“Small but Comfortable and Stylish”

The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Small but Comfortable and Stylish”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

For man version -skip to the end.

Hubby and I stayed one night in a Traditional Queen size room on the fourth floor. We were in town for a wedding but made the reservation the day off, while on route (shhh, don’t tell the bride). The wedding we would attend was not at the hotel, but we were aware that at least one wedding group was occupying a floor. We asked if it was possible to check in early; the front desk rep. was careful not to guarantee it but said they would try. Housekeeping came through-thanks guys! And we got to check in early.

The front desk staff was not particularly warm (they may have been tired and or stressed-nothing like a couple of wedding groups for tension to run high front of the house. Yes, I’ve worked the desk back in the day. Two agents were manning the desk when we arrived. Umm, not at all their fault, but let’s just say that the search for a uniform that communicates -I’m professional yet attractive and therefore approachable, and trustworthy, yeah that search should continue. Check-in went smoothly; my husband’s credit card had been taken and authorized when we called. We asked what the room price was including all the taxes so there were no surprises later. Within 5 minutes we were in our room.

My first impression of the room was small but fresh and clean-more points for housekeeping! A closer look showed the décor to be understated but stylish-a few simple furnishings with clean lines and a pleasant color palette (soft furnishings were grey, white and red). I loved the shelving a containers in the closet-odd but it somehow made the room a little homier-such a small touch communicated- maybe not so far from home. We ordered room service soon after we got to the room-never go to a wedding hungry. While we waited, it registered that while the room was adequate for two, three would have been uncomfortable. Room Service arrived quickly. We ordered clam chowder, a hamburger and fries. The hamburger was ok, fries were good and chowder-very yummy. Definitely try the chowder. The attendant pointed out that the gratuity was already added in. How nice-no attempt to gouge us! If I carried cash that alone would have earned him a tip.

The bathroom had a shower and a single sink & faucet; the counter space seemed long, but not quite long enough, for me and hubby to use the mirror and counter comfortably at the same time. Yes I confess to monopolizing it. For those wondering, we are average sized people (size 6 and 36), thank you very much. I really liked the wood looking shelf that housed extra towels under the sink. It ran from one end of the bathroom to the next. Had we planned a longer stay, I would have had a ton of room for toiletries and other feminine accoutrements. I hadn’t seen the dispenser for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in any other hotel shower so far, so I found it unusual and a nice touch. It was probably a great way to save on the usual mini hotel shampoo and conditioner-smart move GM. Had the water pressure not been as good as it was, I would not have cared for them. A small thing but I liked the small metal mesh basinet (it allowed for drainage) for bath-soap.

We got ready, left for the wedding and return later that night. The bed and bedding were comfortable and we slept well. The bed seemed big, must have been a king Check out went smoothly the next morning. Before leaving we had brunch at the restaurant. Hubby and I split a fruit and yogurt parfait (very yummy-you should try it), ham and cheese omelet (you can skip it), French toast (skip it), and OJ (please sir, may I have some more). The waiter also brought over a basket of pastries-croissants, turnovers and tarts (they were good-enjoy). There was an elderly lady who sort of floated around the restaurant. I decided she was the owner’s elderly aunty who may have worked there before the dementia set in, and he just can’t bring himself to keep her away; she seemed pleasant and harmless.

I enjoyed our short stay at the 4 points-my first stay at one. I was comfortable enough to say I would stay here again if we needed to be in Norwood. There was a Courtyard just across the street, but I’m not tempted.

Man Version-we stayed for one night, traditional queen size room, big enough for two but not three, nice and clean. Ask for the price with taxes included. Hamburgers here are ok. Definitely try the clam chowder. If wife is with you, order the fruit parfait with whatever else she wants. Room service is fast and good people. You’ll sleep well in comfortable bed. Good hotel would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was really, really please with this Sheraton. VERY clean - nice check in, clean rooms and the bar and restaurant seemed really nice. I was here to stay for a family wedding nearby, so most of the meals were not with family at the hotel, but the restaurant and bar looked good to me.

The room was immaculate. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were really clean - the whole property seemed to be well maintained. I liked the complimenary coffee in the lobby.

For me, what was especially nice is that we were put into a 'pure' room - I have a lot of allergies and didn't even know that these were available - basically, they are hypoallergenic rooms, and it was a pleasure to get UNscented soaps and shampoos - they had very nice containers on the shower wall for soap, shampoo and body wash.... and they were all unscented.

My only 'complaints'.... first of all, I do not understand why a hotel has a pool but doesn't have a place in your room to dry your swimsuits - it really bothers me when there isn't one of those inexpensive wires that are available to pull out and make a clothesline over the bathtub, especially if there is a pool and you want to dry your swimsuit out before packing it.

The other thing that struck me as odd was developing a 'hypoallergenic' room (without scented toiletries and an air purifier), but still having down pillows and cushions - it was my fault for not specifying no feathers but still.... a hypoallergenic room in my opinion should have hypoallergenic blankets and pillows.

I would most definitely stay here again and recommend it highly

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Maine
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel as we were attending a concert at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield. The hotel was well located, but a little difficult to get back to as it is on a divided highway road. Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. My only issues with the room were that the pillows were not very supportive and the curtains on the windows do not block out the morning sun. This was an issue since we got back from the concert late and did not want to be awake at 5:00 in the morning.

