“Your ONLY option an not a good one”
Review of Rooster's Bistro - CLOSED

Rooster's Bistro
Cuisines: American
Chicago, Illinois
“Your ONLY option an not a good one”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This town has nothing in it-this is literally one of like 2 places to eat.
It's fairly cute- sort of diner-y but the food is not great.

Ordered the soup that was so starchy (obviously sitting all day) that it was inedible. The "panini" as it was called on the menu turned out to be made on a pita which was an odd choice for a grilled sandwich- dry on dry?

I would not go back.

4 Thank TravelWell059

North Andover, Massachusetts
“Worst Breakfast Ever!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My parents live in the next town and we decided to go
for breakfast. Smallish place set in center of town.
We sat at the counter, it took 1/2 an hour for our breakfast
which was your basic, eggs over with bacon, homefries and
vegetable omelet.

They did not have ac, which is okay, eggs undercooked, could not get coffee refreshed.
Overall terrible meal and service .

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank lkn
Gardner, Massachusetts
“Great Friday evening music and food”
Reviewed 11 January 2011

When we entered the Bistro we were immediately welcomed by pleasant acoustic guitar music and a gentle voice. We enjoyed a beverage while deciding what to order. The menu has an extensive Gluten Free selection which delighted my sweetheart as she has a Gluten intolerance and often finds it difficult to get a great meal when we dine out in central and western Mass. My chicken and broccoli Alfredo was excellent. She was able to order one of their breakfast is always available meals because it was so rare for her to find a great breakfast that was Gluten free. I tasted her meat-lover's omelet and had to agree. It was delicious! Thought the boors close early, 8 pmish, we found that our experience there was outstanding and a delightful surprise. I would recommend Rooster's Bistro to my friends and suggest that you get you too pay a visit. Early morning to dinner meals all seem to be well worth the trip to this little gold mine of a find perched on the MA NH boarder.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank MrKyp
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

A Saturday night out without kids, last minute, 20 miles from home, and we decided to use a gift certificate I got from Restaurant.com, which is more of a $10 off coupon that the restaurant gives as advertising. The food was great: Chicken Alfredo w/ broccoli, and Chicken Marsala, and the congenial young waitress was apologetic about the slow service as she was backed up with the evening rush. It really wasn't bad, the whole event was 90 minutes. The multi faceted (mushrooms, peppers, onions, lettuce and greens, tomatoes) salad was wonderful and fresh, the warm dinner rolls exquisite, and then Kimmie says 'there's complimentary dessert' (my wife had brownie a la mode and I had chocolate pie AND ice cream with chocolate sauce) because of the slow kitchen service. I decided to save my $10 off coupon for a later trip, and included a generous tip as we felt we were treated so well. There definitely was local flavor being a small town establishment, and we joked as we left that we are taking our credit card with us, as one customer had left his there earlier, and was stopping in to get it.
We'll be back, maybe for Breakfast instead, to enjoy ourselves again...

3 Thank 5inavan
Buckland, Massachusetts
“a welcome lunch break”
Reviewed 26 September 2010

My business partner and I thoroughly enjoyed a chicken/broccoli-wrap for lunch here while taking off an hour from an awning installation in Bernardston next door. The food was noticeably fresh, not over-cooked, and the servers there are genuine, efficient, and very friendly. Not just a stomach-filling experience - but a healing break from the drudgery of physical labor. Highly recommended!

2 Thank Scontz