“Great Hotel in Martha's Vineyard”
Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel in my opinion is the best in Oaks Bluff. My daughter and I arrived a little too early to check in so the hotel staff gave us maps and ideas for site seeing. We walked around Oaks Bluff for a bit and then came back (with a bottle of wine) and sat in the rocking chairs on the front porch. It was very nice and relaxing. Others were also waiting and it was fun to visit with them. Our room was absolutely adorable. It was one of the two twin bed rooms and this one had a deck over the patio. We loved our little room. I live on the West Coast but have relatives in Vermont and this room reminded me of my time spent there…especially when we had a nice rain storm and could listen to it and smell the fresh air from our deck. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear 369NFerrari,

Thank you so much for the nice compliment! And more importantly, thank you for staying with us! It was certainly our pleasure to met you and your daughter and I hope that if your travels bring you back east, you will come to visit us again. I will try to arrange for some melodious raindrops on your roof!

My very best regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was surprised by my now husband with a quick weekend get away to Martha's Vineyard. He booked two nights at the Pequot for the Vineyard's opening week in May. The place was adorable and close enough to the main road, but not too close where you would have to hear all of the commotion. They had a wine tasting, where we had an opportunity to meet and chat with other guests, creating less of a hotel feel and more of a welcoming inn feel. The room was spacious and home-like. This soon became a place very close to our hearts because it is where my husband proposed, before we went out to a nice dinner in town. We hope to return soon, not only for the nostalgia and wonderful memories but also because it is a great little place with amazing service!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tricia M,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit in May. We feel truly honored to have been included in such and important and memorable event...your engagement! We wish you much happiness and send all our congratulations and best wishes to you both!

Maybe a honeymoon at The Pequot!?!

My very warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed in the Annex for 4 nights and we were already planning our return for the next year while were still there! The Pequot is a homey inn on a quiet windy street, lined with lovely historic houses, landscaped with an abundance of flowers. As others have mentioned, a breakfast spread and afternoon iced tea and lemonade with decadent chocolate chip cookies is a daily treat. Large covered porch with rockers and a porch swing- read a book or unwind! There is a bike rack if you bring or rent a bicycle. Parking seems tight, but who needs a car here?
Rooms in the annex are accessed up a very steep stairwell- the only negative I can mention. If this is a deal breaker...book early so that you can get a diff part of the hotel. These rooms are small, clean and air conditioned. No tv. Wifi in "lobby" area, not the room. Iron, hair dryer, boutique shampoos/conditioner provided. The Pequot also will provide you with beach chairs or blankets/towels for the beach. There are bathrooms with showers if you must check out, but still want to stay for the day.
The Pequot can not be faulted for location- stroll to the beach, the main drag for restaurants, shopping, Back Door Cafe/bakery, the Gingerbread historic houses, carousel, easy access to the shuttle bus for points further. The shuttle is surprisingly easy and runs on time in peak season. No need for your car. Shuttles are beach chair and bicycle friendly.
But... Most importantly...the staff. This is by far the nicest team of people you will ever meet. Nothing is too much, they are always available with info, suggestions, answers, help and just a friendly "what did you do today?" Felt more like being someone's houseguest than a paying guest of a hotel.
Take my suggestion... Stay here. And then go jump off a bridge!- ask the ladies at the desk what I mean.

Room Tip: Book early. The annex is tight and no tv, if you need one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Unoudeux
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Unoudeaux,

Thank you so much for the lovely and very thorough review of your recent visit to the Pequot. I am so very pleased that you and your daughter appreciated so many aspects of your visit, and even more pleased that we will have the opportunity to see you again!

It was certainly a pleasure to watch you and your daughter enjoy yourselves and while exploring the Vineyard and we will all look forward to meeting your other children when you return. Please call directly to book so we can best assist you in choosing the most appropriate accommodation.

Maybe when you return we can all go jump off the bridge together!
My warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We ended up staying here by someones recommendation in a Rhode Island B&B and am so glad he took the time to tell us about it and set it up for us! Thanks Toni! We were treated to a beautiful place, wonderful party on Friday evening, and a fabulous breakfast! so quaint... I would go back in a heartbeat! The manager as super sweet and had wine and chocolates on our bed when we got there to celebrate our anniversary. We are telling everyone we know about what a wonderful time we had there. We will be back!

Room Tip: request a room with private bath
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori r
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Lori r,

Thank you for the nice review of your recent stay at the Pequot. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us and hope that you will return to celebrate many more!

I will be sure to pass on your kind words of thanks to Tony, who works at our sister Atlantic Stars properties in Newport as well as here at the Pequot, for referring you to us. And I will be sure to extend to him our thanks as well for sending us such nice guests!

When someone has a great experience here at the Pequot and then spreads the word to friends and family, as you said was your intention, it is the best compliment we can hope to receive. Thank you so very much!

Until next time,
With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have stayed with the wonderful, always friendly staff at the Pequot Hotel in the past and this stay was no different. The staff will go out of their way to help you with travel plans and dinner reservations. Everything you need is there just waiting for you. Beach towels, beach chairs, blow dryers and fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies. The breakfast foods are always good and plentiful. We will return again to visit our Martha's Vineyard friends. Thank you all for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindik910
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear cindik910,

Thank YOU for once again choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation. It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us. We are already looking forward to your return!

I will be sure and pass on your kind words to all of Team Pequot. Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and until we meet again take good care!
With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is charming, friendly and very clean. The staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. The Continental breakfast is homey and delicious. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SSALK,

And we will look forward to your return!

Enjoy the rest of your summer,
My best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Pequot in June and had a great experience. The location is hard to beat, 20 yards from the beach and main street of town. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and was very helpful providing recommendations for food and directions on how to get to various attractions. As everyone else mentioned, the cookies and lemonade are a nice touch to come back to after the beach. Overall we had a great time and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Lawsonw7,

I'm so pleased that you had such a great experience at the Pequot!

Thank you for the kind words, I will certainly share them with all of Team Pequot and we will all look forward to your return.

My best regards,

#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
#1 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!