“Delightful!”
Review of Admiral Benbow Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Admiral Benbow Inn
Ranked #13 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
“Delightful!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this beautiful inn. The inn keeper was more than accomodating from the minute I arrived allowing me to check in way before Check in time and even offered me breakfast at my arrival! Our room was beautifully decorated and so bright and cheery with lace curtains, high ceilings and a spotless and spacious bathroom. We walked the short walk to town and thoroughly enjoyed all that Oak bluffs had to offer. We found our bed to be very comfortable and slept well. In the morning I enjoyed a delicious breakfast consisting of; bagels, English muffins and cranberry muffins, assorted cereal, yogurt and the best fresh fruit salad with every type of fruit you could think of in it. I highly recommend this inn and would love to return someday.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Camden, Maine
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a great place to stay right in the heart of Oak Bluffs. The room we stayed in (room #1)
was very spacious and had a private bath. Breakfast was great! We did bring our car so we were happy there was ample parking as well. Loved the hospitality and great laid back feel!

Room Tip: Room 1 seemed to be the largest room, 2 queens, very nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Cordova, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I dare anyone to find a better stay on the island than the Admiral Benbow. The owners are really nice and so great. The rooms are lovely and extremely clean. I loved that each room had its own bathroom and the location is so convenient and easy to find! I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a new england b&b that's clean, sweet, and with great service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carissa C
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Our rooms were clean and comfortable and the price was right. The hotel was a little out of the way - a good walk back to town or beach area. We barely saw the innkeepers except at check-in and check-out. If that's what you want this place is great. We like to stay at B&Bs where the innkeepers are friendly and become part of the experience - not the case here. Breakfast was also mediocre by B&B standards - we are used to much better. And again - it was really a serve yourself experience. We would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My fiance and I stayed here memorial day weekend and everything was great! It was about a 10 minute walk to the main center of Oak Bluffs. It was also about a 10-15 minute bike ride to Vineyard Haven. The room was very clean and spacious. There is no tv but we did not need one. The owners were really nice and let us check in early. This inn is perfect for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Blue Bell
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This place was great. The décor throughout was very attractive and our room on the first floor was very spacious. I was a little hesitant when I read a few reviews as we were looking at different places. Some people just love to complain. This is someone’s business. I found those negative reviews inaccurate. Yes there was a hose there when we visited. It was to there to water their beautiful garden. This is a husband and wife B&B not the Ritz. This couple was very helpful and my wife and I enjoyed everything about the stay. The only thing I would mention that the breakfast was average but typical to many that we had stayed at before. We stay at many B&B”s as we have been to Europe three times in the past ten years and found the Benbow Inn lived up to the positive reviews.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank witley33
Randolph, VT
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My feelings about the inn are very much colored by the fact that I need a firm mattress and ended up having to sleep on the floor for two nights because the inn not only had none but had no cots either.

That said, I found the inn pretty disappointing in other respects as well. The first room I had (#2) was small, dark and ugly. The bathroom was falling apart. The second night I took my daughter's room, #5, which had a slightly firmer mattress -- not firm enough, as it turned out -- but the room itself was bright, spacious and well-decorated. So be careful which room you ask for. The breakfast was adequate but not memorable. If you want a cup of coffee or tea after the breakfast period you are own your own. They make no provision, which a lot of places do. I just went into the kitchen and helped myself. The first key they gave me for the front door did not work and they were pretty miffed when I woke them up (around 10:30 pm) because I could not get into the house. (U might add it took a lot of bell ringing and pounding to get them downstairs to open the door. Generally you get the feeling they want to be put out as little as possible. The Inn is a relatively short walk from town and I liked the location for personal reasons. But it is right on the street and noisy. There is no air conditioning and if you have the ill-luck to be there in unseasonably cold weather, as I was, don't expect heat. They also have no space heaters..

Room Tip: Room #5 is lovely
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Madison Inn
Madison Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Admiral Benbow Inn? Share your experiences!