“To somewhere else”
Review of Tougas Family Farm

Tougas Family Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Tougas Family Farm offers Pick-Your-Own fruit from June through October! Picking seasons in order are strawberries, blueberries, cherries, peaches, nectarines, raspberries, blackberries, apples, and pumpkins. Free playground and petting zoo for our customers! The Farm Store and Kitchen offer seasonal fruit pies, cider donuts, ice cream, lunch items, fresh picked produce, jams and jellies, and more! Check our website or facebook page for picking contiditions and hours of operation before heading out to the Farm. Exit #24 off I-290 in Northborough, MA
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Our family goes apple picking every September. Today we tried Tougas. We purchased the thirty dollar bag. The staff informed us they had 150 acres, but pointed us in the direction that picking was allowed today. The field was the size of half a football field. The rest of the rows, were roped off. My children found a blackberry bush and were scolded by the staff when they took a berry off. We tried to walk across the street to the rest of the trees, but were stopped. The employee said if we went to that side we had to leave our bag there. We did not feel welcomed. The apple police were everywhere. Obviously we will not be returning.

8  Thank Stingrayraleigh

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Very very expensive! Just a glorified money making scheme. Went to Tougas Family Farm this past Sunday to pick apples. Parking is pretty chaotic and unorganized. The wait in line just to get into the orchard is absolutely ridiculous! I think we waited for about a half hour in line. Definitely not a day at the farm as much as it was a place to hand over money. The hay ride was more of a shuttle bus and lacked hay. Food and drink prices are way way over priced. The "barn yard" has seen better days and is very crowded. For a peck of apples its $20 and for a 1/2 bushel its $30 dollars, now here is where they get you, if you purchase a peck its only good for 4 people to get in, and if you purchase a 1/2 bushel its only good for 6, the farm basically forces you to pay for a higher cost whether or not you want to if you have more people. Next time I will stay local over going to this place. There are definitely cheaper orchards to visit. Tougas Family Farm found a nonchalant way of charging people excessive prices. I wont be visiting again.

7  Thank Ryan O
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Decent farm to N'joy with friends & family
Not a huge form so you don't need to cover lot of ground..
No farm generated ice cream, prices are little higher side
No rides or a big play places for kids to rock...

Reviewed 12 July 2013

If you want to pick strawberries, blueberries, apples, peaches, blackberries, or cherries (in their appropriate seasons), then Tougas Farm is the place you want to go. Of course you can buy fruit already picked but then you don't get the fun of picking the fruit. It is a family affair--playground area for the kids and you can buy lunch and eat it out on the picnic tables. What is also nice is that you can ride in a tractor pulled flatbed to and from the picking areas. When you sign up on their website, they tell you the best times to pick the fruit. My wife makes strawberry, blueberry, and peach jelly from the fruit at Tougas--delicious. You pay for the fruit picked by the pound.

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

1st visit here and most things were as I expected after checking out their website. It sits atop a hill offering views of a calm, quiet surrounding.

Strawberries are in season so we picked them. The staff were helpful and showed just where to pick. They even showed me to an outer aisle because I had a stroller with me. Lots of signs mean things are well marked. There were many ripe strawberries to pick. The price was on the high side, about $6.00/quart including a $3 entry fee into the field. There is a sign posted about their pesticide use.

The farm play yard playground is built for elementary aged kids but my toddler daughter found it fun too. The barn yard had only goats on the day of our visit. The Kitchen offers pies, jellies & jams, ice cream and seasonal flavored donuts. I paid $5 for a decent strawberry milk shake.

I will return again for a different fruit picking season. This is not be the most authentic farm in the area but its worth a visit.