My family and I stayed at Top Mast for 4 days for a long 4th of July weekend. Our room - a one room efficiency - was clean and well equipped. The location of the resort is excellent - right on the beach, and less than a 10 minute drive from Provincetown. The beach is rocky, but otherwise very nice. There is a great indoor pool, kiddie pool, and hot tub on the premises. The restaurant on the premises serves a very good and reasonably priced breakfast, thought I must say we were put off by the fact that the waitress told us that our friends could not give their own blueberries to their babies and had to purchase food for them (even though we had 6 adults ordering food).
I would say that for us (3 adults and 1 toddler), the one room efficiency was too small. It would be a perfect amount of space for 2 people, but no more. Once we opened the fold out couch, there was almost no room to walk. The balcony was very nice to have - we spent a lot of our evening time there while my daughter slept. The one major drawback to this resort, which is the reason I would not return there, is the lack of air conditioning. I am sure that for most of the year these rooms get a nice breeze from the water, however during our stay the weather was extremely hot (90's during the daytime) and there was not much of a breeze. We had trouble sleeping, and I was genuinely worried that my 1.5 year old daughter may overheat. She is usually a good sleeper, but cried for almost 3 hours because of the heat. The one small fan that was provided did not help much.
Overall, this may be a very nice getaway location for some people, but it was just too small and too hot for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top Mast Resort is nestled on 750 feet of private, groomed beach overlooking Cape Cod Bay and located only minutes from nearby towns of Provincetown and Wellfleet. Accommodations include; garden view units, beachfront units with or without kitchens, 2 bedroom cottages, a 3 bedroom beach house, and a trio of 4 bedroom shore houses. Enjoy our indoor health complex complete with a large, heated pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, weight room, kiddie pool and slide, kid smoothies, frozen drinks, beer, wine, snacks, soda and an outdoor sun deck area with an evening fire pit. outdoor tennis/basketball court area and ping pong and corn hole on the lawn. Also located on site is our cafe which serves breakfast every day and dinner on Fridays, with seasonal outdoor patio dining by our large koi fish pond and water feature. Free WI-FI in every room and in various locations through out the property. Shuttle services to Provincetown. Family owned and operated for over 45 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Top Mast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Mast Hotel North Truro
- Top Mast North Truro
- Top Mast Resort North Truro, MA, North America