“The Pequot-An Excellent place to Stay and enjoy the Vineyard”
Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Fort Pierce Fl.
“The Pequot-An Excellent place to Stay and enjoy the Vineyard”
Reviewed 3 September 2009

What a charming place to stay and enjoy the Vineyard.! This was my first trip to the island and I was thrilled that the Pequot's location was central to beaches,shopping and dining.(No cars needed at all) The staff were friendly and helpful during my stay and I was impressed with their knowledge of the historical significance of the hotel and Oak Bluffs. How pleasant to see guests relaxing and chatting while they rock on the beautiful veranda.I did not feel uncomfortable traveling solo at all.Who can resist the aroma of fresh baked muffins in the morning and homemade cookies in the afternoon?My room was exceptionally clean and full of the charm found throughout the hotel.I would highly recommend and hope to return. Thank you staff for all your assistance.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 1 September 2009

The whole experience was awful. According to the innkeeper-they did not have my reservations because the reservation system on their website is not the real system that confirms reservations!!?????!!! I did have -via email- a confirmation, a reminder, and afterward-an after trip followup-but they did NOT have me booked. They did offer me another room which was all they had available(after 15 minutes of repeating that we weren't confirmed with THEIR system). For the incredible rate of $227.00-including taxes I got a double mattress set with no headboard, no TV, one 12 inch end table with a tiny lamp(so neither my husband or I could read in the room) a rickety hard back chair that I had to use as my luggage rack, a tiny rickety dresser, a piece of cloth as my closet door and a bathroom that looked like it belonged in a girl scout camp. It had a toilet seat that was larger than the toilet, a moldy shower curtain, frayed rug and towels, rusted soap dish and rotten wood around the tub enclosure. The innkeeper-apologized for the inconvenience-but AGAIN tired to relate the problems to the fact that we never were confirmed-because THEY didn't let us know it was confirmed????? It sure seemed to us that a confirmation and the email reminder from reservations@pequothotel.com would be a REAL confirmation!!!
I would never have made a reservation at this price for a double bed room with no TV-but really-the room was so bad I couldn't believe it. When I let the innkeeper know(politely) that I did not think the room met my expectations-he kept making excuses and finally offered to call around and find us another room elsewhere and to refund our money. By this time it was 9 pm, we had travelled all day and we decided we were too tired to move-so we ended up spending the night at full price in this dump. I really don't know how they can get away with charging such prices-and how come their own web page reservation system can screw up so badly. --Travelers beware!!

5 Thank Travellady1124
NH
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Very cute, cozy hotel with nice amenities like chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the afternoon, continental breakfast, cute shabby chic decor, and excellent location in Oak Bluffs just a few blocks from the shops/restaurants. The hotel staff were very accomodating and let us keep our bags there until check in.

The only issue I had was there was a very strong peach air freshener smell in the room which I think was to cover up the weird smell coming from the carpet as mentioned in earlier reviews. As long as the windows were open it wasn't noticeable. When the windows were closed though the air freshener wasn't enough to cover the smell. The linens and bathroom were very clean. I think they just need to replace the carpet.

washington dc
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed at the Pequot during President Barack Obama's visit to the island. The staff at the Pequot, from general manager Lisa Allen on down, were incredibly friendly, warm, helpful and fun. They ordered taxis, found a newspaper on the island with an article I wanted, even organized a movie--Jaws, which features many islanders and island locations-- for guests on a very rainy Saturday. Right before I left, I bought souvenirs which were packed into 2 shopping bags . I unloaded the items, packed them into my suitcase and left the empty shopping bags on the coffee table in the entry parlor. They thought the bags contained something I'd left behind and tracked me down through the taxi service! They made it easier for guests like me to work, and have fun. We should all be so dedicated to our jobs.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed 31 August 2009

What a marvelous weekend at the Pequot Hotel in Oak Bluffs. It's like living in another world where all the stress and duress of daily life has been eliminated. The management staff went out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable and memorable one. I shall return again, and again....and again.

New York
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I had a problem with the house we booked for the week the week and with the help of some wonderful, caring staff I was able to regain some of my faith in peace on the vineyard ! The manager Lisa along with Deidre and Rachel went out of their way to help my family find accommodationsso that we were not homeless on the Vineyard later in the week when my daughter joined us only to be proposed to ( to her surprized)on "The Flying Horses!!!" Again I thank you for such a nice place to rest our heads and great people to surround ourselves with. I will smile every time I think of their compassion and the wonderful, tasty we ate for breakfast or the chocolate chip cookies for snack. Kudos to the Chef!! We will look forward to next year and hmmmwho needs a house when the Pequot Hotel is so perfect?

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
union
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This was my first visit to to Martha's Vinyard, I traveled with my 22 year old daughter. I was expecting a greeting when I checked in. All I receive was your room is ready here is the key. No B&B Charm . I guess I expected more since I was the visitor and) just common courtesy would have been nice). The staff just ignored us the whole time, we made the best of our trip by sharing memories and hanging out at the beach which was covered with sea weeds. They have very nice shops, lots of nightly entertainment. The hotel is in an excellent location. The hotel room was small but clean . They served a nice breakfast muffins,. fruit, coffee and juice afternoon snacks was chocolate chips cookies, coffee and tea. They gave us bottles of water in our room.

The courtesy may not bother you but it would be nice. Overall it is not a bad place to stay. Next year I have a different place in mind.

• Stayed August 2009
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#2 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!