“You get even less than what you pay for”

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Northborough
Buffalo NY
“You get even less than what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was honestly expecting a little more. We stayed here one night on our way home from Cape Cod. I had shopped around online looking for the best deal for a hotel room in the 100 miles out from the Cape along the 90. I had a few choices all around the same price of $75 a night, and I wish I had chose differently.

The bathroom and room overall were clean, but the pillows were gross, there was someone else's hair all over several of them and a very thin pillow case that revealed dirty, drool stained pillows beneath. The AC had a red light on that said "change filter now", and inside it was full of mold. We checked in close to midnight and were so tried we didn't want to bother going back down to check in to see if we could get a different room. We aren't picky people. We've stayed in hostels all around the world. My main thing is the bed, if it looks clean then I'm happy. Everywhere else can be questionable, but that makes or breaks a stay for me. And I don't like the idea of breathing in mold if we have to turn the AC on.

Breakfast was kind of a joke. I've been to lower star hotels where breakfast is included and it has been amazing. This, not so much. They had mini muffins and 1 English muffin, literally 1. They had a make your own waffles station, but it was clear no one had cleaned it in quite some time. There was cereal you could have, but the only milk they had was a carafe of whole milk that was much warmer than it should have been. There was no fruit or even pre- packaged danishes (which would have made me feel better about eating them) I have stayed in hostels nicer than this place. It was a place to rest our heads, and the staff was nice, but I would definitely choose somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sara P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had been staying at the nearby Motel 6 when visiting the Boston area on the weekends but found the rooms I was given were becoming progressively less nice.
Stayed here for one night and was pleasantly surprised.
The gentleman in the office was friendly and helpful. Given the room next to the office's breakfast area. There is a sports bar/restaurant located very close to the motel across the parking lot. Outside the room, the bar noise is loud. Once I closed the door to the room, however, I didn't hear it at all. There seemed to be a speed bump which made loud thuds when struck (or some other kind of repetitive noise), but I was able to tune it out. The bed is near the wall opposite the entry/parking lot/bar.
I found the room nice with a mid-sized fridge, microwave, and kitchen cabinet. There was also a coffee maker, blow dryer, and ironing supplies. Love seat and coffee table. The bed was comfy and the TV got cable channels including HBO.
Everything was clean.
There is a shopping plaza within an easy drive with a Starbucks, Burger King, and BJ's club (bring your membership card for cheaper gas prices if you have one!) Target and Walmart are also nearby.
Northborough is a short drive from Framingham and about 30 to 45 minutes outside of Boston/Cambridge.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Keep the sports bar and traffic in mind. Best room locations would seem to be facing the back of th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lemongrrl
Lincoln, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed again at the Econolodge while we were in the area with friends. I only have positive things to say about my experience.....friendly staff, clean and comfortable stay. All my friends echo'd the same. We had dinner/drinks at the JJ's sports bar next door and had a great time watching Superbowl game. Will certainly come back again for basketball season.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travel_the_world_80
Cornwall, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I KNOW YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR BUT!!!!
We only noticed a light urine smell when we checked which we attributed to it being a dog friendly room but we were in a rush so did not check further until we returned later in the evening.
The urine smell was coming from the bathroom which stunk (luckily there was a door we could close), the bottom 12 inches of shower curtain was terribly stained. The walls and ceilings must be very thin as we could hear other guests walking and using the bathroom. We ended up leaving at 2:30 am as we could no longer suffer the smell.
The check in was friendly and based on other comments it may have only been our room but I suggest you stay away from 125.

Room Tip: Do not choose 125
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter M

Travellers are raving about these Northborough hotels

Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The place is clean, upkeep good & staff courteous..I had a wonderful time in-spite of transport issues from Westborough to Worcester ( which runs to $30 for a one way trip by cab ).The height of it was when I got down at Westborough Rly stn & requested the hotel for a pickup ( only 1 mile away) I was given a cab service number who come & pick me up &drop me at hotel at a $20 fare..The hotel could have arranged a pickup which would have saved me this cost.There is no public transport in this town.The stay is good for people who drive down & not for guys like me who do not have a car.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ganapathi M
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had been in the area for a while and I noticed the place was packed every night. I was worried about how late the sports bar/restaurant next door might be rocking. I went inside and it looked cool, but the band was so loud I wouldn't have been able to hear the game I wanted to watch. The band stopped playing by 10:00 or 11:00pm. I couldn't hear it from either side of the motel.
What I could hear was the idling trucks on the side where I was first given a room. The diesel exhaust also came onto the building. I asked for a different room and got one on the bar side.
The room was perfectly fine. It was clean, quiet and comfortable.
If I had been forced to sleep on the 'truck side', I would have been upset, But, everything turned out alright. It is an economy lodge, just as advertised.

Room Tip: On the 'bar side', away from the trucks.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Cooperstown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were on our way to Boston, we needed 3 rooms for the family. Breakfast was good and service was great. The staff was the best part. Hey, it is an Econo Lodge. You don't go there for the ambiance or the room service.

Room Tip: I like the second floor. It is a little further from the street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hjnicols
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - East Main Street
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!