“Great location, Service, and Amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
New York City, New York
“Great location, Service, and Amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My stay at the Pequot this past weekend was unbelievable!! Coming from a hard to please traveler. Pequot is the standard we should measure all hotels by!! The location was perfect - close to the beach and to downtown Oak Bluff. The facility was impeccable and the staff was outstanding - Paulette provided a beach chair and umbrella for my walk to the beach, even ask if i needed beach towels!! I enjoyed the wide selection at breakfast, the warm chocolate cookies in the afternoon with ice tea and/or lemonade, wine and cheese early evening and memosa on Sunday morning. The veranda with rocking chairs and swing was perfect for relaxing and reading! The staff who cleaned my room "Amoya" I did not meet, but she left a note in room - Thank you.

Pequot Hotel will be my only choice on Martha's Vineyard in the future!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda T
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Linda T,

Thank you so much for the kind words you shared regarding your recent stay at the Pequot. I couldn't be any more pleased that you so enjoyed yourself and that the Pequot lived up to your admittedly high standards.

I will be sure and pass on your kind words to Team Pequot and in particular Paulette and Amoya, who are sisters. Paulette has been with us for four seasons and we are lucky to have her. Amoya was new last season and is following right along in here sister's footsteps! They will be happy to know that their efforts helped you to enjoy your stay. Thank you for mentioning them and thank you for choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation! We will all look forward to seeing you back next season!

Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Philly!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Every year I take my younger sister somewhere to celebrate her birthday. This year we decided on Martha's Vineyard and picked the Pequot based on the wonderful reviews - it exceeded our expectations by far!! We walked over from the ferry and check in was probably the easiest of any hotel I've been too recently. We were greeted by the extremely sweet manager, Lisa, who gave us a quick rundown of the essentials (i.e. Breakfast, etc...). Lisa asked the reason for our stay and we briefly mentioned that it was my sister's birthday. We headed to our room to set our things down and explore the area. When we got back to our room we discovered that Lisa had set up a bottle of wine complete with two glasses, party hats and birthday card for my sister! It was such a nice touch and something we will never forget. During our stay we enjoyed the fabulous expanded continental breakfast with homemade scones and quiche, as well as afternoon cookies (not to be missed) and lemonade. We were lucky enough to get a great beach day during our stay and the hotel had chairs, towels and an umbrella for us to use. On the mornings that it rained they also had a couple of umbrellas on hand for us to use too. I honestly can't say enough good things about this hotel - cute, cozy and relaxing with staff and a manager that went above and beyond to make our stay special!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mycousinbrynnie
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear mycousinbrynnie Philly,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Pequot. I was so pleased to read that your visit here exceeded your expectations. That is indeed our wish for all of our guests!

It was truly a pleasure watching you and your sister enjoy your time together while celebrating her birthday. I, myself, have three sisters so I completely understand how precious "sistertime" is. I'm glad the Pequot provided you the place to enjoy each others company while exploring Martha's Vineyard. I hope we will see you back next season to celebrate again!

My very warmest regards,
Lisa

I hope we will see you both back next season to celebrate again!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I cannot express enough how wonderful this hotel was. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. From the fresh cookies, expansive continental breakfast, wine and cheese night, mimosa's on Saturday morning to the adorable furnishings and atmosphere. I will definitely stay here again should I return to Martha's Vineyard. LOVED IT!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Tina L.,

And we LOVED having you stay with us!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will certainly pass them on to Team Pequot.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer,
My kindest regards,
Pisgah Forest,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

What a treasure The Pequot is! Friendly and helpful staff, lovely rooms, delicious buffet breakfasts, great location to beach and town, charming neighborhood, I could go on and on. This was my second year there with a week long visit each time and I hope to return annually. I felt very well taken care of including my need for gluten free. I also appreciated the choice of almond milk. My friends enjoyed the assorted quiches, cranberry scones, and blueberry muffins. Plus the chocolate chip cookies every afternoon along with coffee, tea or refreshing lemonade or iced tea on the hotter days. The bath towels are big and plush, the beds are very comfortable, and the porch rockers epitomize the relaxing atmosphere. I hope for many stays here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ClarePisgahForestNC
Delmar, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just got back from a long weekend (Weds. through Sunday) and enjoyed everything about this hotel (from the convenient morning breakfast to the afternoon cookie service). The staff is very accommodating to the guests requests. Lisa and the rest of the staff were always friendly and ready to listen and help.

Location is great, a very short walk to Circuit Ave shops and restaurants, and bus stop for traveling around the island.

We had our two month old sun with us and found this place to be very conducive to our needs.

Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Not all queen rooms are the same size, ask if you need a little more space.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Brian K.,

I'm so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to return someday. We will certainly look forward to that!

I will pass on your kind words to Team Pequot. Thank you! And thank you for choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation.

Until next time,
With my warmest regards,
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

There are times you look on trip advisor and you wonder to yourself can this inn be so nice well I can honestly say it is.i recently celebrated my 60th birthday at the pequot with dear and close freinds we rented the apartment which was just perfect for the two couples
I sat in the patio both days and met other travelers from all over the world drinking homemade lemonade and homemade chocolate cookies and boy are they good,wonderful brunch in the morning was just what we needed.i can't say enough about the staff (they were wonderful.i had a perfect birthday weekend I I intend to come back you won't be disappointed

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Bigfella617,

Thank YOU for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Pequot. I am absolutely delighted that you so enjoyed yourself and that your birthday was a memorable one. We hope to help you celebrate 61!

Please call me directly when it is time to reserve your room so I can best assist you in choosing your accommodation, although it would seem our three bedroom apartment suited your needs well.I'm so glad that it did!

I hope the rest of your summer is enjoyable,
With my warmest regards,
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

For my first trip to Martha's Vineyard, I chose the Pequot - largely because it looked like it had some personality and it had good ratings on here. I was definitely happy with the choice.

Close to the Oak Bluffs ferry and seconds from the center of town, the Pequot was a good place to set up camp. Though the weather didn't cooperate, the hotel is like a one minute walk from the beach, too.

Staff were amazingly nice and check-in was super easy. Cookies, iced tea, lemonade and coffee at 2pm every day? Nice touch. The front porch was welcoming and offered a great place to decompress and regroup after a morning of sightseeing.

The room we had (39, 3rd floor) was small but cozy - more than adequate to rest your head. It may have gotten "too small" for a longer stay, but for a night or two, it was perfect. Walls are THIN...as in we could clearly hear what our neighbors were watching. Either by luck or because of the commune-feel of the place, by quiet time (11pm,) the TV was off (or way down,) and a good night's sleep was had.

The expanded continental breakfast was truly expanded - fruits, bagels, English muffins, house made muffins and quiches, cereals, hot oatmeal with fresh fruit toppings.... Amazing. If we hadn't gone out to a big breakfast, I'd have taken full advantage.

In short, the Pequot was comfy and comforting...I can hardly wait to get back to the Vineyard and stay at the Pequot for longer than one night.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corey G
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Corey G,

I'm so very pleased that the Pequot Hotel helped to make your first trip to Martha's Vineyard so enjoyable. I hope it will be the first trip of many!

Thank you for the kind words, for staying with us, and for the heads-up on the review response. I really appreciate all three! (-:

I'm glad you would like to return and will certainly look forward to it. Please call us directly when you are ready to book as we always love to chat with our guests! Calling directly also enables us to ensure that the room chosen is appropriate for your needs.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer and that you return soon to Martha's Vineyard.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Bluffs
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!