“Great View”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Hamden, Connecticut
“Great View”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Although the hotel is old, the rooms are spacious and immaculate. The mini-fridge and microwave are also nice to have. We had a room with a deck overlooking the dunes and water. There is also a nice pool on the property. All in all a lovely place to stay. The continental breakfast was also nice to have.

Room Tip: Rooms with a deck and water view worth the extra $$
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Just returned from staying at the Outer Reach Resort. Kennith took great care of us, giving us room 27. It has a large gated porch, great for a family with an active dog. The housekeeping staff is outstanding, Fayoni and Ruthlyn made you feel like family! The views are amazing. Location is central to the NPS beaches. Our family plans on returning in the future.

3 Thank RSVacati0n
Glens Falls NY
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although a pet friendly resort it is not very kid friendly.
I must say it was a clean pet friendly resort.
The kid friendly part was Not good. If you are visiting with family there's nothing much there for children.
Great fenced in dog park. Beautiful views .
Some fair trails.
WiFi never worked. At all. Never.
Pool was closed when it rained. Not a storm, just rain. Kids will swim on a warm day in the rain.
There is a Nice continental breakfast but nothing else except ice.
Over all a nice place with my dog . Not a great place for kids.

• Stayed July 2014
CT
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a wedding in Truro/Provincetown area but could only stay ONE night on a weekend in July. I was told by several places that rule was firm, but Outer Reach (suggested by FaceBook plea of friends) came highly recommended. It is not fancy, but has been recently renovated with very clean, quaint, beachy decor. (if you want a fancy resort, go else where - we are not trendy folks) The sheets and towels were clean and plentiful, shower worked great, it had a microwave and refrigerator, TV, wi-fi (a bit sketchy). There is a small pool, a simple complimentary continental Breakfast (cereal, bagels w/ toaster, coffee, juice, danish). It is very easy to find, right off Rt. 6. You can even bring your dog, which we did not, because of the wedding, but good to know for future. It even has a dog walk area with some agility pieces.

In the AM we only had a small amount of time and wanted to go to a beach. The very nice front desk person suggested going very close to High Head beach (you have to trek in 10 minute walk, but free to park) and we had a real treat. Just south of the end of the path (sand dunes - lovely) were two huge groups of grey seals. The Park rangers even came out because of the unusually large numbers (estimated over 500). Of course this means to stay out of the waters, for your safety and the seals (and because sharks like to eat seals and would not be discriminatory). The price was high, because of the season, but reasonable since we only stayed one night. thank you for a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 15 - it had two double beds, so good for a family of four.
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the fifth time that I have stayed here, and I think that says something about the place. They have a new pool, with a beautiful view of the harbor and Provincetown. Bonnie, the manager, is always a delight. Fayoni was my housekeeper and they don't come any better! I stayed the first five nights in room 41 (I call it "my" room as I always stay there). This trip I decided to extend my stay by two nights, so I had to move to an ocean view room. FANTASTIC view from my private deck overlooking the harbor and Provincetown. The rooms have a microwave, small refrigerator with an excellent freezer, and A/C. Needless to say, I have made my reservations for 2015!

Room Tip: The Wifi wasn't working too well while I was there, but I'm sure that will be fixed momentar...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MaineGuyBangorArea
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Hi just writing to let everyone at the outter reach know they have a special place. Everyday was nice and enjoyable especially going out and coming back to a clean room. Fayoni was our housekeeper and she did a really great job. She is definitely a hard worker and u can see she enjoys her job. We stayed in room 30 left on 7.20.14. Thank u all again and hope to see you soon. The view from our room was unexpected but breath taking! Dave and dennis

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cornwall, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Outer Reach was always a good place to stay -slightly shabby but always clean - just what I want for a beach vacation - but there are definite improvements over the past years since I last stayed...new dog park and pool, Continental breakfast with fresh fruit and juices, refurbished bathrooms in some rooms and lovely new plantings in keeping with the area, but the greatest improvement is in the staff...Fayoni was our housekeeper in two different rooms and she was both pleasant wherever and whenever we saw her - friendly yet not too familiar waves to guests throughout the day as she went about her work - and also helpful if we needed extra towels or just a quick spruce up or a complete cleaning of the room...Michele, who also works at the sister resort, The Provincetown Inn, was very helpful when I needed to book a room with certain special needs during crowded and crazy Carnival Week and the day manager who was gracious and courteous each day and so kind when I called and cried as I tried to book a last minute room to visit an ill relative...

Room Tip: Rooms with a deck have cross ventilation to bring in the ocean air...any view, water or park, will b...
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Truro
#2 of 11 in North Truro
Cape View Motel
Cape View Motel
#5 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Outer Reach Resort? Share your experiences!