“Horrible Place if you want to sleep”

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Northborough
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We arrived around 9pm after a long drive in. What you can't see in this picture of the hotel is that there is a bar about 20 feet only away from the front of the hotel on one side. They were jamming until about 11:45pm. We had to be up by 5:00am. I asked the front desk how long they play and he said they are "supposed" to stop by 10pm. That is the least of it though. When I turned the hot water on to wash my face I could smell a strong musky/mildew smell. My face turned bright red after washing. All during the night you will hear these two loud sounds every few minutes or so. It sounds like someone is shaking your door to come in. What it is, is everytime a car drives over these two steel grate doors covering the parking lot RIGHT IN FRONT WHERE THE LOUD BAR IS, it makes a very loud noise. To make matters worse, I left the hotel as early as I could, when I did you aren't going to believe what I saw. They were pumping the sewage up into the parking lot and letting it drain down the hill. There was no way to drive my car without going through it. The stench was horrible. I can say this was the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. I realize that it is called a Econo for a reason but come on, this is ridiculous!

Room Tip: Please just pay the extra $20 or $30 and get a room that you know won't leave a lasting horrible...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cmcil
There are newer reviews for Econolodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 March 2010

Clean hotel, friendly staff and affordable. What more can you ask for in an Econolodge? We stayed here recently when our home was being renovated. Liked the place and the location. The adjacent restaurant served good food and bar was great. We enjoyed our quiet and undisturbed stay here. Staff went the extra mile to ensure comfort and supplied extra pillows and towels as needed. The other benefit is a mall and food court within walking distance. Overall, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_the_world_80
Reviewed 17 October 2009

The hotel is on the same site as an loud bar with blaring music.
The non-smoking room reeked of stale cigerette smoke.
The second room reeked even stronger of vinegary, spicy, cooking smells that got into all our clothes.
The sofa and chair in both rooms were used, dingy and soiled. The sheers on the windows were filthy. The wallpaper was painted and cracked. The mattress in both rooms sagged badly in the middle, and the only 2 pillows supplied were child size. I dont know how Econo Lodge could allow this shabby furnitures in their hotels? Especially such poor mattresses!
The "deluxe" breakfast consisted of very stale english muffins and a waffle maker. The tables were dirty as was the floor.
We were supposed to stay for 3 nights. We could not. We checked out the next morning, and moved down the road to a hotel that was fresh, clean, comfortable, and CHEAPER!
We would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OntarioNortherner
Reviewed 2 November 2007

I was very surprised with everything that they offered for such a reasonable rate. We loved that they had a microwave and refrigerator. It's a life saver when you are traveling with 2 year old that wakes up 2 - 3 times a night for warm milk. The staff was great...we didn't know that had cribs and the lady at the desk saw my daughter and asked if we would like one. They even came and brought it to the room and set it up. We haven't seen this type of service in a long time....without dishing out loads of $$$.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 August 2007

My husband and I decided to stay someplace close to the DCU Center in Worcester, MA. Our 15-year-old daughter was in the Central New England Karate Championships and we needed to be in Worcester by 8:30AM. We live far enough away that it was just more logical to rent a suite.

THE ONLY reason this ROOM could possibly qualify as a "suite" is the half-wall that separated the bed from the fold-out couch. There were perhaps 2-1/2 feet between the two. We asked for a blanket and pillow for the fold-out couch for my daughter. Neither were available. The "suite" was cramped and uncomfortable. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone travelling with more than just themselves. You'll need to leave the "suite" to change your mind.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank OldGloryTiverton_RI
Reviewed 19 July 2006

I have stayed at this hotel in the past when it was Travelodge and enjoyed my stays very much. I returned again this past fall and found the new hotel to be great. The front desk staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable about the area and events and were able to get me directions to all the places I wanted to go. I will continue to stay at this hotel because the price is right, the rooms are great, the breakfast is fabulous, and the desk agents are superb!

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank ElmoG15
A TripAdvisor Member
watonga, OK
Reviewed 5 March 2006

Rate is quite reasonable..room had frig/microwave,coffee maker, iron, hair dryer,27 inch tvs, free high speed internet..had very good breakfast..hot waffles and all that..they also have a sports bar and restaurant on property which is very nice..

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northborough
Westborough Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 11 in Marlborough
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!