The pool and hot tub were very nice and it was good that they had a lifeguard on duty as the pool was filled with young girls as there was also a boy band concert at nearby Gillette Stadium.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.

We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is quite nice and live up to the Sheraton standards. The rooms (booked 3 for 1 night stay for family traveling) were a bit smaller than I expected but very clean and modern. Staff were friendly and helpful. Free newspaper delivered to your room in the morning. The breakfast is a bit expensive ($30) but the service and quality is good (with a omelette station made to order). The heated indoor pool with the hot tub were great way to reflex at the end of the day. The hotel is a bit difficult to spot from the road/highway as the sign is obscured by the overgrowth of trees. I missed the turn first time around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Four Points by Sheraton Norwood is a conveniently located Conference Center right off the Boston-Providence Turnpike (Route 1). I first stayed at this property 5 years ago when my son got married in Sharon, MA> We had an after wedding brunch there that was FIRST RATE! Our travels to the Boston area have not brought us back to this property until June, 2014. Not only was the bed comfy, the room clean and a wonderful size with plenty of room for all of my things, but the staff was amazing! Tauny, Megan, Ashley and John at the front desk always wore smiles and had kind words when I returned each day. The shuttle driver, Ron was the best! I felt like I had a tour with history of the area each time I hopped inside the van. Thank you, Four Points-we will see you a lot more often since my son and his family are moving to Walpole!
Note: Coffee every morning in the lobby with a person to serve you!! What a fabulous way to start any day! There are also a couple of restaurants in the lobby. Close to shopping at Legacy Place.

Room Tip: Any room that I have had has been quiet. I might want to stay away from the pool area which might b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Southwest Connecticut
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had the opportunity to spend two nights here for a business meeting. Overall, the hotel is clean and well thought out. It is attached to a conference center, and so because of that, it is usually fairly busy.

My room, although a little smaller than a normal hotel room, was comfortable with enough storage space. The air conditioner was quiet and efficient. The bathroom was a decent size, with a walk-in shower. This shower had a raised lip around it and so that prevented any water from seeping out onto the bathroom floor.

This hotel, since it is also a conference center, has a decent, not great, but a decent restaurant in the lobby. The One Bistro has decent food, although I do believe it is somewhat overpriced. But then again, it's part of a conference center.

If you do want to go out to eat, you will need a car, as there is nothing within walking distance. But there are plenty of restaurants, including chains, all within a 5 to 7 minute drive near the hotel.

Check-in and check-out was quick and easy. The staff was pleasant and friendly enough.

Overall, this was a very good experience. Much better than I have experienced from other Four Points Hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Aquebogue, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Not being that familiar with the area nor especially loyal to a particular hotel chain, we booked by 3rd party provider and wound up at this hotel. Part of my consideration was the fact that they offer free parking and wireless internet service, something that was advertised on the 3rd party website. (Nothing bothers me more than getting a great rate for a hotel room only to have it driven up later by exorbitant fees charged for parking and internet usage!) After receiving the selection we checked the reviews and most were very good, putting us at ease. Ultimately, the reviews proved to be spot on. :-)

We arrived on Friday afternoon for a weekend stay and found out that the room that we reserved through the 3rd party did not have a king bed, something that we've grown very accustomed to when travelling. So we opted to upgrade for a nominal fee of $20/night which we thought to be very fare considering how low the rate was through the 3rd party. In addition, Jerry, the desk attendant that registered us, was very helpful and reminded me to register with my SPG guest number and then updated the outdated information that was on file.

When we got to the room, it was cool (a/c was on), clean, decent size, and very comfortable. The bathroom was large and clean with a walk-in, full-size shower with a very nice, hard spraying shower head, a single sink, and a small, very low, toilet (only complaint with the room!)

Not having any plans for the evening, we decided to try the in-door pool and hot-tub on the 1st floor. There was a pool attendant on-duty, ample seating and chaises, and table service available should we have wanted to eat or drink anything. The pool was very comfortable and seemed like salt-water. The hot tub was large and very relaxing. The pool towels however were small and very hard, obviously dried on very high heat. They also would have benefited from being laundered with more bleach and fabric softener as they didn't have that fresh, clean smell that pool towels should have.

We saw that the restaurant attached to the hotel, One Bistro, had a 1-1/2 lb. stuffed Lobster special for a very reasonable price so we decided to make 7:30 dinner reservations; good idea as it was very crowded when we arrived at 7:15. We waited a bit but not too long. The lobster special was delicious as was the rib-eye special and both were very reasonably priced considering the restaurant is attached to the hotel lobby. Service was great also.

When we were packing to check out of the hotel on Sunday morning, we noticed that one of our bags that we had left on the floor near the air conditioner was very wet, obviously from the a/c unit condensation that hadn't drained properly. Recognizing that these things do happen, we advised the desk attendant who was most apologetic and assured me that they would take care of the problem right away. Although there was no damage to any of our things, it was very clear to me by the response of the attendant that the hotel would have responded very appropriately if there was.

Overall, I give this hotel very high marks and would not hesitate for a minute, to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MSCM2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham

Been to The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center

Property: The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 1125 Boston Providence Tpke, Norwood, MA 02062-5001
Region: United States > Massachusetts > Norwood
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center 3.5*
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood is between Boston and Providence and is easily accessible from both airports. We're near New England corporate offices and have 30 professional meeting rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Four Points By Sheraton Norwood Hotel Norwood