“I hate this place so much... I came back.”

Sakura Asian Buffet
Ranked #104 of 142 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Northampton, Massachusetts
“I hate this place so much... I came back.”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Don't go here for the view... unless you want a booth that views the across the street Scion dealership (which is petty sharp, actually). Go here for the $9.99 Buffet. Good stuff! More than you can eat, but you will still try. Won't hurt so much the next day if you pace yourself. Don't take a lady here, unless you've put a ring on it already, and she wont back out. A couple of kids in to it (They eat free for a few years!) and she will think she made a good decision by choosing you for a change.

Visited November 2012

Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Worst Chinese Food/Sushi I've ever had”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Sakura left a menu at my apartment last week and I love Sushi and Chinese food and decided why not give it a shot. After being told it would be 30 minutes for my food to be delivered it took over an hour, when my girlfriend called and said "Hey we placed an order an hour ago" the response was "Ok thanks" and they hung up. Shortly after our food arrived and we got the Pu Pu Platter for 2 and 2 Specialty Sushi Rolls. I've eaten at ALOT of Sushi bars and ALOT of Chinese restaraunts and by far this place was the worst, the boneless sprare ribs were smothered in the most disgusting sauce I've ever assaulted my pallete with and the EXPENSIVE sushi rolls were tolerable at best. For $20 I could've gotten a decent meal at any local chinese place or pizza place and instead I spent $55 for some of the worst shlop I've ever had the experience of tasting. Save yourself the money and go somewhere else...

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank invertedillusion
Massachusetts
“If there were a rating lower that would do it!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I tried Sakura for our wedding anniversary lunch today. YECH!!!! More cold than lukewarm food. Food quality was below garbage. Flies on the food at the buffet....I saw at least 3 of them. Some of the food just tasted gross as in poorly prepared but several dishes tasted "funny". It is 6:23 pm as I write this review and I have finally stopped vomitting from lunch. DO NOT EAT AT SAKURA!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank JacksMom413
“BAD”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Just awful! My boyfriend and I went there three days ago, to try something new & we BOTH got food poisoning!! The food was not even worth the 24-hour pain we had to go through!

1 Thank mgburn
Bethesda
“Amazing food, selection, and price”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I went to this buffet tonight and was very impressed. There is so much selection- enough to be a full Chinese food buffet, as well as the sushi buffet. The sushi was particularly impressive. Unlike normal sushi buffets they pieces on the buffet were very elaborate and delicious (particularly the lobster sushi)- just what you would pay a lot of money for separately. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Just to note I went for Friday night dinner- it could be different on another day or for lunch.

I also found they were constantly stocking the buffet, unlike what some other people had said.

• Visited December 2011