“Great food...love the homemade pasta!”

Montano's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 29 years later, Chef/Owner Bob Montano remains committed to creating authentic Italian cuisine in North Truro – from scratch, of course. Montano’s is Cape Cod’s original restaurant for fresh, daily-made bronze-die pasta. All of our pasta is made fresh in the kitchen, and is featured in house favorites such as Fettucine Bolognese, Short-Rib Ragu, and Ricotta Gnocchi. In addition to the pastas, all of Chef Montano’s sauces and pizza doughs are made fresh every day. Montano’s is more than just traditional Italian fare – our steaks are dry-aged prime, our seafood is locally-caught, and our desserts made in the kitchen. We are located just a few minutes away from Provincetown’s Commercial Street and open our doors at 4:30 every night. Buon Appetito!
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Great food...love the homemade pasta!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As someone who is of Italian heritage, sauces and pasta are high on my priority list! I rarely get homemade pasta anymore because I don't have the patience to cook it and frankly there are some great store bought brands now. HOWEVER, nothing compares to "homemades" as my Mom used to call them. What a great meal from start to finish. The host was very honest and accurate about our wait time (they were slammed) and we had a wonderful wait staff. The food (you begin with homemade warm bread with olive oil and freshly grated "right at your table" cheese) was delicious from start to finish. We had the steamed Little Necks, the stuffed Portabello for appetizers and each had the homemade fettuccine - one with Boar Ragu, the other with Duck Ragu. I preferred the heartier Boar Ragu over the Duck. We took the cannoli home with us. That was the only disappointment - would have preferred a stronger filling with more marscapone cheese as this tasted a bit like whipped cream and too light for my taste but it doesn't change my ranking because the pastry was delicious and I didn't get to taste any of the other desserts. As we are now living just around the corner, I can't wait to go back and also looking forward to ordering pizza and ribs from here!

• Visited August 2014

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Let's be honest - food for family but not a foodie destination”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the perfect spot in Truro area for family with diverse tastes. We went here 3 times with my parents & sister & her 2 picky children. The menu serves that range of tastes and the result is fine. My nephews brought us back twice.

Pasta, salads, and main dishes are bland and undistinguished. Warm white baguettes are plentiful - often a tell. None of this is bad, its just not interesting or particularly good.

If you are on the hunt for quality cooking, keep looking. Ptown & Truro has real options for foodies. Edwige & Blackfish would be on the list and a few others.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank LRJ1959
nyc
“My Favorite In Provincetown and Truro Area`”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I vacation in the Provincetown and Truro area several times a year. If your staying in Ptown or up the cape - THIS PLACE IS WORTH THE DRIVE - 5 MINUTE DRIVE FROM PROVINCETOWN. The food is awesome and so is the staff. This has become our favorite place on the cape. Drinks, food, and service all excellent, and the bill is always very low. We do the 'early bird' often and if not its still half the price of eating in Provincetown.

The owner is an absolute gentleman - professional, and knows his business. Thank you for the many great meals.

I actually know the restaurant business quite well - I cooked at an Italian restaurant in New York for a decade, and waited tables for many years, so I'm not the easiest to please. Love - Love - LOVE this place

• Visited July 2014
“Again scrumptious”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great bread. Great rissoto balls and calamari app and then great dinner riccota gnocchi with sausage ragu and chicken parm with the vodka sauce. Always a delight to eat there.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Always consistant”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

One of the best restaurants on the cape and always consistent no matter what you order. Last time I was there I had the special which was stripped bass picatta, and the homemade pasta is a must have.

Visited July 2014