“Best trip ever !”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Best trip ever !”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

There are times you look on trip advisor and you wonder to yourself can this inn be so nice well I can honestly say it is.i recently celebrated my 60th birthday at the pequot with dear and close freinds we rented the apartment which was just perfect for the two couples
I sat in the patio both days and met other travelers from all over the world drinking homemade lemonade and homemade chocolate cookies and boy are they good,wonderful brunch in the morning was just what we needed.i can't say enough about the staff (they were wonderful.i had a perfect birthday weekend I I intend to come back you won't be disappointed

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Bigfella617,

Thank YOU for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Pequot. I am absolutely delighted that you so enjoyed yourself and that your birthday was a memorable one. We hope to help you celebrate 61!

Please call me directly when it is time to reserve your room so I can best assist you in choosing your accommodation, although it would seem our three bedroom apartment suited your needs well.I'm so glad that it did!

I hope the rest of your summer is enjoyable,
Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

For my first trip to Martha's Vineyard, I chose the Pequot - largely because it looked like it had some personality and it had good ratings on here. I was definitely happy with the choice.

Close to the Oak Bluffs ferry and seconds from the center of town, the Pequot was a good place to set up camp. Though the weather didn't cooperate, the hotel is like a one minute walk from the beach, too.

Staff were amazingly nice and check-in was super easy. Cookies, iced tea, lemonade and coffee at 2pm every day? Nice touch. The front porch was welcoming and offered a great place to decompress and regroup after a morning of sightseeing.

The room we had (39, 3rd floor) was small but cozy - more than adequate to rest your head. It may have gotten "too small" for a longer stay, but for a night or two, it was perfect. Walls are THIN...as in we could clearly hear what our neighbors were watching. Either by luck or because of the commune-feel of the place, by quiet time (11pm,) the TV was off (or way down,) and a good night's sleep was had.

The expanded continental breakfast was truly expanded - fruits, bagels, English muffins, house made muffins and quiches, cereals, hot oatmeal with fresh fruit toppings.... Amazing. If we hadn't gone out to a big breakfast, I'd have taken full advantage.

In short, the Pequot was comfy and comforting...I can hardly wait to get back to the Vineyard and stay at the Pequot for longer than one night.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corey G
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Corey G,

I'm so very pleased that the Pequot Hotel helped to make your first trip to Martha's Vineyard so enjoyable. I hope it will be the first trip of many!

Thank you for the kind words, for staying with us, and for the heads-up on the review response. I really appreciate all three! (-:

I'm glad you would like to return and will certainly look forward to it. Please call us directly when you are ready to book as we always love to chat with our guests! Calling directly also enables us to ensure that the room chosen is appropriate for your needs.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer and that you return soon to Martha's Vineyard.
Until then,
My warmest regards,
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel had lots of charm and was very clean and very convenient to town ! We loved the breakfast and afternoon tea and cookies! The staff was great and we enjoyed meeting friendly people! We would recommend staying here .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tanya S
Clinton
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here on a recent trip to Martha's Vineyard. We arrived prior to the check in time. But, we were pleasantly surprised to find that there were restrooms available for us to use. That included the ability to shower if we needed to. Additionally, we were able to leave our bags there while we walked around town. Our room was actually available about an hour and a half prior to the scheduled time.

The room was a twin bedded room on the second floor of the main part of the inn. We were fortunate to have the only room that had a balcony. The room was very quaint and perfectly comfortable for our overnight stay. The ONLY issue we had was that the room was a little stuffy. It would have been nice had the door to the balcony had a screen in it that so that we could leave the door open and get some fresh air in the room.

The continental breakfast was wonderful. In fact, it deserves more than to be called a continental breakfast. There was something for everyone.

The staff was very pleasant and extremely competent. The women at the front desk were very knowledgeable about the area and quite accommodating. I was very impressed by how well run the breakfast was. The staff was very unobtrusive, yet everything continually stocked and refreshed.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Pequot another time when I visit Martha's Vineyard.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Jordianne,

Thank you so much for choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation and thank you taking the time to comment on your stay.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed room 12, and in particular it's private balcony. Many of our repeat guests request that room specifically for that very reason Thank you for your suggestion about the screen door. It is spot on, a great idea and already on the maintenance list. Next time you visit you will be able to enjoy the sea-scented breeze wafting through the door!

