“Awesome customer service... Book with Hotwire or Priceline when possible...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Northampton
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“Awesome customer service... Book with Hotwire or Priceline when possible...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel through choices hotel since we needed to make sure to have 2 beds...

I'm always so impressed that hotels are giving away their room to Hotwire or Priceline... And are not helping more their choice hotel members...

Well my friend came to join us for a meal and beers in Northampton and booked with Hotwire the same day as us...

We paid $98...with AAA discount, he paid $59 !!!

At least the clerk at front desk was kind enough to offer us a coupon price of $79 since we were Diamond members and some breakfast coupons...

Nice room, good Internet and kind staff...

Should give better price to their members...

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClarionNorthampton, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank You for Being a Diamond Elite Choice Privilege Member!!
I appreciate you taking the time to respond to your time at the Clarion, and the issues that are extremely important to me, recognizing our Choice Members and On-line travel Agencies. I extremely pleased that the team took the initiative to show you value during your stay as our guest, our Privilege members are very important to us and to our brand. To remain competitive, we often have to make decisions regarding our rate partnerships that can impact our consumers in ways we don't like. Again, I am pleased that the team made the correct, empowered choice to make things right for you. We very much look forward to having you back as our guest.

Jeremy Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have stayed at other motels in Amherst area for 10 years but this is 5 miles down the road. It is spacious and clean, pet friendly. The bed was comfortable and the sheets actually fit the mattress. The layout is unique and the pool with a sun-dome cant be beat. The staff is friendly and efficient. The Loft cafe for breakfast is fairly priced and comfortable. We look forward to returning to this treasure just off MA Rt 91 at exit 18. There is weekend entertainment for those that enjoy a little culture from North Hampton.

Room Tip: You can get a room that is poolside or overlooks the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClarionNorthampton, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We cannot thank you enough for your kind words regarding your experience here at the Clarion in Northampton. We continually strive to exceed our guests' expectations; and your comments let the team here know that their hard work does not go unnoticed. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable, reasonably priced accommodations that are different from some of the local lodging establishments. I am personally thankful that you have taken the time to share your experience, and I will make sure to share your comments with the entire hotel team. Once again, my sincerest thanks.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Made a reservation for 1 night at the Clarion Northampton. We went to see our child play frisbee nearby and did not know it was Smith College graduation weekend. They and all hotels in the area doubled their normal rates (there ought to be a law against this). The facility is tired and dingy. The "swimming pool" had a noisy exhaust fan which ran all night and sounded like an airplane taking off, and could be heard by most of the rooms there. The breakfast buffet food was very unhealthy and all high carb. junk. Would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else like the Quality Inn & Suites in Northampton.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ClarionNorthampton, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with the Clarion in Northampton and please accept my apologies for the experience you encountered here at the hotel. Feedback from our guests is instrumental to us in changing those things about our facility that we have the ability to change. Again, we value all feedback and appreciate you taking the time to write a candid response regarding your experience. My sincere apologies.

Newton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have an interior room overlooking the indoor pool, and thus no window to the outside. Our air conditioning has a fan that needs replacing. The hotel knew this fan was broken before we arrived but decided not to fix it. Our room is thus quite warm all the time. We were given room fans, but this is terribly disappointing given the rates that were charged for an event weekend. I am quite upset a out this, and will not recommend Clarion hotels anywhere after this stay. One bright side is the staff, who were as helpful as. Old be given the circumstances.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ClarionNorthampton, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response via Trip Advisor regarding your experience. I can assure you that the hotel never occupies overnight rooms with known issues. While I can tell you that we work diligently to make sure every room is ready all of the time, issues can arise, but if there are issues that cannot be resolved, we simply do not use the room. The staff here is truly the heart and soul of our hotel and I will share your positive feedback with them regarding your interactions. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Towson, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I am a regular business traveler and always found Clarion's to be a good value. Not in Northampton. Way too expensive. Rooms were dirty and smelled damp and musty. Roof around pool leaked making pool area wet and sloppy. Staff for the most part did their best. Restaurant food was okay but service was slow considering the place was empty. Next time I'm in town I will stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to respond to your experience and are happy that you use Choice Brand facilities when you travel. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had as a guest of our property. The kind words that you had regarding the staff will be shared with the team, and we will take all of your comments into consideration when planning changes and repairs. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Southport, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Looking for an inexpensive room for a visit at UMASS, Amherst, we chose Clarion based on special low rates. We were pleasantly surprised. This p[property has been extensively renovated in the recent past and as a result offers all of the comforts that I look for but in a roomier (not a pun) hotel. The public areas were particularly well suited for our needs as we had several visitors that we were able to greet outside of our room in pleasant private nooks.

Usually we do not make use of hotel pools anymore, but will make an exception when we return. On a cold, rainy April day, the pool was bright, landscaped with tropical plans and looked for all the world like a destination resort.

Room Tip: Breakfast was not included with our room, but the on-site restaurant was superb and reasonably price...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ClarionNorthampton, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful, candid response to your experience with the Clarion. We understand that guests come to our property for any number of reasons, and in these financial times, our property very often represents the best value to our guests. We are extremely pleased that beyond simply value, you found our property to be one of quality. I will share this feedback with our team, and we hope to welcome you back as our guest in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'm a pretty easy going person and when we first arrived here I wanted to give it a try. I thought it was just old and we needed a place to stay so why not? It was just for one night. I knew something wasn't right the minute we pulled around to our "carport". Maybe it was the big planter filled with 5 years worth of cigarette butts, or the weeds growing out of the cracks in the pavement, or the overflowing dumpster, or the chainlink fence. But nothing really compared to the musty mildew smell once we got into our room (it took awhile for our lungs to recover). My daughter had her own room and the door didn't even fit--I could see light all around it. The place was desolate and we were reminded not to leave anything in the car. I was worried about the car actually, and whether it would be intact in the morning.

Now I went to college in this area and I love Northampton. I thought when I booked online that it was a good place for the price and the photos at least made it look clean. But we brought our dogs, you see, and they put us in the "pet friendly" rooms, which are basically the ones no one would ever sleep in. I was worried about the cleanliness of the sheets and don't even get me going on the carpet. We left the dogs in the room while we had a nice dinner in Northampton and then came back, packed up and left. We were never so happy to pull out of a parking lot in our lives. Take my advice: if you bring your dogs and need a hotel, drive the few extra miles to Springfield. I bet you can find a Hilton there that takes dogs and will be a very nice place. Clarion should be ashamed to have their name on this place.

One good thing though--the front desk guys were really nice. I don't blame them for the shape of the hotel. It should be bulldozed though. Maybe the non "dog friendly" rooms are better but it still is a little like the Bates Motel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank swansea1blue
ClarionNorthampton, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response about your recent experience with the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center. On behalf of the staff and managers, please accept our sincerest apologies about your experience. I can assure that the concerns that you have raised are disconcerting to management and will be addressed; we are proud of our pet accommodations and will do our best to continue to serve our travelers as best we can.

Jeremy Brown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Holyoke
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!