“Home sweet home, we love staying at these cottages every year.”
Review of Days' Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Truro
Days' Cottages
“Home sweet home, we love staying at these cottages every year.”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We really enjoy our trips to Cape Cod. After staying at various towns, in different lodgings (hotels, resorts, time shares) --- these cottages are the best! Simple, but comfortable and clean. Amazing views. Close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank kosy02

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2008

We stay twice a year in the of f season at the cottages, they are clean and bright with a view of the ocean from every window in the front room.
They are small but four good sized adults have no problem living in them
All you bring is your own food.which you can purchase across the road at the store.or in Orleans.
The owners are great people who go out of their way to see that you are comfortable.
We always travel with other couple's and they fall in love with the place to.
We will continue to go as long as they are available and we are able.

Stayed October 2007
5 Thank Canadianpasofino
upstate New York
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I have stayed at Days several times over the past ten years, usually before the summer crowds arrive. "Bare bones" has been one of the biggest attractions for me, just sun (most of the time), sand, and the sound of the water lapping on the shore. I'm a little sad to learn that they are going Condo, and I only hope that I will be able to find someone willing to rent me their cottage from time to time.

One could never beat the value, the convenience, the ambience, and the great hospitality that the Days family provided to thousands of tourists over the years.

One big thank-you from me!

• Liked — Its quaintness, and it's on the water!
  • Disliked — the tiny bathroom
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank tiki44
Bronx,NY
Reviewed 8 October 2005

It's true that these simple cottages might not be for everyone but everyone I've met that have stayed there for years are super friendly and very down to earth. The charm here other than location is a feeling of community and it starts with the Days family and spreads throughout the 23 cottages. If you're looking for pampering or if you want privacy keep on driving or head back to whatever city you're from. This is as close to nature as you can get without camping and it's an abslolute pleasure to be here and just unwind for a week. Believe me, you "will not" regret it!!

• Stayed September 2003
6 Thank Bronx_NYJim_L
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2005

I have been vacationing one week every summer since I was 4 years old. This will be our 37th year going and I love it. The cottages are bare bones like others have described but that is what makes a beach cottage a beach cottage. If you want air condition you open the beach side windows and let the fresh sea breeze rush in. If you want to lower the air condition you close your window a little. The people who don't like this set up are usually the snobs who have to have every luxury including jacuzzi and mini bar. I love it for its simplicity. No phones, no TVs just the radio I bring and a pile of books. Rat race free living at its best!!!!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed 29 August 2003

My family LOVES it! We've had a standing rental for quite some time.
But, admittedly, it's not for everybody. The cottages are immaculately clean but bare-bones ... linoleum, painted walls, bare light bulbs and wooden furniture. And everything is scaled-down ... small stove in kitchen, your elbows hit the walls when you wash your hair in the shower .... stuff like that. Some people hate it ... consider it roughing it. But the location is great and the lack of TV is wonderful.
(Although this year they did add cable hook-ups, but you need to BYO-tv!) We do bring a few creature comforts: a small CD player and a coffee-maker cuz I never did master the art of coffee in a stove-top perculator. We bring some craft projects and cards and board games and we all manage to stay entertained. LOCATION is what makes the place and we spend lots of time outside. With proper permits, you can even have a beach fire at night. There are very few places (even motel rooms) where you can stay ON THE BEACH for the prices these folks charge. I've stayed at motels in the same area, but they just aren't the same.

26 Thank forgotmypword
#10 of 11 in North Truro
Outer Reach Resort
Outer Reach Resort
#5 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Days' Cottages? Share your experiences!