“Extremely pleased with my stay at Dockside~”
Review of The Dockside Inn

The Dockside Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
“Extremely pleased with my stay at Dockside~”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Very happy I chose to stay at Dockside Inn during my last visit to Martha's Vineyard. My room was spotless, the bed was very comfortable with nice linens, the shower had excellent pressure (which is a huge plus in my book), and I appreciated the light blocking blinds on the windows. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the free coffee bar is a great idea. I will definitely stay at the Dockside Inn again in the future!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ZekeVT68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Just stayed at the Dockside for our annual "birthday" weekend with my husband. Even though we have stayed on the Vineyard for years we had never known about the Dockside--a lovely, waterfront hotel in Oak Bluffs. The location is fantastic (right near the ferry stop), with views of the harbor and steps to all the happenings in Oak Bluffs. But, the best part was how friendly and welcoming Kathy and John (owners) were to us. We really felt "at home", yet the room was extremely clean and had nice amenities. So, best of both worlds--cozy, yet high end. The place also has a sunny guest snack, hang out room, and a hot tub (which we didn't use). Overall, a great option. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Off season I recommend the water view rooms. On season these rooms may be a bit noisy since hotel is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband and I will be staying at The Dockside Inn in June of this year and wanted some extra input on what room to choose. I am from Mass but havent been to MV in a good while and wanted some additional info about the Inn. We were in between choosing room 24 or room 35 so I left a voicemail last night asking about the rooms, views etc. The owner (John) called me back this morning. I wasnt able to call him back until this evening after work and to say he was helpful was an understatement! He walked me through each rooms amenities, where they were located on the property and description of water view. He even took time out of his evening not only to answer all of my questions but also took extra pictures of the rooms and what the water view consisted of from every vantage point. Needless to say, I was beyond pleased with his assistance and effort in making sure we had just the right accomadations we wanted. Room 35 is GORGEOUS, has beautiful water views and accomadates 3 people. Room 24 is also AMAZING with great water views but is more suited for 2 people. Since we didnt need the extra space we went with room 24 but I obvioulsy highly recomend either one. I saw an earlier review of Room 35 that wasnt very favorable and can can attest to the fact that isnt the case at all, its beautiful and had extra room to spare! We are going with my cousin and her husband and this is their 2nd trip to the Dockside Inn and they love it! I will follow up with another review after our stay but all I can say is John was the most helpful and kind person and obviously runs an amazing Inn, even from afar with customers in NC trying to make a simple room decision. We cant wait for June! Looking forward to my trip back home even more now! Thanks again for all your help John!!

Room Tip: Rooms 29, 35 and 24 are amazing!! Dont hesitate to ask if unsure about any other ones though! Will p...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Caleb_Caldwell, Owner at The Dockside Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
These guests haven't even stayed at the Dockside Inn yet but they have already experienced the really exceptional customer service that we are well known for. John takes seriously his position as co-owner and our "Chief of Comfort' and it is reflected in a review such as this. We know Martha's Vineyard is a long way from home for many of our guests and, especially for those who are visiting the Vineyard for the first time, getting general questions answered about the island, as well as specific questions answered about our inn, is of the utmost importance. If you're gonna come all this way to stay with us, the least we can do is absolutely anything required to make your journey here, and your stay with us, as well-informed, convenient, and low-stress as possible. Welcome to the Dockside Inn Experience!
boston
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Okay where do you start... the proximity to EVERY stinking thing is amazing?? We love the Dockside and all people that come with it; John, Caleb, Tiffany, Kathy, Kat, Etc.... the BEST. We stayed at all three properties last Summer and just booked 2013. You can not complain justifiably about anything unless you are a nit-picky-pain in the butt... sorry. But that is reality. I am so sick of reading reviews which pick apart stupid things. Go to the Vineyard. Enjoy the food, location and weather..... relax.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank heatherwl
Well, we REALLY appreciate this reviewers simple candor, and we couldn't agree more; we ARE close to everything, we ARE super friendly, and all THREE of our affiliated hotels (including the Madison Inn and the Nashua House Hotel) are really well run properties and are the best value in their price range on Martha's Vineyard. All three properties offer superb in-town location, friendly staff, and thoroughly comfortable and tasteful furnishings and amenities. Come, enjoy the food, location, and weather!
North Shore, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is THE hotel to stay at! My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway and The Dockside Inn did not disappoint! The staff was amazing and very helpful! They made us feel right at home. Loomis, the virtual concierge, helped us find all of the islands hidden jewels. Chic decor and exceptional service. We look forward to returning to The Dockside! Top Notch!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kerry D
Thank you for mentioning how valuable our virtual concierge Loomis was to your stay. Loomis is unique to the Dockside Inn and is available at no other hotel on Martha's Vineyard. Upon check-in our guests are provided with a proprietary phone number to text to that puts them in direct contact with a live Martha's Vineyard concierge who has the answer to any Vineyard related question, from 'Where's the best lobster dinner?" to "How do I get to the Gingerbread cottages?" to "What channel is Dr. Oz on?". Having Loomis' phone number is like having your own personal Martha's Vineyard travel guide!
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family and i stayed here in aug/12...This place is so amazing, they thought of every detail when doing their upgrades. Our room was 35which is above an old garage/ carriage house. It was perfect for myself,husband and 3 yr old. Every morning they have pastries and fruit out for breakfast...AND a keurig coffee maker with tons of different types of favors to choose from. (All included in ur room cost). They also have freeze pops tucked away that my son was thrilled about! They also have coolers..beach chairs...and toys for the beach which is such an added bonus because nobody wants to drag those extras on the ferry!! Did I mention they have a jacuzzii AND an outside shower that would put regular indoor showers to shame!! i could go on and on about this place...it is one of my favorite hotels to stay at. ONE downfall is that it books so fast in the summer,especially August that you literally have to book for next year when your checking out or really soon after! The room I wanted is already booked for this August (8 months away). Along with the majority of all the other rooms as well. SO BOOK FAST!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Albany, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We were here in July and had the best time. The Dockside is in a great location and close to everything we wanted to do. The rooms were clean and all we needed as we spent most time running around the island. Cannot wait to go back this summer

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Nashua House Hotel
Nashua House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs

Been to The Dockside Inn? Share your experiences!