“Excellent Italian”
Review of The Chateau

The Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Norton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Visited the restaraunt while on business. The restaraunt sits on a lake and has the look and feel of an old house on the inside. That may not be the best description, but it's all I've got at the moment. The lobster, shrimp, scallop diavalo was excellent. The wait staff is attentive, while not being overbearing. Excellent place to eat if you are in the Taunton area.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My cousin and I stopped here on the way to our hotel in Massachusetts. We were impressed - they served great, quality food at a good price and the waitress was awesome. We went on a Thursday night, enjoyed the sunset over the lake from our table. We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer and we both ordered the special for $12.99 - it included a large piece of chicken parm, a giant delicious meatball and toasted raviolis. We were looking for something other than seafood, and I'm definitely glad we came here. The portions were large - the two of us could have definitely split a meal. My cousin was just saying she wished we had one nearby! It looked super fancy and at first we thought it was out of our price range, but it's really moderately priced like an Olive Garden, but the food is SO much better!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

In the past when I've gone to any of their locations, I never really walked away impressed. I think I know why. I've always eaten in the "lounge" in this location because the atmosphere is bar-like with televisions, and that's usually what I'm looking for. For apparently, the menu is different? Not really sure, but this time, I ate in the dining room. The food was fabulous. They are famous for their toasted ravioli and they were good. I got penne with salmon in a light cream sauce and it was out of this world. Whole wheat pasta is now available so I ordered mine with that. Outstanding. Everything else on the menu looked great, too. An awful lot to choose from. Thanks, Chateau!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Made reservations for a party of 8 for a birthday celebration. Were disappointed to be seated near the kitchen, though the restaurant was not nearly full. Asked the same question several times about the menu, waitress kept avoiding the question, giving other answers like a politician in a debate. For an Italian restaurant, bread was disappointing, just plain white bread sliced thick with sesame seeds on top, in no way did it resemble Italian bread. Ordered cocktails (raspberry and blue something), they were watered down and flavorless. Food was just OK, marinated chicken was dry, portions were small and overpriced for an Italian restaurant. It cost extra for vegetables and salad? Really? Was better before it changed hands.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have visited this restaurant several times in the 8 years we have lived in the neighborhood & it was just ok food wise and physically very nice with a lovely lake side views. The portions were small and 2 of 4 were sent back ro be warmed. There was a large, drinking table about 50 feet from us making a huge racket. I asked to the manager to ask them to cool down and was told she couldn't do that. We moved away from the views to table deep inside The Chateau. Our waiter and another told us they agreed that the group was way overboard. We won't return.

Been to The Chateau? Share your experiences!