“Great hotel, professional staff”

Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night when visiting for the football game. Room was very clean and well equipped with everything you might need (including a fully equipped kitchenette). Staff was very professional and helpful.
Small, but good fitness room and the swimming pool is open 24hrs.
Pleasant stay definitely will return if in the area in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
najwamurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Thank you for your response about your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed Gillette Stadium while you were here, and the great attractions Patriots Place has to offer. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities including the pool and fitness center.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

6 day stay-so in depth look. Totally up to high expectation. Good location right off Rt 1. Can do-well trained staff, always smiling & pleasant. CLEAN well appointed rooms, with every possible ammenity. Fitness center & small pool/whirlpool. Ample parking--immediate salting of walks & driveways during & after snow. Kitchenette clean & well equiped. Free high speed internet; ample elevator; spacious eating area--typical residence food. VERY reasonable rate. Will stay here again & again. 3 more stays already booked. You can't do better!

Room Tip: Top Floor probably quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while staying at our hotel. Route 1 is a great area to be close to with its variety in restaurants and shopping. It makes us happy to know that while you were away from home you were able to relax and have a wonderful stay. We would love for you to stay again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was my 2nd time there. The renovated suites are very nice. Good beds, nice linens, excellent lighting, etc. extremely clean everywhere. Breakfast buffet is just fair. Need a better way to keep food hot. I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I always enjoy a stay at a Residence Inn but this one in is especially nice. Recently updated rooms, super friendly and helpful staff, an upscale breakfast (scrambled eggs or egg whites) and a fairly palatable dinner as well. It's surely my favorite hotel in the area. I look forward to my stays at this pleasantly predictable hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't need the privacy I suggest the open suites versus the suites with separate bedroom...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First off I would like to say that this hotel was out of this world, clean great rooms, food was fantastic, and staff overall was great.

There is only one negative that I can point out. During my stay I had a breif encounter with a young ladt who worked at the front desk, she was nice enough, but seemed almost fake, and would do anything to get me away from the desk when we spoke. But the real issue came later on. When I was going out to my car I saw this same young lady out back smoking with someone who I am guessing was her mother, first off this young lady had the vocab of a sailor swearing left and right as her and her mother smoked away, second off even though she had a coat on her breasts were basicly hanging out of her tank top underneath. Shamefull. I am not sure if that was indeed her mother picking her up but she was no better. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. I believe her name started with a S perhaps Stacy. Bottom line is know your surroundings.

But the saving grace from this experience was the young gentelman Michael at the front desk, not only did he greet us with a smile every time we saw him, when we asked him questions thoughout the night he was involved and seemed like he really wanted to help. I believe he was a manager and this is part of his job but he really made me and my family feel welcome. Mean while Stacy only made my son feel good with the peep show!

Over all great stay! Michael and the house keeping staff are super stars! Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nice residence inn, updated and fresh. Can be tricky to find if you don't know the area. Pleasant staff. Housekeeping does an excellent job. I liked the updated vanity area and the bathroom which the towel rack on the wall instead of right above the toilet like most hotels ! I had a comfortable stay, the only issue was noise form the room upstairs, it sounded like someone heavy was stomping up there, perhaps the insulation could be improved. Overall, a very nice property.

Room Tip: First floor makes it easy to get stuff in and out of the car but has noise from the upstairs floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Elizabeth Falci... C, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

I would like to take this time to personally thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Norwood by Marriott. We know that you have many choices when traveling and your business is very much appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and that our hotel property and staff exceeded your expectations.

For any future reservations please don’t hesitate to contact me or my front desk team here at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing Marriott, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hotel is nicely updated and remodeled. The front desk staff were extremely helpful. Easy access to Route 1 and Rt95. Lots of restaurants nearby and even a huge grocery store (Stop&Shop).
I would definitely stay here again if I was going to be in the area!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Hilton Boston Dedham

Been to Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton? Share your experiences!