“BACK AGAIN IN 2014”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
boston
“BACK AGAIN IN 2014”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but where are you going to find a view of Provincetown like
this? And yes, they are dog friendly, so much so that they have a clean dog park fenced in
where you can let your pal run around. Bonnie, the receptionist and her pets are back for another year - always smiling, and always pleasant.The addition of the pool is wonderful - and oh, yes,continental breakfast is waiting for you. Yes, the rooms do have microwave and coffee makers too...but who can resist a free breakfast :) ......Can't wait to get back. Ask Bonnie to tell you where the sea lions are .....drive and park your car and then walk into the dunes to the ocean. Doesn't take long to do this and well worth the trip. The National Seashore is a short drive...and Provincetown offers a dog park too (very friendly people there too) that has won
recognitions for how well and large it is! Start packing, call Bonnie direct, and make a reservation! The rooms maybe dated, but it's reasonable price for the area! Enjoy!

Room Tip: pay the extra for waterview with deck
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Wethersfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My spouse, myself and our dog stayed at the Outer Reach over the July 4, 2014 holiday for a few days. We left with a good impression of the place. As others have stated, the rooms are a little dated but nothing anyone looking for a good deal can't deal with. The location was fabulous as it was so close to Provincetown. We had a dog friendly room in which we could see the ocean. These rooms do not have phones but they are clean and the mattress on the bed was extremely comfortable. The wood steps leading up to the room have no risers so older dogs such as ours had to be carried up approx 8-10 steps so if your dog has hip issues or is afraid of slippery steps, be prepared to carry the pooch. The place offered a free continential breakfast which was a nice touch. It was not gourmet food; but the muffins, bagels, little boxes of cereal, fruit and beverages were enough to keep everyone sated. The toasters required some getting used to, but the staff helped us. Our room service attendant, Fayone, was super sweet and warm. She asked what she could do to ensure that we had a great stay and she was very helpful to me and the other guests in the breakfast area. In fact all the attendants seemed to be friendly to the guests and we personally saw them giving attention to the dogs in our building. Very nice indeed!! The managers that we dealt with were helpful and told us about free parking at their sister hotel in Provincetown and gave us directions and suggestions to good sites. We would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stay at the Outer Reach all the time because I bring my dog to Provincetown and the price is better than some other hotels. The location is good…not walkable to town but I do like the breeze and quieter atmosphere up on the hill just out of Provincetown and on the Truro border. Wifi can be very spotty. The bathrooms could be renovated but the rooms are clean and all have porches and this year a salt water pool was added. Plenty of parking. You can park at the sister hotel Provincetown Inn for free when you go into town which is nice. If you want to bring your dog this is the place. There is a dog park on the site and many spots with bags for picking up after fido. You can bring your dog anywhere on the property.

Room Tip: In my opinion it is worth the extra money to get a ocean view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eloise5thave
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had booked a trip hoping it would be an amazing weekend on Friday night to stay on Saturday and received an unfortunate call during my drive there that a cousin was at the intensive unit. I immediately called Travelocity from the road and Bonnie to cancel my reservations. Bonnie from Outer Reach Resort was extremely cold. Not an once of empathy, or I'm sorry for the unfortunate issue at hand. She lumped me in the same bucket she calls "people use that excuse all the time", was very upsetting and requested I show a proof "letter" and she replies with, then I'll think about it.

However, when you confront low people like that, you're best walking away and I had decided to deal specifically with my bank on this issue, rather than deal with ignorant people. Good luck Bonnie with your carrier and hopefully it doesn't occur to you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ismael R
Binghamton
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Outer Reach in Truro..is only 5-6 miles from all Provincetown attractions..
Brand new pool, pet friendly, trails to walk, tennis & basketball area. My room spacious with fridge & microwave....very clean..My room had a deck...& great scenic views of Truro, the ocean, the moors, salt ponds..Breakfast was better than most others..
Bonnie & RuthieLynn went above & beyond to help me with directions......cleaning my room....
Definitely would re return to stay...

Room Tip: Eight buildings ..some with ocean views ...they vary in space & design, I heard more upgrades ar...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I just stayed at the Outer Reach Resort with our 2 dogs. We arrived late in the evening Friday and were greeted by friendly staff and had a quick check-in. We found our room in nice condition and very spacious (a lot larger than we had expected and have seen at other more expensive hotels). The reviews are correct that it is dated, but very cozy. Our dogs loved the small deck and the dog park on site. It was a quick 15 minute drive to the Provencetown Bark Park which was our ultimate destination (and downtown P-town). They also allow free parking at their sister hotel down the street from downtown P-town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank B C
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have stayed at the Outer Reach several times and it is always great, the staff now is like family. We look forward to seeing Bonnie Hodgdon and Ruth Lyn, in fact we are going back in September. The most important part of our family Cami Rose, our puppy loves it also....this is a real family place that includes your pet......Sally Colon

Room Tip: It is centrally located for our needs.....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Top Mast Resort
Top Mast Resort
#1 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Outer Reach Resort? Share your experiences!