“Great room, great location, great staff”

Martha's Vineyard Surfside Hotel
Ranked #9 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Surfside is a great hotel in a great location. I have stayed at the hotel in the past and recently booked it for my parent's wedding anniversary. We all loved our stays. The location is fantastic. It is a short walk from the Steamship and close to many bars, restaurants and shops
The room was large, modern and clean. There is free parking which is great.

Above all, the customer service is superb and the staff and the owners are all helpful, inviting and warm. I recommend it without hesitation.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nmdicarlo

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We booked two nights at the Surfside. When we arrived at Martha's Vineyard, we were early but the staff let us store our bags in the office while we walked around Oak Bluffs. First, the location is excellent, just yards away from the ferry dock, yet fairly quiet. We could walk to all of the Lake Ave and Circuit Ave stores easily. The motel courtyard is very pretty, secluded from the street, and a nice place to sit and relax between activities. The room was clean and functional. We could see the ocean from our window. Our two dogs — Chihuahua & Pomeranian — traveled with us, and the staff allowed us to leave the pups in their travel crates in our room as long as we left a contact cell phone number with the office when we went out. Each morning, we would walk across the street to the Oak Bluffs town beach to enjoy the beautiful dawn with our pups.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We have stayed here every year in September for the past 4 years. Every year there are small improvements to the motel. Pet friendly place to stay, helpful staff, and nice walkable location. I enjoy the small, beautifully kept garden. The standard rooms are nothing special but adequate for us and the price is good for MV. Looking forward to returning this year for some R and R.

Room Tip: Three floors and no elevator so if steps are a problem book accordingly.
Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianecda26
Reviewed 4 August 2012

First and foremost, I have to thank Katie in the Surfside motels front office. She was able to find me a room on a busy weekend when all the hotels were booked up. I originally booked the room through Orbitz and they canceled my reservation without my consent a month ago. They never even emailed or called me to let me know they had canceled it. The trip was a surprise for my fiancé, for her 26th birthday.
The motel location is superb, it's right in the center of town. It's literally steps away from the beach, ferry, and restaurants. The rooms are nice, clean and good for customers on a tight budget. The staff is curtious and helpful. I really enjoyed the overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Surfside is a great hotel for families, couples, or getting away with friends. The location is outstanding - about a 2 minute walk from the Steamship and Island Queen. It's close to the bars and restaurants on the Dock as well as Circuit Ave. The people who work there are fantastic! Great customer service. The place is clean, well maintained and rooms are a decent size! Bonuses include: free parking, little sitting area outside, location, and if you are a dog lover, you can bring your dog with you!

Room Tip: Besides having rooms with 2 double beds which are the 'norm' they do have a larger room that...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

It's not easy to find a hotel on M.V. that will take a one night stay during July, but the Surfside did and my friend and I had a great stay. Our first floor room was clean and comfortable, with an updated bathroom, and a charming garden with wicker furniture right outside our door. Since Oak's Bluff is very compact, we were literally steps away from shops and restaurants, and a very short walk to the harbor and to the famous Gingerbread houses. We also liked the convenience of being close to the ferry stop and to the shuttle bus that runs to Edgartown and Vineyard Haven. Although the Surfside is far from deluxe, it was more than acceptable for our short stay.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor for the access to the patio but I imagine the upper floor would be preferab...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank judytravel
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night at the surfside motel. The location is 2 minutes walk from the ferry pier AND also from the main streets. The staff were very friendly and upgraded our room to include ocean+street view at no extra cost! The rooms were clean and the size was just right for two. Loved our stay here and would certainly stay again when we visit Martha's Vineyard.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
#3 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Nashua House Hotel
Nashua House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Martha's Vineyard Surfside Hotel? Share your experiences!