We visited the Top Mast resort for the July 4th week arriving on Saturday and leaving the following Saturday, we were able to get a weekly rate. I found the Top Mast after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and I am so happy I did! From the outside the place looks like a regular hotel but upon stepping inside the whole room had been updated. New counters, tiles, rugs and decor including a new sliding glass door that led on to a brand new deck. From the deck, you took a step down and then the next step you were on the sand. I have been vacationing in Cape Cod my whole life and I have never stayed so close to the water.
We drove in to the office and the person who checked us in noticed we had bikes on the car. He immediately told us where the bikes were stored, a code/punch key garage, without us even having to ask. Told us where the ice machine was. Honestly, that
was about the only contact I really had with the office.
A few more things:
-Thankfully the cleaning people came and vacuumed, fully cleaned and made beds everyday. Because the room is right on the beach there is no need to pack a lunch or go anywhere but going in and out of a room right off the beach gets pretty sandy. They did a nice job at cleaning the sand out daily.
-The showers are TINY but clean and new. I think if you had a baby you could bathe them in the kitchen sink...but the shower is just a shower.
-The TV did have kid channels (Nick and Cartoon Network plus PBS, etc.) but it did not have a VCR/DVD.
-The grounds were clean including the pool. They even took the seaweed off the beach.
-You need to bring your own grill. I thought the pictures of the grill stands were actual grills - they are just the stands. We picked one up at the grocery store for $10.00.
-The P-Town bus is easy and convenient. Picks up and drops off right in front of the office.
-I could see the beach from my deck and inside. My 5 year old loved waking up and playing on the beach. Cheap entertainment...we didn't even have to do anything else because she never wanted to leave the beach! She found lots of kids to play with. Neighbors were all nice - I would say it is more of a family resort although there were a lot of parties with just adults.
-Considering how close everyone is the noise level was surprisingly not bad in the rooms, most places I have stayed are a lot louder especially with the kids.
I am very happy I found the Top Mast. It is an updated hotel with everything you need. It is not fancy though. The location couldn't be better and thats what I was there for. If you are looking for a true resort with a lot of amenities and activities this probably is not the place for you. If you are looking for a sun filled, relaxed beach vacation this spot can't be beat. My family loved it! We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top Mast Resort is nestled on 750 feet of private, groomed beach overlooking Cape Cod Bay and located only minutes from nearby towns of Provincetown and Wellfleet. Accommodations include; garden view units, beachfront units with or without kitchens, 2 bedroom cottages, a 3 bedroom beach house, and a trio of 4 bedroom shore houses. Enjoy our indoor health complex complete with a large, heated pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, weight room, kiddie pool and slide, kid smoothies, frozen drinks, beer, wine, snacks, soda and an outdoor sun deck area with an evening fire pit. outdoor tennis/basketball court area and ping pong and corn hole on the lawn. Also located on site is our cafe which serves breakfast every day and dinner on Fridays, with seasonal outdoor patio dining by our large koi fish pond and water feature. Free WI-FI in every room and in various locations through out the property. Shuttle services to Provincetown. Family owned and operated for over 45 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Top Mast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Mast Hotel North Truro
- Top Mast North Truro
- Top Mast Resort North Truro, MA, North America