I decided that I wanted to escape to Cape Cod at the end of a busy school year. I called around and was lucky to find that the Crow's Nest had an available studio for a 4 night stay. Our stay turned out to be quite comfortable with a wonderful view of the water and a beach at the bottom of the stairs. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. There were a couple of issues which did not spoil our stay, but were there just the same.
1. Since we were not staying for a full week we were charged a $75.00 cleaning fee on top of our room charge. This seemed like a lot since the service daily is a matter of emptying trash and changing dish towels.
2. When we arrived on our appointed day we found that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom apartment, which sounded great. However, the bedroom turned out to be on the parking lot at the back of the apartment. With the windows open for ventilation there was traffic noise from Rt. 6 and 6A throughout the night. Both of these main roadways are directly behind the resort.
From what I could tell, this is not true of every apartment. When I asked if I could have the studio that I had reserved, with the bed in the front of the apartment with a water view, I was told that they were all sold out. I am a very light sleeper, so I bought some earplugs and used a sleep aid. Although I appreciated the upgrade to a larger room, I feel that when changes are made to a reservation and a large deposit has been required guests should be consulted. In these circumstances I might chosen to keep my studio accommodation.
I did thoroughly enjoy my escape to Truro and agree with other reviewers that the location is beautiful. In the end everything worked out and I would consider returning to The Crow's Nest for another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crow's Nest Resort! Our stunning 300' direct ocean front location provides every suite unobstructed ocean views. True luxury accommodations with daily housekeeping offer ceramic tile, hardwood flooring, air conditioning, fireplaces, Jacuzzi, high speed Internet, DVD, cable TV, HBO. Large fully stocked kitchens include: dishwasher, microwave, range, washer/dryer, etc. We offer studio, one, two, and three-bedroom suites that accommodate two to eight guests. See why we are AAA's highest rated property in all of Truro. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Crow`s Nest Hotel North Truro
- Crows Nest Hotel
- Crows Nest Motel
- Crow's Nest Resort North Truro, MA, North America