“Great food, friendliness, go early for no waiting, open 7 - 3 7 days”
Review of Jake's Restaurant

Jake's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 149 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Huge delicious breakfast, very friendly staff, bright pleasant place to eat something you'll remember. I had the El Paso Ranchero, huge pile of scrambled eggs on two giant hunks of cornbread w black beans, salsa, sour cream. If I could have eaten 5 or 6 breakfasts this morning, there were a lot of other unusual offerings including Bok Choy Benedict and Country Benedict, 2 eggs on top of sausage gravy over biscuits.

I had been worried by reading there was "always" a line to get in -- certainly not if you get there before 8 on Saturday morning. I was the first customer and got a very friendly welcome. I recommend this place for good food served quickly with a friendly welcome.

2  Thank betsythedevine

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent Sunday Breakfast! We were headed home to NY but decided to relax and have breakfast. This restaurant is small and packed on a Sunday morning but it was worth it. The food was excellent, the service was friendly and very good.

1  Thank BeachLover9801
Reviewed 11 June 2014

They really know what they are doing! And it is worth a drive to Northampton to eat breakfast or lunch at Jake's (corner of Rte 9 and 5) Tasty renditions of daily Hash specials, wonderful use of local produce like kale and green beans, goat cheese, roasted tomatoes, garlic and a touch of Charleston in grits and biscuits. And another taste of the south in the smiles and friendly service...the staff is wonderful and friendly and efficient.
We have traveled all over the world and breakfast is important, so give it a try...

1  Thank LynnTrus
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to Jakes because they advertised Huevos Ranchero, not El Paso Ranchero, but Huevos Ranchero. I have been looking for a restaurant where I could get Huevos Ranchero, because I have been unable to find any place which serves this for breakfast.

The waitress didn't know what I was talking about.

Okay, so then I ordered Country Benedict. I'm not sure what made them "Benedict, but the biscuits were dry and hard; even with gravy on them. On the menu it states, sausage gravy, however the gravy was not made from sausage. The meat resembled ham.

Coffee was bitter.

The service was good, but that morning the wait staff kept bickering with each other. That made for an uncomfortable situation.

I might go back, because I did have a good meal there once. Don't think I'd take any guest though.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had breakfast for the first time at Jake's and now I understand why it is so popular! It is my new favorite breakfast spot!
The eggs were delicious and very fresh, the hash was different but yummy, and the tea was wonderful. To top things off, the service was incredible!
It is well worth the wait!