“Home away from Home”
Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have stayed with the wonderful, always friendly staff at the Pequot Hotel in the past and this stay was no different. The staff will go out of their way to help you with travel plans and dinner reservations. Everything you need is there just waiting for you. Beach towels, beach chairs, blow dryers and fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies. The breakfast foods are always good and plentiful. We will return again to visit our Martha's Vineyard friends. Thank you all for making our stay so pleasant.

1  Thank cindik910
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear cindik910,

Thank YOU for once again choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation. It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us. We are already looking forward to your return!

I will be sure and pass on your kind words to all of Team Pequot. Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and until we meet again take good care!
With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is charming, friendly and very clean. The staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. The Continental breakfast is homey and delicious. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear SSALK,

And we will look forward to your return!

Enjoy the rest of your summer,
My best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Pequot in June and had a great experience. The location is hard to beat, 20 yards from the beach and main street of town. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and was very helpful providing recommendations for food and directions on how to get to various attractions. As everyone else mentioned, the cookies and lemonade are a nice touch to come back to after the beach. Overall we had a great time and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Lawsonw7,

I'm so pleased that you had such a great experience at the Pequot!

Thank you for the kind words, I will certainly share them with all of Team Pequot and we will all look forward to your return.

Until then,
My best regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We absolutely loved this place from the friendly staff to the lovely room we had it's definitely worth a visit. The location is perfect and would recommend the hotel and Oak bluffs to anyone thinking of visiting.

Room Tip: Room 20 was beautiful
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Pequot Hotel is a beautiful and unique hotel within a 5 minute walk of the center of Oak Bluffs and 1 minute walk to the town beach. From the check in, to the breakfast to the cleanliness of the room, the service was outstanding. The hotel provided beach chairs, umbrellas and towels upon request. They had a great breakfast with such a great variety that no one could be unhappy with the selections. There was hot coffee and hot water for tea and cocoa as well as cold lemonade and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies pretty much any time we were in the main building. The only reason I was not able to give this hotel a 5 rating was the actual hotel room. We were in the middle building and it was really small and dark. The air conditioning was very loud and did not work effectively and the room smelled kind of musty. The mattress was a little soft but was OK for a few nights. The sheets and towels were clean and new and the bathroom was not fancy but looked like it had recently had a modest face lift. Considering the good and the bad, I would definitely stay here again but would speak with the front desk when making the reservation to see if there might be a better room available.

Room Tip: Would speak with front desk to find best room option.
2  Thank world_citizen61
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear world_citizen61,

Thank you so much for the extremely thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed so much of what the Pequot has to offer.
You mentioned our expanded continental breakfast. I’m glad you appreciated the variety of healthy offerings including organic steel cut oats with all the fixings, yogurt, fruit, cereals, hard boiled eggs, freshly baked muffins, freshly baked scones, bagels, English muffins, and quiche. I hope you also had a chance to sample our baked French Toast a-la- Pequot, which is a new addition to our breakfast buffet this season, thanks to Pequot team member Nancy! Again, thank you for your kind words and I will be sure to pass them on to Nicky and Nadir, the team members who are responsible for the preparation and presentation of our breakfast buffet.

I am sorry that your room didn’t match your expectation. Our sincerest wish here at the Pequot is that all of our guests have a relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Certainly if we had known of the troublesome air conditioner in your room we would have switched it out with one of the new ones we keep stocked for that very purpose as we always try to be responsive to our guests’ needs.

Improving our guests’ experience is always our goal. Every year during the off-season, we make many improvements to the building and grounds. The middle building rooms are a work in progress with more improvements slated for this off-season. When you return next time, as you indicated was your intention, I think you will notice the changes. And you are correct, always best to speak to us directly about room preferences.

Again, thank you for your very thoughtful review. It is specific feedback such as you have provided that helps to continually improve, which is always our intention.
With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very friendly staff, Paulette and Betty were very helpful. We really enjoyed the friday night wine and cheese porch party. Perfect Location and great chocolate chip cookies............................

1  Thank Tia C
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Tia C,

Thank you so much for the nice compliment to Team Pequot, and in particular Paulette and Betty. We are fortunate to have them as part of our staff and I will certainly pass on your kind words to them! I'm glad you loved the cookies as well. We'll keep them warm for you!

Until next time,
My warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I spent 2 nights at the Pequot Hotel and am happy to say it exceeded my expectations. Having arrived from the ferry well before check-in time, the staff was very accommodating in offering a place to store my baggage and a place to freshen up before I set off on my bike. I found my room in the middle building to be quiet (I stayed on a Sunday and Monday) and more than adequate. I also appreciated the flexibility to enjoy breakfast either in their breakfast room or - better yet for a bit more peace and quiet - on the porch, in the courtyard, or in my room. Beach is within walking distance and the bus stop a couple of blocks up the road. It is clear why this is such a popular spot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Frohstock

Dear Frohstock,

Thank you for the very nice review of your recent stay at the Pequot. I am so very pleased that your visit exceeded your expectations. That is indeed our intention for each and every guest and is something that as a team, we work on daily. I’m happy that we were, in your opinion, successful.

I hope that this will be the first trip of many for you to the Pequot. Thank you so much for staying with us!

With my best regards,

#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
#1 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!