“Yummy noises while table dancing!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Sidecar Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Yummy noises while table dancing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

When you put that first bite in your mouth and something happens that has never happened before, you know you are in the right restaurant. While on our yearly Martha's Vineyard get away with friends (Nancy & Dennis) along with my husband Paul, we wanted to go some place different than a tavern. We actually planned on going to another restaurant, but, they could not take us, The Red Kat Kitchen.(their loss) as we walked up Kennebec St. my husband noticed a little place where people were eating out on a little patio it was called the Sidecar Cafe & Bar. We walked in and asked if they had room for four people and they said yes, our private party room is not in use we can seat you their. That was cool and quirky. really fun. They poured us water took our drink order and then our appetizers. We ordered the deviled eggs, a surprise to see on the menu. Delicious, When our meals arrived I took that first bite and started spontaneously dancing in my chair and making yummy noises!!!! Honest to God! then I realized the others were doing the same thing. It was the best meal I ever had. I ordered the flat iron stake with these little potatoes and roasted asparagus, I know it sounds simple and maybe it was but the flavors and the precise cooking of everything was excellent. It also makes a huge difference to have food right from the farm to the table. We had been speaking to the woman who came in to ask how things were for quite some time when we discovered she was part owner of the restaurant. Sam, (Sam I Am) she was social, sweet and very very funny. We asked if we could buy the chef a drink and she said he would love that. (shot of Jamison) a few minutes later the Chef came out to thank us and we spoke with him for a while, we told him how terrific his food was and he was very happy to hear it. His name is Jeff and he is 6'5 and very talented chef. So the next visit to Oak Bluffs run don't walk to the Side Car Cafe on Kennebec St. Ann Ferlad

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not that great!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

The reason my family and I decided to go there because of all of the good reviews written. The food was not good at all! Not sure what all the rave is all about. Below standard!

Suffern, New York
“YUM!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Fantastic food and the service was excellent! Yummy Lobster Mac n Cheese that was big enough to feed 3!!! (but we all had our own entrees). Definitely recommendation for your stay on Martha's Vineyard

Visited July 2013
Vermont
“YUCK.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Terrible service. No hostess available. Sat out on the deck, which was the only good part of our evening. Waitress sucked. No plates, utensils or napkins were set for us. I stole a set off a table in the dining room. Cocktail was good. Ordered the Mushroom Cigars, took 2 bites. YUCK. Tasted like a cigar. Left the un-eaten food on the table, got our check and left. I would never go back.

River Vale, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Velveeta lobster Mac & Cheese”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I dined here last week. We had read the reviews and had heard the plates were small but the lobster Mac & cheese is very good. The place is small and charming. My husband ordered the fish special and liked it very much. I ordered the Mac and cheese and there was hardly any lobster in it. That wasn't so much the problem but the issue was that it tasted and looked like easy Mac once you got through the pile high of breadcrumbs. I have to say the presentation was deceiving but I have never left this much food on my plate. Worth a shot if you don't order the Mac and cheese.

• 4 of 5 bubbles