“Stay Away America”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Norton
queens, New York, United States
“Stay Away America”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I booked this threw hot wire ,This is like a time share room kitchen ,stove and all the rest ,This is not what we wanted and i don't think it should be listed as a hotel in the hot wire pool.Oh there is no pool,they told me maybe down the block holiday inn will let you use theirs never tired that.Went out the first day and came back and our room was not made up,that's only for guest that stay 7 days or longer .WOW,First night at 12:20 am drunk guest trying to open my door then they started knocking not good at all,noise all that night drinking in front of hotel not good,Second night just to much noise they had a big company named KARL staying there and their trucks where all over the parking lot.The one bright spots are there staff young kid very nice ,The morning agent julie think,she is from Chicago very helpful and the evening agent very nice always a smile and a hello .The GM never reached out not even a note of apology nothing very surprised. Not Happy With My Stay BUT i'm always willing to give second chances you just have to reach out ............WE CHECKED UT TWO DAYS EARLY

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Michael - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not find our location suitable for your needs and wants. To respect the privacy of our guests, we offer once a week housekeeping services for anyone staying 8 nights or more, but we do have fresh towels or linens available at the front desk anytime. While we do not have a pool on-site, we do have an agreement with the Holiday Inn for our guests to use their facilities for a nominal fee. In response to your feedback, I am working with my staff and following up to ensure that intoxicated guests are taken care of appropriately before they become a disturbance to our other guests.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bno@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Over all the rooms are nice. Mine was clean. The bathroom was clean. Check in was easy. the receptionist I had was very friendly and helpful. The down sides: no one is at the front desk after 11pm,,,, they don't have automated wake up calls, the temp control can be a little " iffy" Grab and Go Breakfast is really a joke unless you are the first one there. Two men got there before me and cleaned out every last muffin and all the good granola bars. It took a good 10 minutes before anyone came to re stock it. They had muffins, granola bars, and coffee loaded with grounds. When I went to check out at 6am there was no one around to take my key or give me any paperwork. I just left my key in a napkin with room number on the desk and left, had to get to work. As far as a wake up call for 4:45am, The front desk they said they would try but couldn't promise anything. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night. I would probably stay here again if they can fix these minor issues.

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness center on site
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Don - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I am regretful that we did not keep the breakfast station adequately stocked and that the coffee was not drinkable. There is a staff member available on-site 24 hours a day and it bothers me significantly that you were not able to locate someone. I assure you that I am working with my staff to make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We hope to have you as our guest again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I'm sitting in the room as I type!
It smells like an ash tray, in the drawer next to the bed is a cigarette and tags from women's undergarments ( I have a photo)
Holiday Inn is just across the street! I should have known better!
DON'T STAY HERE!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sixpackz28
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room smelled like cigarette smoke and was unclean upon check-in. Cleanliness is of the utmost important to us, and that includes a fresh smelling room. In response to your feedback, I am working with my staff and following up to ensure that every guest is given a clean, fresh room at arrival moving forward.

Travellers are raving about these Norton hotels

New Haven, CT
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I travel for business frequently, so i stay in hotels approx two nights per week, year round. If i have ever had a worse hotel experience, i cannot recall it. This "hotel" is basically the equivalent of a motel, except that there is one main front door. Otherwise, it does not offer many of the services i have come to expect of "hotels," including clean water for bathing, nonsmoking rooms (when such was reserved), wake-up calls, restaurant, shampoo, and a sense of safety. This was booked for me and a couple of colleagues by someone else, mostly because it was the only hotel in the town in which we had a day of meetings the next day. Our client stayed in the Courtyard Marriott nearby and had a pleasant experience, so that's where we'll be staying from now on.

Let's start with the check in. Woman at front desk was perfectly pleasant but told me that there were only smoking rooms available, even though we had reservations for nonsmoking rooms and i had a handicapped room reserved. After i made it quite clear that smoking rooms were not acceptable (i have never been giving a smoking room in all of my years of travel), she somehow found us three "nonsmoking" rooms. (I have to put that in quotes because one of my colleagues, who is a true road warrior and rarely complains, said her room clearly smelled of smoke, to which the hotel staff replied that it was a smoking room but they could not control whether someone smoked in a nonsmoking room! Funny how better hotels are able to control this through fines.

My room was on the first floor, overlooking a parking lot in a desolate, industrial section of town. I would normally have refused this for reasons of safety but was led to believe it was the last nonsmoking room available. The room next door was securely sealed off with lots of plastic and tape, which was worrisome. I called the front desk to make sure it wasn't a bed bug problem and was told they would never put me in a room next door to a room with bed bugs. She said it was a construction project (couldn't they just lock the door?), so my guess is that it was a crime scene.

