“Great place to stay in Northampton”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I first stayed here because of its location - it's right off I-91, yet only a 10 or 15 minute walk from the center of Northampton. I liked it enough to stay again. (On my way home from a music festival at the other end of the state, I drove about a half hour out of my way to stay here rather than take a chance on a place I didn't know.) The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are a great value for the money. The complimentary buffet breakfast is good - for other meals, you can get a list of nearby restaurants at the front desk. Northampton offers food from just about every part of the world.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Nicole Z, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Rickie1024,
Thank you so much for the great review! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to Northampton!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff was welcoming and the rate was reasonable but the room was poorly ventilated and smelled of lots of cleaning solution like they were trying to hide something. Surprisingly quiet given it is on a pretty busy road.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBug_99938
Nicole Z, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Teavelbug_99938,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do appreciate all of our guest feedback as we are always looking for opportunities to improve.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Noticed that all the 'terrible' and most of the 'poor' reviews are at least two years old. my room was clean and spacious, and everything worked. The staff were very pleasant and responsive.

The two issues I have are the pool, which you have to go outside to get to (and no robes are provided) and breakfast. The breakfast room is too small for the number of guests, so at times you have push past other guests, and also wait for tables to be ready. I have never experienced this at a motel before. Also, eating with the cheapest plastic off styrofoam plates is not acceptable in a mid priced motel.

If I could, I would have given it three and a half stars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Nicole Z, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear The_Flying_Chef,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised with the room and the staff. We have put in a lot of work to make improvements over the past couple of years.
We appreciate that you took the time to list your concerns as well. We are constantly looking for ways we can improve and welcome all feedback.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel after my kids and I were displaced by a fire. We were there from August 30, 2013 to February 28, 2014. All of the staff went above and beyond to make us not only feel welcome but also safe and comfortable. The rooms are nice and the beds were comfortable. They do have a great free hot breakfast with lots of choices. They also have a pool, which my kids loved. The hotels location is very close to the center of Northampton, so there is always something to do. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The lobby was nice + breakfast was pretty good but the room was awfully run down and the bathroom door would not stay closed. (Fine if you're alone but not so good if you travel with friends.) Too bad we couldn't sleep in the lobby.

I was told at check-out that they're in the process of renovating + some rooms are done while others are not. It would have been nice to be told about the renovations when reservations were made or even on arrival - Maybe given a choice between a renovated room or a shabby old room with a price break. Considering the poor room quality the rates were very high.

Luckily there's a brand new place being built next door. I'll go there next time. Caveat emptor - be sure to ask for a renovated room if you must stay at the Quality Inn Northampton.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bigbooklisa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are continuously undergoing renovations, and do have many plans for the near future. If you do decide to stay with us again, i would certainly like the opportunity to assist you personally with your accommodations.
Nicole

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were looking for a Romantic get away for Valentines day that was walking distance to downtown. This was perfect- it was a 10-15 minute walk to downtown.
The room was recently updated from the looks of it and had everything we needed and then some (refrigerator, microwave, blow dryer). there were a few minor things that were overlooked in the renovation (the bathroom door appeared primed but not painted and the old switchplate did not cover the hole behind it) but we informed the girl at the front desk upon checkout and I feel confident that she was getting maintenance to look at it that day. She was very friendly and professional .there was an appetizing spread for breakfast but we had other plans and did not partake in it.
The Bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean.
it was the right price and perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MA181, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear littleskunk2,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again in the future!
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

The Good:
-Beds are reasonably comfy
-Although there is an older section of the place (motel style) and a newer section (hotel style), the rooms in the older section are decently updated and in fine condition.
-Walking distance to town
-Affordable rates ($89/night for a king in the motel section with a AAA discount)
-Free wifi (unlike other reviewers, I had no problems with it, although I only connected via iPhone)
-The rooms in the newer building were quite nice, especially the suites with the full kitchen set up (dishwasher, full stove, big fridge, etc)
-The phone in our room did not work, but was promptly replaced

The Bad:
-Some of the rooms in the motel section were clearly smoking rooms in the past -- they still have a lightly lingering stuffy/funky smell.
-The old building is a motel; this means that people may smoke or be loud outside your room.
-Had some issues with housekeeping: In one instance, we asked for more towels, and got... ONE. (Really?) And although we hung our towels up (international hotel language for "don't replace them," as per their environmental signage), subsequent housekeeping visits reduced our towels back to two. Bizarre.
-Other housekeeping issue: The housekeeper visited our room, but did not make up our bed because we had "belongings" on it (she left a note). Our belongings were our pajamas. I've never had any issue with this in any other hotels, and I've traveled a lot. I would have liked our bed made.

The really bad:
We didn't have consistent hot water. (We had people in two other rooms during our stay, and we all had the same experiences.)
-The first morning, our shower was lukewarm -- tolerable, but not pleasant. I reported it and the staff said they would look into it.
-The second morning, it was just cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. I reported it and the front desk staff said they were sorry for the inconvenience but, "there seem to be a lot of people showering and checking out all at the same time," and to please try showering again later. To which I say sarcastically, "Oh really, a bunch of people getting up in the morning and showering? How UNUSUAL for a HOTEL!" Yes, there was a sports team or something around, but your hotel should have enough capacity for hot water for the whole hotel. It was a cold winter weekend. Even when we tried showering in the afternoon, the water still wasn't hot.
-By the third morning, the hotel was mostly empty and the water was finally acceptably warm (although not yet properly hot).

Bottom line:
This isn't a luxury hotel, so you shouldn't have super high expectations. That said, consistent hot water is a reasonable expectation to have, regardless of price. I won't be staying here again.

To the management: I would've been happy to talk to someone there about our unhappiness, but when we checked out, no one asked how our stay had been, and I just didn't have the fight in me to try and get something taken off of the bill. So I take it to the internet.

The GREAT news is, a Fairfield Inn (by Marriott) is being built next door, so that should be a BIG improvement...

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sarah W

Dear stalkingsarah,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I have certainly taken your comments very seriously and passed them on to the departments involved. I would appreciate the chance to speak with you, as well, to gather more information regarding your stay. Please contact me directly when you have a moment.
Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
0 mi away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Hadley
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!