“Aaaah the breeze was delightful”

Highland House Museum
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My GF who has vacationed on Cape Cod several times was showing me the sights and the Highland house with the lighthouse was a must see.

The museum certainly tells a lot about the hotel and the area the things were in the past. I enjoyed this sort of thing about early New England. The upstairs rooms of the Highland House show how people lived and dressed and it just seems so strange that things were so old. LOL.

The walk to the lighthouse was pleasant despite the fact that the area is surrounded by a private golf course, but the breezes from the ocean on such a hot day were the welcome relief.

I found the Museum interesting but I don't think that I would rave about it to anyone telling them to visit unless of course you enjoy that sort of thing.

All reviews
"spooky"
"life"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 20 October 2013

A must to see, the lighthouse and take a walk up to the edge of the cliff and look out beautiful.
The museum is filled with very interesting stories of the past and go upstairs and see the rooms how they were over 100/yrs ago.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was so fun to see this museum which chronicles the history of the beautiful Truro area. We were there for a Hopper exhibit and it was done in a very creative way. Upstairs the rooms are intact and display life from more than a century ago. I look forward to going back when it opens. It is a small museum but very thoughtfully curated.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

On a cliff, overlooking the ocean. Pretty spot, entertaining small gift shop (nice souvenir merchandise, well-priced), easy climb - $4 fee - on the beautiful metal stairs for a top view of the surrounding area.

1  Thank nerlovestravel
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2013

There were some interesting items in this museum to look at, though I wish I could have been allowed to take photographs to remember it. Or if I had found a book I could purchase that told about the museum and their items on exhibit. The dollhouse is really cool, it would be fun if it was available on a postcard as a souvenir so I could have shown it to my friends at home.