“BAD”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
“BAD”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Just awful! My boyfriend and I went there three days ago, to try something new & we BOTH got food poisoning!! The food was not even worth the 24-hour pain we had to go through!

1 Thank mgburn

Bethesda
“Amazing food, selection, and price”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I went to this buffet tonight and was very impressed. There is so much selection- enough to be a full Chinese food buffet, as well as the sushi buffet. The sushi was particularly impressive. Unlike normal sushi buffets they pieces on the buffet were very elaborate and delicious (particularly the lobster sushi)- just what you would pay a lot of money for separately. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Just to note I went for Friday night dinner- it could be different on another day or for lunch.

I also found they were constantly stocking the buffet, unlike what some other people had said.

• Visited December 2011
NYC
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The reviews here and elsewhere were generally good-3 to 4 stars, but my experience on a Sunday night ($10.99) was no more than 3 stars and that was based on the sushi. The Chinese hot foods were disappointing. Where's the beef? Minimal beef dishes. Fried chicken was good, everything else was so-so. Chicken teriyaki was really black pepper chicken. Few veggies, but they did have a bean sprouts offering which is rare; it was good. Sushi selection was very good including eel, tempura and salmon skin. All items tasted were fresh, and constantly being replenished. I ate some fried chicken nuggets before they were poured into the General Tso sauce--very good. Service attentive and pleasant.

• Visited October 2011
Massachusetts
“Go during busy hours for fresher food!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I've been here twice. The first time I went was just during a slow middle of the afternoon. The food was fine, although it seems that to combat possibly drying out the food their heat lamps are on a really low setting and they really do nothing to keep the food up to temp. None of the food was cold, exactly, but I would bet that the chicken was not at the proper holding temperature. Also, lukewarm food is not delicious. The second time I went was around dinner time and because they were busy they seemed to be refilling the food a lot, so it was all hot and good. My only other complaint is that they just can't seem to get their scallion pancakes right. Both times I went they were undercooked and doughy in the middle. The first times they were WAY undercooked AND burnt...which is tricky, but the second time they weren't quite as bad.

• Visited August 2011
Massachusetts
“Excellent experience every time I've eaten there”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I have probably been to Sakura eight times now and have had a great experience each time. It is an excellent value (the $9.99 lunch price for adults has now been extended all day; kids are $4.99) and the buffet is quite extensive, both in terms of the sushi offerings and other menu items. The menu includes soups, dumplings, and a variety of vegetable and meat dishes, and I have enjoyed almost every thing I have tried their. I recommend it highly for people who like sushi and asian food, as well as for families with kids. Even my picky eater children has found food they liked there and the soft serve ice cream and other dessert offerings are always a bit hit.

• Visited April 2011