“Would stay again”

and 1 more site!
Top Mast Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I loved the location and the newly refurbished garden view section. But the best part of the hotel is the staff at the restaurant. We arrived late and we ordered take out, they were so friendly to my children. Gave them fish food to feed the fish and gave us some free salads as they only serve dinner one night a week. We ate breakfast there too. It was excellent and the staff was so friendly and accomidating. As was the staff in the pool area, he made sure that we had warm towels for our kids when coming out of the pool. There were two glitches in our stay days in a row our room was left unlocked. One of the days the door was left ajar. our belongings were not stolen but we were told sorry, no other compensation. We were told they had trouble with the locks in that area. Also, housekeeping turned our fridge temp way down so we had to throw out all of our snacks we brought our kids, again only a "sorry". The guys at the restaurant were the best, and that service is important to us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jaibhagwan73

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have stayed here two years in a row now, for part of cape vacation. I am a semi professional photographer, and last year, I was looking for a good base place to stay and leave from every morning, with a ocean view, and a good value. The Top Mast Resort meets all those requirements!
I have stayed both in the off season, and shoulder season. It seems like it would be a great resort for families, and a little cheaper too. The view, is worth it alone, with a view all the way out to Race Point in Provincetown, and Cape Cod Bay before you. Beach access is ok, if you are looking for a wide expansive beach, this may not be the best place, as at high tide, there isn't much beach, and low tide seems to bring in alot of kelp and seaweed. Neither are faults of the resort though. I prefer a upstairs balcony room, as it is amazing to look out over the ocean, especially with high tide coming in, and a moon in the sky above.
It is also a great location, The Truro area, being a nice, sleepy, quiet place,which I prefer when I get away. And right next to P-Town if you wanna live it up a little. If you prefer a bottom floor room, with direct beach access, they have that too, with the ability to cookout on a small propane grill, which is pretty cool.
The rooms, are basic, nothing flashy, just comfortable, no complaints really. It is awesome that they provide dishes and silverware, as I prefer to get food (sweet/savory up the street) and bring it back. You do have to wash your own dishes, which I don't mind doing myself. They provide the equipment to do so.
They also have a small cafe that serves breakfast right across the street, and a indoor pool.
Basically, in a nutshell, I am extremely glad I stayed here last year, and discovered it, and can't wait to stay a third time. Its a wonderful location, great value, and nice and comfy.
Thankyou Top Mast! :-)

Room Tip: I suggest staying in resort #1, its the original resort part built, and provides the best view of th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BlueYankee_Traveler
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

My family just had the sheer JOY of staying as guests for a 5 night stay. We are already hard @ work planning a return!
Top Mast is so much more than even their website illustrates. We selected 2 garden view rooms (for the air con); however, our rooms looked straight across to a view of the bay. I would absolutely recommend the garden view rooms...newly refurbished & oh, SO Comfy beds. The cafe is attachéd & serves a heavy selection menu daily for breakfast along with a Friday night fish fry option to eat in. The food was fantastic and priced on par with expectations. The resort offers water front rooms, cottages & a beach house with more building slated for next year! They have a beautiful, highly maintained indoor pool, sauna, workout room, outdoor fire pit deck and are scheduled To begin work on an outdoor pool. Did I mention there's a tennis court/basketball as well?
The bus stops regularly heading the few miles into Ptown if u prefer not to drive.
Mr. Silva & his family run this resort TOP NOTCH & with love, & guess what friends?...it SHOWS!
We simply cannot wait to return 'home' to Top Mast; there is no other option.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It was wonderful to be able to look out at the ocean from our room. Even better, we slept with the sliding door open and could hear the wonderful sounds of the waves all night. It was the best night's sleep I've had in a long time! Even though it was simple, it was a cozy, special anniversary get away for my wife and I. Thanks to TripAdvisor, I found this wonderful place! My only negative comment: the internet was dodgy at times, but I was so busy enjoying the sounds of the ocean and the special time with my wife that it did not matter!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have been going to the P-town/Truro area for many years and have been trying different places for the last few years. Will definitely go back to Top Mast. We stayed on the second floor of a efficiency beach unit. Clean, plenty big with small stove, mw, fridge, sink. The beds were really comfortable. I'm not they type of person to sit on the beach, my wife is, she had her beach and I had an indoor pool, spa, sauna, and steam rood with a bar that made really good drinks. Everything was reasonably priced. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stanley P
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed with my family for the last week of August....We are already planning .... next yr same time!,...all I can say is Amazing.....! This is the place to be ...the staff are great..the rooms well imacaulate!!!....Family friendly.....Mike and his wife at the pool were awesome....wonderful people.....I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! Jason...Roberta...Mike at the pool and his wife.....thank u alll!!! First time to Cape Cod and this is where I will always stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The Top Mast is a nice family resort with indoor pool and hot tub. They have an outside fire pit and rooms are on the beach. It has a bus stop right out front not Provincetown daily and into the night. We brought lasagna but did not have an oven. The owners let us use their oven to heat it. Family owned business with nice people. Good customer service. It does not have wi fi in the rooms but you can go into the office.

Room Tip: First floor has stove top, picnic tables and outside shelf to grill on.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
#10 of 11 in North Truro
Horizons Beach Resort
Horizons Beach Resort
#6 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Top Mast Resort? Share your experiences!