“Tastes like home cooking”
Review of Top Mast Cafe

Top Mast Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Top Mast Cafe is a bright and cheerful, family-friendly summer cafe in the Beach Point neighborhood of North Truro, MA - just 9 minutes from Provincetown. We serve standard American fare, along with creative daily food and drink specials. There is outdoor dining on our patio, plenty of free parking, and take-out service.
Providence, Rhode Island
“Tastes like home cooking”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Love, love their breakfast! Best place in the area for a down home cooked breakfast. Nice way to start your day before heading to the beach!

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
“Management is the issue”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited the café this am - with a party of 10 for breakfast - I realize that serving 10 people can be a challenge. Couple of the meals came out cold, parts of the order were forgotten (Not that big of a deal things happen). Then the waiter in a rush to move us along reached over my wife, who was still eating, grab my plate and spilled Hollandaise sauce all over her shirt and jacket. (Again things happen). They did their best to clean it up with a wet towel. The real issue was the manager came over and basically had a wise crack about the incident. Not looking for a free meal or even a discount but the total lack of concern about a ruined shirt and jacket from management warranted this review. Definitely gave the impression of you're a tourist thanks for your money now get out, we wont see you again and don't care

PtownTMW, Owner at Top Mast Cafe, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Kevin M,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the service you received during your recent breakfast at our cafe. It's disheartening to see our cafe receive a 1 star overall rating when 3 of the 4 categories were rated with 3 stars. I appreciate your understanding in realizing that during the morning rush with a party of 10 people that every dish may not come out perfectly or on time. Whenever something isn't right, we will fix it, replace it, or take it off your bill.

However, your review specifically has to do with the service, so let me address that. I spoke with my spouse who was at the cafe that morning. He remembers that our host Petr was pre-bussing dishes and spilled Hollandaise sauce on your wife's shirt as you said, he apologized and got a towel to clean it up. We never like to see a spill like that, but we are always going to make it right. I'm sorry that the levity my spouse brought up did not sit well with you. It was meant to lighten the mood I'm sure.

We appreciate all of our guests and would never try to rush anyone out. We know very well that our cafe business is driven by visitors to our area. We are in the business of making people happy. I tell that to my servers all the time. If the servers are moving quickly or clearing plates it's because they are trained to pre-buss dishes and tidy up the tables before people leave.

We appreciate the feedback we receive through this site and review these comments with our staff on an on-going basis.
Toronto
“Good food, very gracious host”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had breakfast at the café which was very busy. I did not rate it as one of the best meals I have eaten simply because I would have to begin thinking of lunches and suppers etc. As a breakfast the food was very good and fresh. I was mostly impressed with the service. Even though the restaurant was busy, our host, Dallas, handled the crowd and us very well. His sense of humour and graciousness under the fire of having to rush was exemplary. We felt as if we were the only people he was speaking with and I am sure all of his guests felt the same.

“Breakfast and more”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Had serval breakfasts at the Top Mast Cafe. The breakfast is wonderful and the help is great. We ultimately met out caterers for our wedding there. Great food. Great staff

Castleton On Hudson, New York
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've been staying in North Truro every summer for 14 years, and I can't believe we didn't get here sooner, what a great place! We had a wonderful breakfast, and Dallas, our server was the best. This is a wonderful, friendly and welcoming place. We were seated near a couple who was meeting with the manager (we think), planning their wedding, apparently they do event catering. We couldn't help but listen to a little of the conversation, it sounds like they do an excellent job with that, too. The Top Mast Cafe will be a regular breakfast stop for us from now on. We're also hoping to stop in for a quick dinner too, sometime!

1 Thank Serotta620