I will share your comments regarding breakfast with Nadir and Nichola. They are the team members responsible for its preparation and presentation and it will please both to know you enjoyed their efforts. Thank you for mentioning them!

When you are ready to book your next stay, please call directly so we can best assist you and provide to you the excellent customer service that you and all of our guests deserve.

Until then,
My warmest regards,
Linden, Michigan
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I spent 3 delightful nights at the Pequot Hotel. We arrived with our bicycles and backpacks from Falmouth and it was a short 15 minute walk to the hotel. We arrived before noon, and our room wasn't ready (which we realized it wouldn't be yet). The front desk staff were very accommodating - inviting us to have breakfast (which was still being served) and to feel free to use their restroom facilities. We stored our luggage in the main room; behind the furniture - which was very safe.

There was a bike rack just outside where we locked up our bicycles. We headed into downtown Oak Bluffs and later in the afternoon returned to the hotel to check into our room. We had room # 32 which was in the annex area - the room was small, yet cozy, and was spacious enough for the 2 of us for 3 nights. The continental breakfast each morning was outstanding - quiches, scones, homemade muffins, cereals, yogurt, juices and coffees and the dining area was spacious.

Each afternoon homemade chocolate chip cookies awaited our return, along with lemonade, coffee and iced tea. We always took advantage of the yummy cookies and took them, along with our beverages to the spacious porch area where we relaxed in the rocking chairs.

The last day we were there we had to check out of our room by 11 am, however once again the staff offered to have us store our luggage, and leave our bikes outside, while we explored some of the "gingerbread cottages" in Oak Bluffs (since our ferry back to Falmouth did not depart until 2:15 pm).

We would definitely stay at the Pequot again if we returned to Martha's Vineyard. It was a very clean, well kept facility that had an outstanding staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mifan011
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear mifan011,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and am very happy that you would like to return someday. We will certainly look forward to that!

You mentioned that you arrived from Falmouth with your bicycles. I hope that you were able to explore the more than thirty miles of paved bike paths that traverse the Vineyard. The many paths provide a variety of experiences and beautiful scenery. The ride from Oak Bluffs to Edgartown is a favorite, with Sengekontacket Pond on one side and Nantucket Sound on the other. Also lovely is a pedal through the State Forest or a ride to Katama (South Beach) through Edgartown. All beautiful in their own way, so hope you were able to experience them!

I'm pleased that storing your luggage in the lobby before check-in and after check-out was helpful to you. We are always happy when guests are able to maximize their time here and whatever we are able to do to ensure that, we are happy to do. We also have showers and rest rooms that are available for guest use as well during the before check- in and after check-out times.

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay and thank you so much for staying with us. it was indeed our pleasure!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here just for one night but would have gladly stayed longer. Parking is easy and it's a short walk from the main strip in Oak Bluffs (Circuit St). The welcome was warm and arriving Friday was particularly nice as they served complimentary wine and cheese on the deck to meet the other folk in the hotel. Very jolly. The room was clean, comfortable and well-equipped and the staff couldn't have been more helpful with suggestions and advice when we asked. The breakfast wasn't particularly exciting, but the help-yourself coffee, yoghurt, muffins and cereal was perfectly fine. A little gem.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cairoken
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Peqout Hotel. My husband and I stayed here with another couple. We shared a two story suite with them. The rooms were very charming and comfortable. I found the hotel, our room and the bathroom to be very clean. The staff was great. Nancy was very helpful by giving us resturants suggestions and how to navigate the island. We thought the breakfast was delicious and had a nice variety of items to pick from. I also loved the yummy chocolate chip cookies that were offered in the afternoon. The location of the hotel was within walking distance to lots of shops, many great resturants, the beach, the ferry and a beautiful park. We had a relaxing stay and so much fun. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Thankful119,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Pequot. I'm happy to read that you were pleased with your visit and that you would like to return one day. We certainly would love to see you all again!

Thank you for mentioning Nancy. She is indeed, a wealth of knowledge regarding where to visit, play and dine here on MV and is happy to share her insights with Pequot guests. I will be sure to pass on your kind words of praise to her!

When you are ready to book your next stay, please call directly as the larger rooms and suites such as room 9 (where you stayed), can be booked only over the phone, not online. And more importantly, we always welcome the opportunity to chat with our guests, returning and new alike.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Bluffs
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!