“Fantastic Chicken Dishes” 5 of 5 bubbles

Montano's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 29 years later, Chef/Owner Bob Montano is still dedicated to creating an authentic slice of Italy in North Truro. Chef Montano, a graduate of Johnson and Wales University, prides himself on house-made cuisine. All pasta is made in-house and is cooked to order. The tomato sauce that tops the pasta, also house-made. Montano's features traditional Italian favorites, such as Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo and Fried Calamari. In addition to these, the menu offers regional Italian favorites, such as Bucatini All'Amatriciana, a favorite from Amatrice, and Wild Boar Ragu, a favorite from Tuscany.The menu is rounded out by fresh caught local seafood and Certified Angus Beef steaks. Conveniently located just a few miles from Provincetown's Commercial Street, stop in on your way into or out of town.Montano's, a year-round restaurant, opens nightly at 4:30. Come sit in the dining room or relax and have your dinner in the bar room. See you there!
New York
“Fantastic Chicken Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Montano's has some of the best chicken dishes I have ever eaten. I love the Chicken Palermo. It is truly authentic and all of the ingredients blend together to form a superb dish. The chicken is of the highest quality. I have tried to order other dishes when I go there, but I can't help ordering the Palermo. It is something I cannot get anywhere else, even in my hometown of NYC. The service has always been friendly and accommodating, and the prices are very reasonable. My partner and I have been going back for years, and will continue to do so. This year, we went three times.

East Amherst, New York
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is the 2nd year we have celebrated with our family members who completed the PMC. The food is delicious. The homemade pasta is wonderful! There is a variety of menu choices to please the Italian, seafood or meat eater. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to try the desserts as we were so full from our meals!

Enfield,NH
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Can accommodate a large crowd. Wait time to be served was short even on a weekend. Homemade pasta, yummy drinks, and wonderful sauces and meatballs. Would eat here again. Great service

Visited July 2014
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Great food...love the homemade pasta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

As someone who is of Italian heritage, sauces and pasta are high on my priority list! I rarely get homemade pasta anymore because I don't have the patience to cook it and frankly there are some great store bought brands now. HOWEVER, nothing compares to "homemades" as my Mom used to call them. What a great meal from start to finish. The host was very honest and accurate about our wait time (they were slammed) and we had a wonderful wait staff. The food (you begin with homemade warm bread with olive oil and freshly grated "right at your table" cheese) was delicious from start to finish. We had the steamed Little Necks, the stuffed Portabello for appetizers and each had the homemade fettuccine - one with Boar Ragu, the other with Duck Ragu. I preferred the heartier Boar Ragu over the Duck. We took the cannoli home with us. That was the only disappointment - would have preferred a stronger filling with more marscapone cheese as this tasted a bit like whipped cream and too light for my taste but it doesn't change my ranking because the pastry was delicious and I didn't get to taste any of the other desserts. As we are now living just around the corner, I can't wait to go back and also looking forward to ordering pizza and ribs from here!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Let's be honest - food for family but not a foodie destination”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the perfect spot in Truro area for family with diverse tastes. We went here 3 times with my parents & sister & her 2 picky children. The menu serves that range of tastes and the result is fine. My nephews brought us back twice.

Pasta, salads, and main dishes are bland and undistinguished. Warm white baguettes are plentiful - often a tell. None of this is bad, its just not interesting or particularly good.

If you are on the hunt for quality cooking, keep looking. Ptown & Truro has real options for foodies. Edwige & Blackfish would be on the list and a few others.

• Visited July 2014