“My Favorite In Provincetown and Truro Area`”

Montano's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1988, Montano's Restaurant has been treating residents and visitors of North Truro alike to authentic Italian cuisine that's made from scratch the old fashioned way. With pasta that's crafted in-house and cooked to order, homemade sauces, and pizza dough that's made fresh daily, it's easy to see why we've become a local favorite. You'll be welcomed in with warm and inviting service as you relax and look over our menu. Our dishes feature local seafood that's freshly caught as well as dry aged USDA Prime Meats for steak that's intensified in flavor and cooked to perfection. Whether you're tasting our New Haven style pizza or our eggplant parmesan, you'll feel like you're dining in Italy without leaving Cape Cod.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I vacation in the Provincetown and Truro area several times a year. If your staying in Ptown or up the cape - THIS PLACE IS WORTH THE DRIVE - 5 MINUTE DRIVE FROM PROVINCETOWN. The food is awesome and so is the staff. This has become our favorite place on the cape. Drinks, food, and service all excellent, and the bill is always very low. We do the 'early bird' often and if not its still half the price of eating in Provincetown.

The owner is an absolute gentleman - professional, and knows his business. Thank you for the many great meals.

I actually know the restaurant business quite well - I cooked at an Italian restaurant in New York for a decade, and waited tables for many years, so I'm not the easiest to please. Love - Love - LOVE this place

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great bread. Great rissoto balls and calamari app and then great dinner riccota gnocchi with sausage ragu and chicken parm with the vodka sauce. Always a delight to eat there.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

One of the best restaurants on the cape and always consistent no matter what you order. Last time I was there I had the special which was stripped bass picatta, and the homemade pasta is a must have.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived for dinner on Sunday night at 6pm. We had pizza, lobster pasta special and a scallop special. The homemade pasta dishes were delicious. Overall the food was fabulous. The problem was the time to get our food. It took over an hour from the time we ordered until dinner came. This was in addition to waiting 45 minutes to be seated when they told us it would be 20-30 minutes. Also the dining room was only about 1/3 full. It was our first time here so I would try again. But I suspect there is a problem with management at this restaurant.

1  Thank ReelPleasure
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a recent beautiful Memorial service in P-Town, our group traveled to Montano's for a meal celebrating our departed friend, Aunt, coworker, and beloved twin. Although I had lived most of my life in Massachusetts and Cape Cod, I had never experienced this restaurant. What a loss. It was marvelous! Our party consisted of approximately 30 people. The staff was aware to expect a large group and was very efficient, informative and courteous. The bar was busy but if you "stumped" the bartender it was not a problem as long as you knew the ingredients, he could make it. I can't tell how many times I have been disappointed by people's attempts to make a Tom Collins only to butcher my drink, not here. Our orders were taken swiftly and tables laden with fresh hot baked bread, freshly grated parmesan cheese and dipping oil, and flasks of iced water. I chose the Shrimp and homemade linguine with mushrooms, garlic. It was like going back to the North End in Boston! It was delicious..one of the best Italian dishes I have had in a long time. Another at our table RAVED about the pan-seared Scallops in home made linguine. I don't recall anyone in our group being unhappy. That is amazing considering the size of our group. Then the desserts...! OMG... this was serious business. I had the chocolate mousse which was the richest, creamiest, most decadent I have ever eaten. I wish I'd had room for another! Several others in our group had the cannoli, one requested hot fudge sauce on it. She was in Heaven, it was so rich and pleasing. Others chose the hot fudge sundaes which arrived in a huge beer mug...3 scoops of ice cream and so much hot fudge I almost swiped some for myself to try. The servers were attentive and stealth in keeping our tables cleared of dishes and refills of bread, cheese, oil or drinks was rapid. I was truly impressed by this choice of restaurant. It is so hard to plan to make everyone happy but it appears that Montano's checked off everyone's boxes and we all departed contented and stuffed. It was almost like visiting your buddies' Noni's for a meal only better. I am so glad that I experienced this restaurant.

1  Thank leprechaunshag