“Great friendly staff with excellent service.”
Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Dumont, New Jersey
“Great friendly staff with excellent service.”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

We stayed in a very large room with a king bed,tv and mini frig The room was great and the maid service was as promised every day. The breakfast every morning was than enough for anyone. The bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee and orange juice were plentiful. The afternoon snack which included lemonade,ice tea and cookies just hit the spot. The front porch had plenty of rocking chairs and was swept clean everyday. The wifi was a big plus to use while you were sitting on the front porch or in the privacy of your room. Great place to stay close to beach and town.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tfran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I visited the Pequot Inn on Martha's Vineyard during the height of the summer season in early August, 2010. I was very impressed with the staff and especially the hotel manager, Lisa. Even with a fully booked hotel, everyone was gracious and helpful with advise on local restaurants and attractions. Lisa even made multiple calls to find me a taxi I didn't have to wait long for one evening. I particularly enjoyed the afternoon cookies with coffee while relaxing on the porch in one of the many rocking chairs; a lazy respite for a frazzled city dweller - not to be missed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Our family rented the apartment for two nights. We were disappointed to say the least, too expensive for what they offer. The bathroom smelled bad and the shower was just a trickle. The living room couch needs to be replaced badly. Beds were just a covered mattress However the staff were very nice, place was quiet, front porch also very nice. Continental breakfast excellent. Also easy to get to beach and town center. Just way overpriced!!!!! Would not stay again!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mongata76
Lincolnton, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Pequot for the first week in August, 2010, and the first thing that I would say made it special are the staff. Everyone made us feel like our comfort and enjoyment during our stay was their primary goal and the little touches were so wonderful, I would go back TODAY, if I didn't have another life outside of vacation! Fresh bottles of water every day in our room; beds made with a top sheet, blanket, the another topsheet, kept the covers from sliding off the bed, plus it felt very "clean" since everyone knows that blankets are not laundered as often as sheets, even at home; we had requests that were graciously fulfilled, from extra pillows to instructions rearding MV transit system and tips on what to see while we were there. The homemade cookies in the lobby daily were FANTASTIC, plus you could smell them baking in the afternoons, made you want to just grab them from the oven. I HAD A WONDERFUL, RELAXING, BEST TIME EVER and I HOPE TO RETURN AGAIN. Lisa, Boo, and the rest of the staff, thanks for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank gardenerNC58
Westport
Reviewed 22 August 2010

My mother and I have spent our fifth vacation staying at the Pequot Hotel on Oak Bluffs. We really enjoy the staff and Lisa is awesome !!! The room that we get is so clean and I feel like it is my second home. I want to thank all of the staff for their hospitalitiy and making our stay so comfortable. Also, thank-you so much for remembering my birthday !!! What a surprise. We will continue our summer ritual for as long as we are able and will stay at the Pequot Hotel. Thanks again to Lisa and all of the staff. We love you all !!!!! Hope to see you before the summer is gone. May go on a day trip with my husband and grandson. God bless !!!

• Stayed August 2010
Georgetown, Delaware
Reviewed 15 August 2010

If you are looking for all the modern conviences of the Hilton on the main land of Massachuttes....then the Pequot Hotel is not for you. The charm of this old house converted into a hotel was captivating. The Manager Lisa and her staff were more than just staff, they were so friendly that you feel like you are staying in their home, from the breakfast, to the chocolate chip cookies you find promptly at 2 pm every afternoon along with tea and lemonade, this hotel will win steal your heart. The room I shared with my sister in law of 35 years and my best friend was not even as big as my own at home but was so cozy and comfy. The bedding was just like yours at home except for the added sheet on top of the blanket gave you that extra sense of caring from the staff to make sure you were confident in the cleanliness of your beds. I am planning a stay with my family in one of the bigger rooms they have.
To the staff, from Lisa to Bo and all the girls in the office,,thank you for making feel right at home with you. Hope to see you in the future.
Linda Huss
reservation under Lynn Melton

• Stayed August 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My best friend Kim and I originally chose the Pequot Hotel based on location to the Ferry as it was our first trip to the Vineyard. What a wonderful surprise to be wowed from the minute we arrived. Road tired, we were offered a cool drink and beach chairs. The location to both the beach and town were perfect. We walked everywhere. The rooms and service felt more like home than a hotel. Thanks Lisa. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!