Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel
Outer Reach Resort(North Truro)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Motor Inn(North Truro)
US$98
East Harbour Motel and Cottages(North Truro)(Great Value!)
US$109
Cape View Motel(North Truro)(Great Value!)
US$100
Top Mast Resort(North Truro)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$142
US$218
Kalmar Village(North Truro)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We booked very last minute and as beggars can't be choosers, we booked 2 nights at the White Sands.
I have stayed in some basic lodgings in Asia and other parts of the world but never in a place that was filthy. I can live with a broken Tv or small rooms or basic furniture. However dirty accommodations are unacceptable. The bed side tables and other table were covered in something and when I wept them with tissue, the tissue was dark brown.
The shower was moldy and there was no shower head which meant you were blasted away. The carpet had not been vacuumed.

We had paid for 2 nights and left after 1. The guy at reception did not show any interest when my husband told him he needed to employ some cleaners. No refund was offered of course but not even an enquiry or an apology.

The sad reality is that the motel needs to make little effort as demand exceeds supply on the Cape in high season and idiots like me will still book as everything else is booked up. But I have learnt my lesson, I rather not go than stay in such places.

Only good thing is location right on beach.

Room Tip: I am not sure if the bigger sea view rooms are better but they seemed nicer
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chocolate74
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

I am sorry you were dissapointed with the room, but I had told you when you called that it was
a basic room and obviously you are used to more upscale accommodations. We have those
too, but you called the last minute and there was nothing else available. The rooms you rented
on 8/10/12 have been rented on a continuous basis every night and we have not had any negative
comments about the older rooms on the property. The rooms are older but have been refurbished
over the last winter and they meet the needs of people who are on a budget. The person who
dropped off the keys at the front desk did not say anything about a refund . I wish you well
on your travels in the United States and a good return to Great Britain.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was my first time staying here and will definitely return and stay here. The kids loved having the choice of being in the pool or walking down to the beach. The owners are nice and the staff was wonderful. Definitely will be back in September.

3  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Our family enjoys staying here, we come atleast 3 times a year. Owners very friendly and staff are great, they make sure that your comfortable with your stay, rooms are clean, beach is right outside your door , it's great that there's an outdoor and indoor pool for the kids. The rooms are very reasonable. The shuttle pick up is right in front of hotel to get into town (very convenient ). I will definitely continue to stay here.

1  Thank Lisa F
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you for the nice review. It is always nice to see you and your family at our motel. The
staff works very hard to keep the motel clean and comfortable for our guests and I
appreciate the fact that you feel the way you feel about the motel. Looking forward to
seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

reserved an efficiency for 5 people. Got a room with just two beds and they did not have a cot or pull out sofa. They offered a sponge for me to sleep on the floor. Rooms are dark and smelled of mold and mildew. Swimming pool is so dirty, both my daughter and I got a pink eye from swimming there. Avoid it if you can. Don't waste your time or your health by staying here.

Room Tip: Do not stay, but if you can ask about refurbished room.
5  Thank Alex C

Dear Alex,
I am sorry you were disapointed with your accommodations. We are set up to accommodate
4 people in the rooms and you had 5. The staff tried very hard to make things as comfortable
for you as they could. We have already put a pull-out couch in the room in order to take care
of any extra people in the room next time. I looked at the pool and it had a little bit of sand
on the buttom of it ,but was not dirty as you infer. The staff here works very hard to keep the
place clean and make our guests feel comfortable.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We booked this hotel from a website, so had no idea how it would really be. The property is in need of much work. There are weeds growing in the parking lot, and the appearance of the property on arrival was poor. We were not sure we should stay, but it was only for one night. The room did not smell good, and was shabby. The bathroom was in desrepair, the ceiling over the shower was peeling off, the toilet clogged, and the pipes groaned when the water ran. We were told that our room was beachfront, but it was more like beachside, it was quite a walk to the water. The room did not offer WiFi, and did not even have a clock. We feel that the website did not do the place justice.

2  Thank Michele E
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

I checked the room and it did not smell or was shabby in any way . This person came for one
night with 2 children and a dog and expected to stay at the Hilton. We are a family operated
motel and try our best to accommodate our guests as we did with Michel. Our pet friendly
rooms have a 2 night minimum stay and we bent the rules to allow them to stay for one night.
They did not register any problems while they were here and if the toilet clogged it was because
they used too much toilet paper. The pipes did not make any noise when I flushed the toilet.
There was a little paint peeling over the shower head due to the use of hot water , but we already
painted the bathroom since then. I hope that people reading this review will take into consideration
the length of this stay and give more credence to the reviews from the repeat customers and from
people who have come here for years and long stays.