“Hampton Inn Norwood”

Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was greeted and was told the room I booked was not available. The staff proceded to upgrade my room significantly at no added charge Very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was clean and had an excellent selection. the buffet was over at 10 am and I came at 9:45 and the food was still pleantiful and fresh. The staff was very pleasant and courteous

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy P

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I have stayed in many hotels in the last few years in a few different states. This is, by far, the most comfortable hotel due to their attention to detail and above friendly service. The hotel is located in a safe convenient location. The room is clean, spacious and comfortable. Our room had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast is delicious and the egg dishes are rotated out so if you are staying more than one night you are not eating the same thing. In the evening they put out cookies, tea and coffee which was great after a long day sight seeing in the rain. The main reason I booked this room was due to the shuttle service that is offered by this hotel. All you do is tell the front desk when you need the shuttle and the shuttle comes to the front door of the hotel. The shuttle takes you to the train station. The train takes you to south station where you can then catch a bus or take the subway to the airport or Boston. We both highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was a surprise getaway gift for my husband and we loved it. The staff really helped me to plan a very nice stay. I was so nervous, even though we had stayed at other Hampton Inns. The idea was to stay near the Boston area (to save costs for my gift budget); then to go to great restaurants, maybe to the beach, play golf, etc. It worked! The room and hotel was in great shape; and the view of the back 9 of the golf course was nice to see at daybreak with the sunrise. We enjoyed the breakfast and we like the set up of the dining area because there was room to eat and feel a measure of privacy -not like some hotels where the guests are crammed in at breakfast. We did use the exercise room. Very tiny with only 4 or 5 machines and some training balls. However, no one was there but us, so hubby used the treadmill and I used the recumbent bike, while we view the World Cup. The pool: length is decent; but for me, it was very shallow at only 3.5 feet deep (entire pool). My husband doesn't swim or really exercise in pools, so he loved it. (Which that's what it's obviously designed for : chillin' and splashin'). As for me, I workout in a pool regularly ( water aerobics and aqua jogging in a 25 yard pool that's 4 to 10 feet deep). So this hotel pool was 'meh' for my needs -but I won't lower my review because of my specific needs. I adapted: I attempted to jog through the water and managed to get a good work out in about 25 minutes. The hot tub was hot, although not as hot as I'm used to. The size is adequate for the 6 people who were in it. It would be a little cramped for more people, though. Overall, I believe the pool area still needs attention. It looked a little worn and lackluster. I also thought that the hours for the pool were extremely limited on weekdays: 5pm-10pm only. I really wanted to swim during the morning, like I've done at other hotels, without a problem. However, here, they only open the pool when the lifeguard is on duty. So during the week, it's in the evening:( In conclusion, we had a great time at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable, room was very clean, overall service was excellent (even when something went wrong with the micro/fridge I ordered), and the value was excellent for being in the Boston area AND being on MY budget for this 'getaway gift' for my husband. Yes, we would recommend.

1  Thank Bernadine P
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I highly recommend Hampton Inns, They are always clean and you can count on the beds being comfortable and clean. Business or vacation Hampton Inn is always my first choice. I travel for business about 15 weeks a year and I can always count on Hampton inns, there always seems to be one right down the street from where I'm working, and the breakfast wow what a deal. Keep up the good work Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We reserved a block of rooms for our wedding guests at the Hampton Inn Norwood. It was a great deal - the group rate was very reasonable for the area and the rooms were beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The bridal and parent suites (upgrades to a suit are included in the package) were HUGE and great for entertaining other wedding guests and getting ready for the wedding, if you wished. Hotel staff were helpful, friendly, and attended to everything we needed throughout the weekend - even provided champagne to say congrats the day after our wedding! The lobby where the complimentary hotel breakfast is served is huge and was more than big enough to accommodate our guests and the other guests at the hotel the day after our wedding, so we were able to save a little cash by not having to have a formal wedding brunch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hampton Inn Boston Norwood is a friendly oasis in the city. I came in late from a trip, accidentally lost my parking ticket at Logan Express, and so was further detained from a needed night's sleep. The hotel staff gave me directions and kind reassurance when I needed them, and was waiting for me upon my arrival with a warm greeting. I was assigned a magnificent room which boosted my discouragement with the difficult travel. Further, when booking my hotel I chose this one because of the sincere exchange with the representative. The entire experience was a surprise that a hotel chain can elicit a home town feeling. Thank you. It was uplifting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. On the downside, the room was incredibly noisy- not only the AC unit but we were alongside the elevator shaft and the room almost vibrated as the elevator moved up and down, despite us calling a month before our stay and asking for the quietest room possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Boston Dedham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood? Share your experiences!