I called the front desk again to request my usual wakeup call (as a backstop to my own phone) and was told that they do not do wakeup calls. I have never heard of this before.

Speaking of crime scenes, inside the room was a brochure about safety -- with warnings about not answering your door if you weren't expecting anyone. This might have led to my nigtmares about being assaulted which woke me up too early in the morning. I then had trouble getting back to sleep because i could hear every step and door closing above and around my room as if those people were in my very room. Paper thing walls.

When i had a half hour to get ready to leave, i looked for shampoo in the bathroom and found none, hence my comparison to a motel. When i called the front desk, i was told that i could walk down the (narrow, prison-like hallway) to get shampoo at the front desk. When i explained that i had an ankle injury, the nice young woman at the front desk quickly brought shampoo to me. Then i poured the bath -- please see accompanying photo which i did not alter in any way. The water was dark yellow to the point of almost being brownish. i am not a germaphobe, but even i could not bring myself to get in that tub, as much as i wanted to wash my hair and look my best for meetings, because i had no idea what lurked in that dirty water.

Breakfast consisted of coffee and granola bars at the front desk. When we were checking out, we complained in no uncertain terms about all of the above (plus the fact that the HVAC did not work properly in one of my colleagues' rooms) and yet no one offered to rectify anything, which leads me to believe this is business at usual at this property. By the way, we only saw two other women staying here and we saw no workers except one or two at the front desk. (Housekeeping is only done on a weekly basis.)

Bottom line is that this is NOT a full-service hotel and i am perplexed as to who could have written the positive reviews below. I feel that as a public service, I am obligated to correct the record and to warn people to stay away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. I understand your frustration about not receiving the room type you requested and I apologize for the situation. Still, please know, we do strive to accommodate all requests. I also understand how concerning it may have been to see a room taped off the way it was, but I assure you, there were merely some maintenance issues including painting and other repairs that were being conducted, and the tape was used to prevent the fumes from seeping into the hallway.

Thank you again for your feedback. I truly apologize for the issues you experienced while staying at our hotel, but hope that you will stay with us again so we can show you our enhanced efforts.
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I used priceline to book this room literally last minute. I booked it around 2pm and checked in after a 4 hour drive at 6pm. The young lady at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. I have several tattoo's and have gotten treated very differently (poorly) because of them on more occasions than I care to recall. The young lady was extremely nice and courteous, never once made me feel like I was being looked down on so to speak. The room we got for the price was absolutely AMAZING!! It was literally like a small studio apt with kitchenette, including full fridge and freezer, stove top, pots, pans, dishes and utensils! Well above and beyond what I was expecting!! I almost wished we were staying longer so we would be able to make good use of these accomodations! The only problem I did find was the bathroom was not cleaned very well. The floor hadn't been swept or mopped, and the inside of the toilet could have used a good cleaning. Garbage still in it that hadn't even been flushed let alone cleaned. I'm quite sure if I had said something, it would have been rectified immediately. Overall experience was extremely satisfactory though! I would definately reccommend, and will def stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Marcia - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and our staff to be pleasant. We strive to make all our guests feel at home and hope that the next time you are in our area you will stay for a longer period of time so you can use our kitchen!

Orlando
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The staff was very friendly and attentive. Most importantly the hotel grounds and the room were above average and very comfortable. The room was very accommodating with the kitchenette and new like feel. We stayed in the hotel for 4 days for a concert event at the Comcast Center. The hotel was very close to the center, so it made the drive easy. I will definitely be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Tim - Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am so thrilled to know that you found our hotel to be so comfortable, and our staff friendly as well as attentive. We strive to make every guest feel at home here, so it is great to hear we were able to do that for you!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We can't wait to see you the next time you travel back to our area.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have stayed at this place for 4 years now because of it's great location to the Comcast Center and great small kitchen facilities. They have added a coffee bar for morning coffee and had granola bars and instant oatmeal. There was plenty of parking and this is convenient to the expressway. There were cheaper hotels nearby, but the small Kitchen was a must for us.

Room Tip: We had rooms 229 and 231 and these are HC Accessible, the kitchen in a strip kitchen and the bathroo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Sheila - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our location to be convenient. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We value your feedback and are glad that you continue to stay with us every year. We can't wait to see you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
Holiday Inn Taunton - Foxboro Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Raynham
Hampton Inn Raynham-Taunton

Been to Extended Stay America - Foxboro - Norton? Share your experiences!