasonal campers so the hookups are positioned for their convenience and not the convenience of the transient camper. In addition, the seasonal campers have built large courtyards and boardwalks that run in between sites and back up against the transient sites. We had seasonal campers walking back through our site for 4 days straight which was unnerving at first but since actually became friends with some of the seasonals so it was OK. Many people would not appreciate this since it's not only disturbing and rude, but invades your privacy. I for the life of me couldn't figure out why these people couldn't walk in front of their sites on the road instead of back in between the sites. On the plus side..... I found the seasonal campers to be extremely nice and friendly and as I said this was the only reason why it didn't bother me.

Also the wireless is not free here... you have to pay extra for it. The website for the campground is a bit misleading about that. There is free wireless, but you have to sit outside by the office to get it for free; otherwise there is a weekly charge. The cable was free though with a full hookup and there was curb side garbage pickup twice a day, which was very convenient.

I would stay at this campground again because the location is just so good. I think I'd pick another site though - one that was backed up against some trees instead of seasonal campsites. If you are looking for a place to stay cheap (well cheaper than a hotel or cottage on the cape, but this place is pricier than most campgrounds) this place will work for you. If you want a real camping experience try Nickerson State Park or Shady Knolls in Brewster, Adventure Bound is much more of an RV resort with mostly seasonal sites.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
#9 of 11 in North Truro
Top Mast Resort
Top Mast Resort
#1 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Adventure Bound Camping Resort - Cape Cod? Share your experiences!