“Great Vacation memories”

Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Reviewed 8 February 2013

White Sands is a famliy run beach motel with charm. We love the heated covered pool if it rains and the second pool is large with plenty of cozy lounge chairs when the sun is out. They feature a relaxed atmosphere. We have stayed at Whte Sands every summer for 5 years. The rooms have always been clean when we stay so I can't speak to other reviews. The owners always worked with us to fix any issues we had with the room. We will be returning this summer to one of our favorite vacation spots. Peace, Love and Blessings to All.

Room Tip: Book a room with a stove and fridge if staying for longer than a couple of days.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2012

great hotel with that cape cod feel. nice and relaxing atmosphere with plenty of parking. i recommend the rooms with a view as it adds more to the trip. ours had a refridgerator and a microwave with coffee maker. real nice to keep cheese and hot pockets etc to chow down with my cold case of beer. the cable tv was a great luxury along with the small table and chairs in the room. The beach is right in front of the hotel and the sand ran up to my room. nice pool and close to p town. we used the convernient shuttle bus that passes the hotel all the time .

Room Tip: front rooms with a view are great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Thanks for the nice words about our place. Hopefully we 'see you again in the near future

Reviewed 26 August 2012

A $50 room that cost me $175. After checking in, and seeing the deplorable condition of this hotel, the grimy and cheap quality of the room, the soap in the bathroom that was no larger than a photo card from a camera, the duct tape on the air conditioner, the strong odor of insecticide in the room, and then looking out the "ocean front" balcony, which gave us a view right into the rooms nextdoor, and the hotel rooms nextdoor, the fumes from the charcoal lighter fluid at the BBQ downstairs, and the barking dog locked up 2 doors down, and the discussion that the folks 2 doors away were having with the manager about the fact that they had no power in their room.... we called every hotel in town until we found another room.

When we went back to the front desk to refuse the room and get a refund, we were told that "we just wanted to change hotels to be with our friends" and that they would not refund any of our money. When our bank tried to speak to the manager about the disputed charges, they claimed that there was a "bad connection" and then hung up on the bank representative.

I would not recommend this to anyone, for any price

Room Tip: all of the balconies of the rooms are not private and the window look out onto the windows of other...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank rhodeygem
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We booked very last minute and as beggars can't be choosers, we booked 2 nights at the White Sands.
I have stayed in some basic lodgings in Asia and other parts of the world but never in a place that was filthy. I can live with a broken Tv or small rooms or basic furniture. However dirty accommodations are unacceptable. The bed side tables and other table were covered in something and when I wept them with tissue, the tissue was dark brown.
The shower was moldy and there was no shower head which meant you were blasted away. The carpet had not been vacuumed.

We had paid for 2 nights and left after 1. The guy at reception did not show any interest when my husband told him he needed to employ some cleaners. No refund was offered of course but not even an enquiry or an apology.

The sad reality is that the motel needs to make little effort as demand exceeds supply on the Cape in high season and idiots like me will still book as everything else is booked up. But I have learnt my lesson, I rather not go than stay in such places.

Only good thing is location right on beach.

Room Tip: I am not sure if the bigger sea view rooms are better but they seemed nicer
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chocolate74
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

I am sorry you were dissapointed with the room, but I had told you when you called that it was
a basic room and obviously you are used to more upscale accommodations. We have those
too, but you called the last minute and there was nothing else available. The rooms you rented
on 8/10/12 have been rented on a continuous basis every night and we have not had any negative
comments about the older rooms on the property. The rooms are older but have been refurbished
over the last winter and they meet the needs of people who are on a budget. The person who
dropped off the keys at the front desk did not say anything about a refund . I wish you well
on your travels in the United States and a good return to Great Britain.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was my first time staying here and will definitely return and stay here. The kids loved having the choice of being in the pool or walking down to the beach. The owners are nice and the staff was wonderful. Definitely will be back in September.

3  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Our family enjoys staying here, we come atleast 3 times a year. Owners very friendly and staff are great, they make sure that your comfortable with your stay, rooms are clean, beach is right outside your door , it's great that there's an outdoor and indoor pool for the kids. The rooms are very reasonable. The shuttle pick up is right in front of hotel to get into town (very convenient ). I will definitely continue to stay here.

1  Thank Lisa F
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you for the nice review. It is always nice to see you and your family at our motel. The
staff works very hard to keep the motel clean and comfortable for our guests and I
appreciate the fact that you feel the way you feel about the motel. Looking forward to
seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

reserved an efficiency for 5 people. Got a room with just two beds and they did not have a cot or pull out sofa. They offered a sponge for me to sleep on the floor. Rooms are dark and smelled of mold and mildew. Swimming pool is so dirty, both my daughter and I got a pink eye from swimming there. Avoid it if you can. Don't waste your time or your health by staying here.

Room Tip: Do not stay, but if you can ask about refurbished room.
5  Thank Alex C

Dear Alex,
I am sorry you were disapointed with your accommodations. We are set up to accommodate
4 people in the rooms and you had 5. The staff tried very hard to make things as comfortable
for you as they could. We have already put a pull-out couch in the room in order to take care
of any extra people in the room next time. I looked at the pool and it had a little bit of sand
on the buttom of it ,but was not dirty as you infer. The staff here works very hard to keep the
place clean and make our guests feel comfortable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Truro
#1 of 11 in North Truro
Kalmar Village
Kalmar Village
#9 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel? Share your experiences!